[Archive] Chaos Dwarves - 40 Points Competitive - AoS: Azyr Comp 1.9

Novos:

Hey all!

So my buddies and I have been having some great AoS games under Louisville Gaming’s Azyr Comp. It’s gaining massive popularity in the community and is widely regarded to be the most balanced comp system for AoS. We’ve been playing the 40 point (Large Battle) bracket. I’ve been pretty successful with an O&G list I made and I’m basically mimicking some of the more successful ideas for this list. Let me know what you think.

Hero

Drazhoath The Ashen - 9 Points

Units

16 Black Orcs - 10 Points
- Full Command
- Orc Banner

3 Bull Centaur Renders - 4 Points
- Weapon & Spiteshield

3 Bull Centaur Renders - 4 Points
- Weapon & Spiteshield

War Machines

Hellcannon - 5 Points

Hellcannon - 5 Points

Dreadquake Mortar - 3 Points

When I get the units, I’m gonna drop the Blorcs for 2 units of 10 fireglaives and a unit of fireborn. Until then I’m good like this, blorcs are amazing in AoS and in Azyr comp.

As a 9 point wizard under Azyr, Drazhoath can summon up to 5 units of fireborn! I’m not into playing named characters, but this is the only option for a Sorc-Proph on Taurus. Named characters aren’t that strong in AoS anyway. Compared to their 8th edition counterparts they’re pretty much cannon fodder.

Hellcannons and DQM do ridiculous damage with their shot! The DQM is the same points as the Magma Cannon, which isn’t anywhere near as good as it was in 8th. Even worse under Azyr comp. And I simply don’t have the points or the war machine/monster slots to put in a shrieker.

The only thing I’m worried about is that this army is significantly smaller than most in this point bracket. But I guess we’ve always had to deal with that :smiley:

Let me know what you guys think and what you would change.

Thanks!