[Archive] Chat Testing Today - Wednesday!

grom:

cant this room be hosted on more popular server like quakenet??

Xander:

Yes, it probably could, what should we know about Quakenet before hosting there?

torn:

i think it would be good to host it on a server on which other warhammer groups use, if there are any. that way we are becoming more integrated with the warhammer community as a whole.

grom:

http://www.quakenet.org/ - there is all what should be known about quakenet :wink:

Its most popular IRC server, so I’m sure there is dozens of warhammer rooms :wink:

Guildenstern:

actually the TheWarhammerForum/Warhammer-Empire chat is at newnet.

Albion is a shared chat of many communities but mainly asur, asrai.org, druchii.net. But also ogrestronghold and… hm… many others :smiley:

That one is hosted at gamesurge.net

Xander:

Switched over to gamesurge.net

:slight_smile:

I should be on most of the day, come say hi.

grom:

If u join channel and there are some ppl, but they dont answer - they are probably afk. Just be patient - with time they will answer :wink:

wallacer:

well, I got the error “Unable to connect : java.net.ConnectException : Connection refused: connect”

Although I did try it at work, so our firewall may be blocking it.

torn:

also dont bother talking to people in #albion , well try it if u want, but you wont get any warhammer discussion out of them.

Vodevil:

lol, well that is what makes that place interesting though.

I wouldn’t go there if you are easily offend either.

Guildenstern:

also dont bother talking to people in #albion , well try it if u want, but you wont get any warhammer discussion out of them.

torn
LOL

well... that's not completely true but it describes the current situation very well. The ppl there know each other for a long while so warhammer is not longer the main topic, yes.

torn:

im not easily offended, it just seemed to be a lot of dribble, and a lot of harshness when i mentioned i played chaos dwarfs, like they were trying to catch me out as someone who didnt know anything about them, which is neither polite nor constructive.

it seemed they were more armchair gamers, whereas we get off our arses and actually model something every once in a while.

Nagathi:

It is true we in #Albion know most of each other. It is untrue we don’t speak about Warhammer. We just had a long session helping a new Bret player to device a 2500 point army for a tournament. We often talk about Warhammer if someone asks. But if no one asks anything Warhammer-related we go on and speak of the daily things that has happened. We often get new people in the chat, and we try to greet them with the dignity anyone deserves.

Sure, we aren’t always forced to create our own models like most of you do, but that’s not reason to call us lazy IMO. And Torn, we asked you questions on things we wanted to know (at least I did). I didn’t know how the relations between Chaos Dawi and Regular Dawi were, so I asked. It inspired a Chaos Dwarf vs Dwarf discussion in which you seemed very omnipotent. Others chipped in with what fluff they knew, and it was really an open discussion. We certainly didn’t try to catch you as someone who don’t know anything. Rather the opposite. We get very few Chaos Dwarf players in there, so I seieged the opportunity to ask some stuff I didn’t know. For you it may be rudimentary knowledge, but not for me.

We do have some crude jokes going around, but that’s what you can expect from a group of mostly bored teenagers. Like BaronDeSade’s find of this article or the Molo Islamistic Liberation Front (MILF) article. Things that some smile about :slight_smile: In #Albion we are friendly, and anyone is always allowed to say stop (or contact me) if things go out of hand.

And we’re found on
Network: irc.gamesurge.net
Channel: #Albion

BTW, I can suggest adding a target="_blank"[/b] to the chat link on this site to let people continue browsing while also chatting.

Nagathi[/b]
Owner of #Albion

Xander:

It is true we in #Albion know most of each other. It is untrue we don't speak about Warhammer. We just had a long session helping a new Bret player to device a 2500 point army for a tournament. We often talk about Warhammer if someone asks. But if no one asks anything Warhammer-related we go on and speak of the daily things that has happened. We often get new people in the chat, and we try to greet them with the dignity anyone deserves.

Sure, we aren't always forced to create our own models like most of you do, but that's not reason to call us lazy IMO. And Torn, we asked you questions on things we wanted to know (at least I did). I didn't know how the relations between Chaos Dawi and Regular Dawi were, so I asked. It inspired a Chaos Dwarf vs Dwarf discussion in which you seemed very omnipotent. Others chipped in with what fluff they knew, and it was really an open discussion. We certainly didn't try to catch you as someone who don't know anything. Rather the opposite. We get very few Chaos Dwarf players in there, so I seieged the opportunity to ask some stuff I didn't know. For you it may be rudimentary knowledge, but not for me.

We do have some crude jokes going around, but that's what you can expect from a group of mostly bored teenagers. Like BaronDeSade's find of this article or the Molo Islamistic Liberation Front (MILF) article. Things that some smile about :) In #Albion we are friendly, and anyone is always allowed to say stop (or contact me) if things go out of hand.

And we're found on
Network: irc.gamesurge.net
Channel: #Albion

BTW, I can suggest adding a target="_blank"[/b] to the chat link on this site to let people continue browsing while also chatting.

Nagathi[/b]
Owner of #Albion

Nagathi
Be sure to check out our Wiki for more information on Chaos Dwarf background and fluff. Or make some threads in the appropriate section. Most people are more than willing to tell what they know. :)

Xander
Owner of CDO

:hat off

... oddly, I can't connect to the chat this morning from work... I will have to look into this...

EDIT: I tried connecting to quakenet, and that didn't work either, so I assume my work has blocked me...
[11:51] Connecting...
[11:52] Unable to connect : java.net.ConnectException : Connection timed out: connect

minty:

Haha, nag’s hare to. well, i was the second realmer here before it became so popular

Nagathi:

http://www.woodelves.org/personal/nagathi/cdo.PNG

The chat works for me, albeit it’s a bit empty :smiley:

@ Minty, I see myself as an Asrai.orger or an Asur.org.uker more than a Realmer though. I’m only there to keep you and your server secure :slight_smile:

Anyhow, if anyone has questions about general IRC or #Albion, Xander should be able to answer most things, or you can contact me. Good luck!

~ Nag

minty:

yeah, i uess but your still on thre admin oard for the realm, also, i’m fnnaly starting to like the new skin

wallacer:

hmmm… so in the text box at the bottom I should be typing:

/server gamesurge.net

Is that correct?

Because at the moment it is coming up saying connection refused (so I suspect I may be doing something wrong).

Dracomancer:

hmm, doesn’t seem to be working for me.

Oh, and a warning, you are going to attract a LOT of spambots, check out blood keep to see what I mean, all they ever seem to get in the blood bar are bots…

Nagathi:

Dracomancer; the channel #Albion (and its predacessors) has been up and running for 2-3 years now. We get the occasional bot/spammer/troll, but that’s why we have ops and a Channel Services bot (ChanServ). We get one troll/spammer per 3 months on average.

wallacer; Did you get the pop-up? If you got it, you must click “yes” or else you will not be able to load the apple properly. If you did click yes and get the connection refused you need to try again. It happens that the server the applet is hosted on has temporary slow times and the stream fails to connect you. Use the button on the top (“Disconnect” and “Connect” or whatever they’re called ;)). The othe option would be to connect to the server through a proper IRC client (like mIRC or Xchat, but those are not site related) :slight_smile:

Minty; I appreciate any and all comments about the new skin. But take it on WR and not here (or else Xander will blow us apart with his blunderbusses :D)

~ Nag