[Archive] Chaos...the LARGE and the Small...Part 5

Blue in VT:

So I finally finished up a commission that I’ve been working on for a friend from CDO…in which I was painting the Chaos Warrior Versions of the MM90 Chaos Dwarfs that he had already painted. here are the last three pairs. If you want to see more detailed pictures of the Chaos Warriors and read some of my thoughts about the process please check out my blog: http://bluesmarauders.blogspot.com/

Here are the pics…

thanks for looking!

Blue

Borador:

Nicely painted Blue! Very nicely! It was a lot very enjoyable following your progress on this commission!

Bolg:

I’m soo loving this (:

evilskull52:

this reminds me of Austin Powers with mini me

Threadbare:

Great stuff Blue.

How did you do the bronze on the first one?

Zanthrax:

Great work blue keep more coming

Skink:

this reminds me of Austin Powers with mini me

evilskull52
Damn true :D

Nicodemus:

I’m seething with jealousy!! So envious of your collection of great models. Top notch paint jobs on them too. Excellent work… always a pleasure to see your work!

~N

Taurian:

The funny thing when looking at these guys is personal perspective. I’m sure that to collectors of the larger version may think that the dwarf version looks weird, to me it’s the other way around, and their larger equivalents look sort of gangly and ungainly, while the dwarf version is compact and precise!

cornixt:

The old Chaos Warrior models were often very weird looking, with odd proportions and a head that frequently drifted down onto their chests. Such is the nature of Chaos, even the sculptors seems to lose perspective on anatomy!

Blue in VT:

The funny thing when looking at these guys is personal perspective.  I'm sure that to collectors of the larger version may think that the dwarf version looks weird, to me it's the other way around, and their larger equivalents look sort of gangly and ungainly, while the dwarf version is compact and precise!

Taurian
Its interesting that you mention this...because I felt the same way when I started this project....but by the end I'm feeling like the Warriors seems more "right" than the dwarfs...:o

...just another reason to get back to painting my MM90s!

Thanks for the kind words all!

Blue

Kera foehunter:

ooooooooooooooooo colors very clean and nice …