[Archive] choas dwarf mini yarn

richard barby:

hans reached the great city and was taken to the huge center tower. hans had never seen anythin as tall as this building it was hundreds of feet tall many times taller than anything that he had seen even the towers in atlorf where much smaller than this. he was leed by a handfull of obcidian guards the where dressed in red capes over ornate armour each of them carried axes they marched in step after a few mintues of walking through corridors and hallways his guard came to a stop outside a huge set of doors. the doors bore the mark of hashut branded in to the heavie wood. the captain of the guard turned to face hans you may not enter the meeting room with you staff and sword you must leave them with me. hans reluctanly handed over his wepions the captain had a look on him that was as fearse as gargath hans knew better than the argue with him. the doors slowley opened and hans was led insdie there where high priests of hashut 95 mages they sat in a semi circle the seats at the back getting higher up at the front there sat the lords and the lesser mages where at the back. hans looked for a familar face he looked for gorgoth in the crowd he was sitting in the front row of mages he had fine cloths on silks made shirt and over coat on the finest furs.

the room was warm fires burned at the back of the room on all sides keeping the chaos dwarfs warm obcidian guards fed the flames hans stood quitely waiting to by challanged or welcomed in truth he was not sure what was about to happen would he have to face a trail of his magic abiltys gorgoth stood up the pistons that powered his legs hissing under the fur coat he wore he walked over to hans and in a friendly manner placed his hand in his shoulder he addressed the crowd this is hans he has come to us he has come to help us beat the curse that has affected these long years. when his work is dome we will no longer age and turn to stone are fallen brothers will be reawakened . with his help we will reach are finest hour are kin in the mountains will fall the elves will bow to us and the humans will work as our slaves

there was a quite murmore of suport among the mages a few even clapped. as an older mage rose to speak bow to us human show us you are loyal to us i am astrogoth highest of high priest kneil now to us and never kniel to anyone ever again hans fell to his knees and bowed his head to the old mage gorgoth helped him to his feet afterwards. astrogoth waved his hand hans you will stay as will the inner circle mages the rest of you back to your work gorgoth astrogoth and 3 other mages waited as the others left gargath was brought in to the chamber he bowed to all 6 mages in front of him he carried hans staff and sword and gave them back to him one of the other mages took his turn to speak later today we will have a welcome feast in your honour human we have waited for you many years but for now we need to get to buisness of why your hear and what you can do to help us

gorgoth looked at hans i supose you have many questions after we have finished hear you will be shown to your house and introduced to your staff you have over 100 chaos dwarfs who are loyal to you as you servants and hundreds of slaves put the to good work for what ever you need them to do. now how do you think you can stop the ageing process of the curse

hans after a few sceond anwsered i honestly dont know where to start i have been thinking for a while now but i dont know how to even begin. well dont worry about that said gorgoth i have kept a few things from you till now but we already know how to stop the ageing process. but we are unable to do it it has been fortold by are lord molocraor. you have to go and fetch somthing for us it will turn back the ageing.

what do i have to get asked hans his mind raceing one day after getting to his new home and he would have tp leave again

astrogoth spoke this time. you and your captain will need to get vampires blood for us kill one and drain his blood mixed with the blood of a elf mage and a deamonds blood poured over the stone it will bring back to stoned flesh to life makeing are mages alive again and turn are half stone bodys to flesh once more.

why do you need me to get the blood for you why cant you go your selves asked hans

you where picked to do this a thousand years ago as was gargath he didnt know till now but his fate is intwined with yours

since before both of you where born

we have the elf blood and we have the deamond blood but you are chosen to get the vampiers blood for us. but not just you 2 alone there are 2 other picked to go with you

astogoth clapped his hands bring them in he said to the guards

another human walked in but he was not a human from hans land he was a norseman 7feet tall coved in tattoos and furs over his armour the second person who came in was a female she was a dark elf she looked beautiful and slender but her eyes showed he to be cold and unloving both of them out of politness bowed to the mages kasandra hear killed a highelf mage she cut out his heart and showed it to the mage when we was still alive she gave us the elf blood ragnar hear killed a deamond near the wastes of chaos he bound it to a rock useing his people acent magic drained its blood. they where both picked long ago to do this ereand with you. the 4 of you have along way to go bring back ti blood of the vampier then we have all we need to save our people hans you understand what you have to do now. where is the vampire we have to kill and how well defened is he ?

thats the hard bit said gorgoth hes inside the empier in the guarded by many of his kin in a fortress that only the dead can walk in to freely

richard barby:

the raganr kasandra and hans where taken to hans new home where they where welcomed by hans new household his house was insdie a quater of the city commanded by gorgoth as each of the high mages had there own area to command

ragnar spoke with hans baout how his mages had made a chain out of the hair of sacrificed virgins and put a curse on it that lashed the bloodletter to the rock unable to move ragnar had first cut his hands off and slit his throat the blood he gave to the chaos dwarf was paid in thousands of slaves he had staied 6 months wiating for hans to come after delvering the blood. kasandra told of her raiding party catching a group of archers who where guarding a mage with there repeter crossbows they got the drop on the elves and killed them all and saled away before the armys of evles could catch them. the mage was given to the whitches but the honourd there part of the bargin and gave blood to the choas dwarfs for many slaves and some fine metal work done by the choas dwarves for them. kasandra had been waiting in the choas dwarf capital for several years she got on well with ragnar in the time they had spent together hans assumed they where lovers not before long he would find out he was right.

hans spent a few hours looking around his house it was covered in the rune of hashut all over it had found his slaves most where gboblins but some where humans the very same suvivors from the fort who had travels all that way with him one spat at him shouting trator his slave master whipped him bloddy in front of hans the other humans where soon quite. all together there where 20 humasn in his care from the fort and another 15 who had been caught by other means they cleaned his house and cooks for him it was a far luckier from of slaverey than many other had by being sent to the mines a place they would never make it out of again

after a few hours wating gargath was rought to them he was in a foul mood and looking very different his tusks had been removed and his beard was now straghtened both on both his hands his knuckels where red as well. hans shoulded for some beer to be fectched for gargath what happened to you he asked it so i can look like a bloody mountain hiding faulse god worshiping dwarf. he grabbed a huge mug of ale and drained in a few seconds hans asked what about your hands thats what happened to the guy who took my tusks off hes a bloody mess gargath was laughing now as he drank a second cup of ale. you 3 are next ragnar had to trim his beard and and doned clothing of a empire soldier kasandra had to put on clothing of a high elf archer. and hans had to remain in his clothing gorgoth met them the following morning at a stable with in the city i have a leaving gift for the 4 of you hardly a gift for you kasandra you brought them with you elven horses these will get you in to the empire in no time at all. and a second gift from our dark elf cousens repeter crossbows 2 each and plenty of blots to go with them if you get in to trouble use them and run theres noly 4 of you

gorgoth stood next to hans horse make sure you come back brother they shock hands and gorgath gave hans a piece of wrapped paper with a wax seal of hashut on it open this when you get to the empire we have an agent who will meet you if you follow where it says to go you will meet him go with him and he will take you towards the vampiers home. as they walked towards to gate of the city we are all counting on you and the rewards will be great hans reached down fromt he horse we will come back with it i promiss you my friend now its time for us to go. the rode out of the city as the great gates where opened in font of them

the 4 of them rode out the evlen hources moved quickly over the plans after little over half and hour they could not see the city behind them and with in a day they where closeing in on the moutains that they had travled through just a week before so much had changed in such a short amount of time they made camp gargath was quick to light a fire with any trouble and ragnar has some meat that they cooked on it kasandra ate hers raw she licked the blood off her fingers as it ran between her fingers and her hands. ragnar did not talk much heate heartily the meat he had with him it was cooked but was still very raw gargath cooked the meat for him and hans till t was almost blackgargaht was sore from riding the elven horse was far to big for him and he was not used to riding anything. they where a strange group hans thought to himmself

richard barby:

as they begain to ride on the second day they rode at a slower pace with hans riding next to kasandrahe had not really been able to speak to her much but took the opertuinty now that he had it. he had many questions for the elf she intreged him maybe the same as she did to ragnar. hans was hoping that what ever happened he did not end up on the wrong side of the barbarian he was a fearsome warrior to say the least.

you where waiting for several years in the chaos dwarf city he asked yes my king ordered me to wait till we had honured are part of the bargin with the chaos dwarfs i have grown to like it there she said they sacrifice almost as many slaves as my kin do i have been able to join some of the rituals we have built a strong relationship over the last few years. your firend gorgoth has been good company to me he has been waiting for you all his life.

it always seemed to me that i was alone he said waiting for someone to come in to my life my fellow mages never liked me. looks like you have found a home said kasandra so have you hans responded will you stay hear after this is all over or wil you go home to your fellow elves.

i have thought about it for the many years i have been with the chaos dwarfs and until ragnar came to join us i was thining i would go and stay with the chaos dwarfs for a few more years. but now im not sure ragnar loves me he showers me with love he makes sacrifsces to me bringing me prisoners to kill and blood to bath in i think after this i will go with him and leed his people to war in my name i will have a thousand people bringing me slaves to sacrifce.

hans sat in his sadle with out speaking for a few seconds. hears to the to of you he said.

do you love him also hans asked

i love how much he loves me and thats good enough for now she said. what about you hans are you staying with the chaos dwarfs after this is all over

i have a home finally a home for the first time ever a home i cant wait to get back there

they rode on and gargath pulled up next to hans this is where we had the battle a few days ago keep your eyes open for dwarfs who survived or more of the kin from there hold they may shoot on site ragnar spoke up then we will kill them all he smiled i will bring you blood my love he said to kasandra. also as they rode forward we will be inside the empire very soon as well its time for you to open your orders hans pulled up he reached inside on of the pockets on the sadle the paper was small and it had cumpled a little he pulled the wax off and gave it to gorgath distroy it dont leave it a sign we have been hear gargath crushed it under his fingers and threw it in different directions hans opened the letter

and read it out to the other 3 of them

prosead to the town of leipzig go to the red bull tavern and ask for a man named vicktor he is the landlord and owner and one of are agents he will connect you with another of our agents in the army of the empier who will leed you to the vampier lands you cover is to pose as soldiers of fortune and he will get you in to the fortress of the vampiers the rest is up to you

good luck your brother gorgoth

kasandra looked at hans do you know where this town is wizard

yes i have been there is no more than 20 miles from the border and proberly no more than 30 from where we are now we could be there 2 hours i think as the spead of these horses

gargath jumpt down im sorry master but we cant ride in to a town with such fine horses they have to go they will ride back to our city by there selves we walk from hear on its not safe and if i spend much more time in a bloody saddle i think its going to be the death of me.

the 4 of them walked on they where in high sprits it was going to be a long walk perhaps all but it was warm enough as they reached he edge of the mountains they saw the carnage that had been left behind them there where hundreds of dwarfs and humans at the battle site burying the dead there was a group of dwarfs standing with a runesmith they where saying the slayer oath they must have missed the battle or ran away before there lines where overwelmed 3 empire officers where looking at the distoried earthshaker and the remains of the golems hans spoke to gargath keep quite at all costs the dwarfs will pick you akcent in seconds he wispered back i know im not stupid ame goes for you ragnar you dont have a riek akcent kasandra you will be fine you have just dont kill anyone they walked down in to hte valley and with im seconds a group of dwarfs ran over to them the all had crossbows pointed at them where have you come from your on the wrong sie of the mountain hans spoke we where hunting the choas dwarfs and we wnet after them we killed a few but had to tuen back when the rest of a companyouns where killed liar shouted one of them

what is your clan one pointed at gargath hans felt a shove in the back they where now sournded by at least 15 dwarfs some of the empire troops where walking over to them among them an officer hans shouted out an old army warming that they needed help and the troops came over quicker 25 of them there comocion was causeing everyone to stop where they where doing

hans looked at the men and said we are dogs of war we where fighting on the other side of the mountains when the rest of our men where killed by the choas dwarfs

the officer walked over i understand who he said he looked at the thaine of the dwarfs i will search them if there not what they say you can kill them the thain knoded. the thaine said hes with me hans interrupted he is my sworn man the office stepped forward its ok do you have anything to hide he asked no nothing

the officer felt along hans cloths and then the others my mane is captain ivan gurnth

he turned to the dwarfs aside from carrying a lot of wepions they have nothing on them no marks of dark gods no items that show them to be trators i think there fine the dwarf ordered his men away 4 walked on with the humans they where leed to the 3 officers the leader of them was in his 60s hans reconnised him and hoped he would not do the same hans offered a salute were are you heading wizard he asked leipzig first them were ever there are thigs to kill we have a friend to visit he has our pay waiting for us then we will see. where are you heading after you have left hear hans asked we going south to sylvania the vampiers are about and we intend to distroy there fortresses as best we can we have an army heading there of some 20,000 men or more we could always use and extra mage after you go to get your pay come and join us i can reward a good mage in my army

hans agred i will speak to the rest of the party but i think we will come where are you marshaling your army before you go the the vampier lands

solland we leave from there in 3 days make sure you with us now go tkae care of you buisness

with that the 4 companions where dismissed and sent on there way after they got out of sight of the empier troops and the dwarfs they where walking down a tree lined road

hans said we where lucky there not to be held for days i think the dwarfs would of killed us just for good measure

ragnar argeed i was about to say the same

quite snapped kaasandra off the road quick riders behind us.

the 4 of them ducked in to the undergrowth and watch as captain gurnth rode past with 12 men shortly afterwards some of the dwarfs followed after 10 mintues hans spoke we wait till dark then move to leipzig i guess they dont belive us

they campt out till dark and made there towards the town in darkness

richard barby:

hans led the way he used his mental vision he followed the tracks of the dwarfs there had been 10 of them following the 13 riders the party of 4 all had there repeter crossbows in hand there other wepions put aside for now each crossbow had a clip of 20 bolts and they carryied several other clips with them each time they pulled the trigger it would fire a shot if attacked they would be able to lay down a lot of fire back at whoever attacked them. after a few hours they reached the town its doors where shut and its walls to high to jump over we will have to wait to ge inside till morning hans said its at least 5 in the morning now i recon we need only wait an hour at most. the 4 of them held back from the town gates waiting

the gates where made of oak and where very heavie they where guarded by 10 guards and had guards along the walls it was a small town of only a few thousand but its walls where biuilt well it must of been why it was left alone by the choas dwarfs in the weeks before. the gates opened at 6am farm workers left a few at a time ragnar went inside first he looked like a mercanary soldier gargath went next qucikly follwed by kasandra and hans going in together gargath walked with a deliberate limp and had his arm bandaged as well he looked like was a veterian who had been in a hard fight hans walked in with kasandra on his arm he looked like a wealthy man with his paid for bride all 4 of them had a role to play

ragnar was to get in to the bar and get one of the rooms as was gargath once inside they could check out the bar and make sure they where not getting set up hans would enter later on looking for vickor the owner once gargath showed hima signal. kasandras job was to wait outside and keep an eye anyone coming towards to tavern

richard barby:

all day they waited ragnar and gargath got inside and paid some good coin for rooms to stay at the tavern they where both told to stay inside there rooms and have food brought to them. hans and kasandra walked around the town looking for captain gurnth and his men. kasandra let her hair fall over her ears to cover up the give away signs of her being an elf she walked with hans her arm linked around his she plaied her part as his lover to all who saw them pass by. hans paid them to stay in a different tavern this one was much nicer than the red bull and it cost far more as well. hans paid a man he got the trust off for some information in to the dwarfs and captain grunth and his men. 10 at night the riders arrived and went to the army barraks captain grunth left them there he went to his own home of all the coincdences this small town was his home hans could of swore. the captain could get the whole garrision after hans and his companions if he got wind of what was happening. nothing could be done about it now. hans paid for more information this time about the dwarfs they had arived at just after midnight and by captin grunths orders they where let inside the town 14 of them led by there thaine hans sitting insdie his room with kasandra mulled over what to do next there wa little chance he could gte warming to gargath and ragnar they where stuck in the tavern kasandra we have to go when there is still a chance we can ride out of the town right afterwards when your insdie i will get 4 horses and bring them round to the tavern once we know where to go we ride off before this captain or the dwarfs catch up with us.

hans agreed he was getting nervous now if they had been made they would have a hard fight to get clear of the town.

as night fell gargath and ragnar took up places inside the bar one sat on each side of the bar both had there wepions with them they would be left alone gargath had his curved sword and his crossbow ragnar carried an axe and hid his crossbow as well if they where attacked they would take a few warriors with them. victor was behind the bar at his tavern he was limped around his bar he was almost deaf and half blind. he was also a choas dwarf agent he had passed them information time and again for money and also for the saftey of his town it never got attacked by the any greenskin invasion or by the chaos dwarfs when they came to raid other villages would pay the price for leipzigs saftey

victor knew somthing was up he had got 2 visitors who looked like they knew there way around a battle they also handed over freshly minted coins. there where 8 others in the tavern it was a quite night in ones and twos they left till it was just the dwarf and the barbarain sitting at different ends of the tavern gargath walked to a window pulled back the curtain twice and went and stood by the door a few seconds later hans wlked inside. ragnar stood up when he walked in wheres kasandra he asked hans ina tone that showed a deal f concern shes getting aour rides we are levaing soon. victor hans pointed at the old barman gargath knodded as he locked the door behind hans. i have traveled a long way to meet you victor im from the other side of the mountains and im sure you know what i mean. victor pointed to his ear im sorry firend im getting old and deaf ragnar walked up to the bar grabbed victor and pulled him over the bar with one hand and held up inches away from hans face cut the crap victor i dont have time im leaving this town in a few mintues so who do i have to seek out in the empire army heading to sylvaina and you know what im talking about. yes i know my lords victor said weakly there is a officer who will help you his name is major vickors find him and he will see you right

ragnar put him down good he said in a gurff tone we go now? he asked hans yes get your things both of you quickly hurry now

richard barby:

as gargath and ragnars left hans and victor to get there gear hans tossed him a purse of coins that the old man caught and stuffed insdie his shirt thank you he said febaly hans walked over to the bar picking up a tankard of the warm ale that victor sold he to a mouth full it tased good this old man knew how to make a good drop. he put the tankard down whats your sceret in the brewing he said

victor said brew in oak not metal for best tastes he walked over to one of his many table to blow out a candle he was closeing up as soon as his 3 visitors left.

it was quite outside and hans could hear ragnar and gargath walking back to the bar.

the quite was then broken kasandra had raised hell stealing the horces he heard her laughing and the shouts from people and the sounds of crossbows twanging a man screamed hit by a bolt.

hans ran to the window he looked out and saw kasandra running down the street passed the red bull and ducking in to a house near by she was being followed by the dwarf thaine his warriors and a few of the towns guards about 20 men in total. hans reached for his mini crossbow gargath and ragnar joined him in the tavern they watched from the windows. kasandra was unmatched useing her repeter crossbow she pulled the trigger rapidly and showed the chaising men and dwarfs with bolts hans saw one turn back from the fight with as bolt in his leg he hopped back the dwarfs fired back there bolts bigger and much more powerfull spraying down the street kasandra was far to quick for the dwarfs shooting.

hans wispered to the ragnar and gargath crossbows out quickly we open the door and get out behind them and stay out of the light stay in thw shadows hans pulled the cock back on his crossbow looked at his companions who where ready. and went for the door.

kasandra had locked the door fo the house behind her she ran to a window and open fire on the dwarfs and humans outside she had picked the wrong stable she had walked in to the on the dwarfs where sleeping in she had killed 2 running from building and dropped at least one of the human patrol that had come after the sound of fighting she ran towards the tavern she could not take on all thses humans and dwarfs alone if she got passed the tavern hans and the other could come out behind the attackers .

richard barby:

she span as she ran and shot a quick salvo back at her persuers hitting on in the leg she was running past the tavern now and heading for a door way of a house just past the red bull she pushed the door open and slammed it shut a bolt hit the wooded frame as she rolled across the dark room and jumped up by the window and carried on fireing she emptied another clip of bolts an dropped down to reload.

hans pushed the tavern door open quietly and they moved out hans dropped to one knee raised his crossbow up to his shoulder he took a short breath aimed at the back of a dwarf and squeased the trigger the bolt fired hans shot twice more. the well crafted crossbow hardly recolied the dwarf went down shouting in pain hans pivited and lined up a townguards man he got 2 in the belly it folded him over. the bolts ripped the cheap human armour open. hans moved to his left keeping in the dark and not giving his location away he picked out a 3rd target and opened fire again.

gargath sprayed shots around like he was tring to shoot the dark away he it 2 dwarfs and a human and threw his crossbow aside and jumpt forward with his sowrd out. ragnars having shot one full clip in to a single guardsman reloaded. the thaine shouted to his warriors to fire at the targets behind them and attack them he took charge of the towns men as well and ordered them at the building holding kasandra. shouts went through the town and more guards where starting to head towards the tavern hans and his compainons where running out of time hans threw a hex at some of the dwarfs killing 3 of them shots fired from them dwarfs in to the dark at the tavern 2 dwarfs ran inside the axes drawn hans saw the thaine he had to be stopped or they would never get away hans shot the rest of his clip at the thaine the first few bolts bounced off his breast plate it was made of much better metal than the humans armour but hans riased his aim he hit the dwarf in the face putting 2 bolts in his jaw and one through his skull.

ragnar bored with fighting at range drew his sword and joined gargath fighting at close quaters. hans heard a scream it was kasandra she was not in pain but sreaming in the heights of extacy she fought with 2 swords she had jumped out of the window of the house and charged in to the middle of the human guards she cut down 3 of them almost to quick for hans to her move she rolled around the ground ducking under the slugish blows of the townsmen.

the fight was getting one sided some of the humans had started to run and the only dwarfs still alive where inside the tavern they had found victor and killed him. the old man died holding his money from given to him by hans the dwarfs cut his fingers off stealing to coins.

hand shouted to his 3 companions the gate move gargath pushed a dieing dwarf to the ground and ran to his masters side as the headed to the gate ragnar and kasandra where just ahead they moved quickly screams where heard behind them and moans of pain from the few who had lived from fighting them. people stiared from there homes at the passing killers ragnar and kasandra had a look of delight on there faces they reveled at killing this was there world gargath was not like them his world was on the battle field not sriking in the dark and running for it.

hans ordered them to hold back as they got to the gate it has a small night door in it that one man could leave at once the guards could get in the way and stop them getting out easily hans walked out from behind a building with the other behind him he has just the right hex for the 4 guards who where standing around stairing back in to the town she pushed out his hand towards them and wispered sleep with in seconds the guards fell to the ground sleeping. hans smiled quick out the gate we dont have long gargath went first he checked the way and kasandra followed just behind hans as ragnar stepped through a bolt from a crossbow hit him in the back he fell forward out of the door on to the floor

richard barby:

the huge maruder went down the steal tip of the bolt was in his lung he got to his hands and knees he spat a mouthfull of blood in to the dirt hans kasandra and gargath ran back to him shouting was coming from the town many where coming after them kasandar fired a fill clip of bolts though the doorway it sent any near by soldier ducking for cover ragnar tired to stand but fell back to the earth he cried in pain and swore gargath pushed hans aside and picked the huge human up and put him over his shoulder come onlets go he snapped hans turned to follow but he saw kasandra was fireing another salvo in to the town he grabbed her by the arm she turned on him get off me human pig she snapped at him touch me again and i will kill you bastard. hans bit back at her if we stay we die carzy witch. kasandra ragained he sences and ran after gargath and ragnar hans followed quickly

a few townsmen

richard barby:

a few townsmen after a few mintues pushed out of the gate slowly the eyes scanning the ground in front of them captain grunth was standing on the walls of the town he was looking in to the darkness but could not see anything the 4 warriors had disapeared in to the forests soronding the town the patrol of towns men pushed out of the gate. most of the towns guard was old retired soldiers with a few younger soldiers who where learnig there trade captain grunth had been sent back to keep an eye on them but they had done what tnhey came for and field he had failed it irked him

the towns major was in a state 15 dead soldiers 6 from the gate in hospital along with 5 others and 10 of the 12 dwarfs are dead who where these 4 people you had me let in to my town he was a few man almost 50 who ate well at the expence of the towns men he pointed his finger at the young captain and .he almost shouted

victor

pointing his fat finger at the captain the tavern keeper was killed in the cross fire was killed lowering his voice and grabing the shirt of grunth he paid me a lot of money under the table you will be repaying me from your own pocket for my losses.

generally slow to anger captain roger grunth now understood the rage of the towns major whohad hidden through out the skirmish lost control he slammed his fist in to the fat belly of the major he folded over it roger grabbed him by the neck and pushed him over the towns ramparts stopping him from falling by not letting go of him the fat mans arms thrashed wildly and gripped hold of the arms of the strong knight captain. he looked across for his guards but grunth,s men where standing next to them swords drawn and pointed at the guards who had come with the mayor they lowered there wepions and watched the captain and the mayor

enough of you mayor i know your on the take and you run this town like your the king of your own land im taking the best of your men with me and im leaviging one of mine hear to look after the town till i return your times over

im leaving a knight of the reiksguard behind he has the authrity to run this town till a new mayor is elected

the mayor strugeling for breath said this is an outrage this is my town

he was choking up the vice like grip of the captian

with spitel in him mouth he said i will have your life for this and your family that lives hear your right when you say i own this town your a dead man grunth dead he begain to smile he had the confidence to make the captain back down he would make him pay and his family as well.

i dont think so said roger and let go of the mayor who fell back from the towns walls screaming and waving his arms trying to breatk his fall the captain turned away before he hit the ground and adresses his men we have 4 people to hunt im not yet sure who there loyal to he pointed to one of his men your stayingf run this town find som men you trust take them from my household if need be. he adressed his sargens a huge man who had been with him through several battles find 20 men who can ride and know who to fight we leave in an hour

with that captain roger grunth went to say goodbye to his wife after seeing her for only one day he would have to leave her so soon

richard barby:

the vampier had taken a huge risk his power among his own kind was deminishing and rival counts where lineing him up to take his lands and his power. it had not always been so just 50 years ago he help a much larger amount of land and a few bigger amount of power among his undieng kin. he had help 2 great fotresses but the con carsens had turned there attention to him and taken one from him in a bloody war. had a baught peace with them by giving up his own family grave . the von carsens desercrated it and stole the bodys of his brother.

so now with his last chance to regain enough power to chalange the von carsens. he led his army out of there lands towards a poorly guarded border fort of the empiers. he hardly had an army that would strike fear in to the hearts of human kind just 3000 skellington warriors 3 necronancers a small company of grave guard and 14 blood knights. the blood knights where his biggest asset and would play the biggest part in his plan if he were to take the fort.

he wanted the fort as he was hoping the daring he was showing would bring more vampiers and necromancers to his banner and gain him back his power. after a day of marching word reached him that his home had fallen the von carsens had over run it as soon as he left. but he also got good news a necronacer was haeding to join him with over 500 zombies and a large cuntingent of dire wolves and fell bats. the vampiers sprits rose he didnt need his fort he would have oe soon and he would have the power to take back all he had lost. if not we would die trying

richard barby:

scouts ran back to the fort scurrying back with nexw that the vampires where on the move. the vampier lands had been ringed by a wall of fortresses blocking in the worst of there attacks one such fort was now bracing its self for attack 300 milita and 100 regular troops where its garrision the thousands that aproched them where a fearsome sight. the first scouts to see the host of dead raced to the fort. its commander imidatley sent riders to the near by towns sending a warming and riding for re enforcements they hurryed as they shut the gate and mand the walls the first attack came 300 skeington pushed at the gate the gunners and archers thined there numbers a little. the rest of them tired to climb the walls and push in the gate these attacks failed the garrision gerred at the vampier at the last of his shambeling warriors fell to the ground. the commander sent out a few men to smash the bones so they could not be remaid by the magic of the vampire. the vampire watched this commander wasnt stupid it was going to take the second part of his plan to open the break through.

the next day a much larger attack was launched on all sides of the forts joined by the zombies wolves and bats the horde of undead had some better luck this time the bats pulled a few humans down from the walls to be torm apart by the zombies and the ladders the skelingtons used in some parts almost gained parts of the walls but still the humans held holding 80 men back by the gate that the grave guard attacked with a huge felled tree with crude wheels added that was battering the gate. the commander knew it was going to be a hard fight to hold but he was everywhere along his lines standing on the walls one moments rushing to the courtyard to help his men there push the grave guard back. his men rallied where he went fighting with greater effort when we was next to them.  but still the attacks came and it looked as if at any time the wall would be lost or the gate would fall.

then in the hour of upmost need there heard the sound of a trumpet looking from a wall a small squad of knights where riding along to outsides of the walls there speed and strength of horse and valour of the riders was driving back the attackers they headed for the gate the metal armour skattering all before them a millita man who was over excited saw them hacking through the grave guards and ran to the edge of the walls and shouted to the men in the courtyard open the gate let them inside thinking it was from the commander some of the millita ran to the gate as he bellowed to keep it shut but they never heard him of did not want to listen and opened the gates to the riders who have rode past the grave guards the blood knights charged in to the courtyard led by the vampier he cut down 4 milliat in seconds and ripped a 5th apart with just his hands his knights did the smae they fought like war was all that mattered to them  a few shots rang back in the courtyard and the commander led his best men in to the slaughter. outside the grave guard followed and hordes of other undead troops did as well all along the walls the fight was far more desperiate now the vampier fought his way to the commander who was powerless to stop him he died quickly as did the fort the black guard and grave guard took the stairs and soon the walls fell resistance was brief and futile

and now the vampire had himself a new fort and his gamble was starting to pay off but hans and his companions where making they way to him

richard barby:

ragnar was a strong man as strong a human as hans had ever met of was evey likley to meet after the 4some had got away from the fortress he pushed his way down from gargaths shoulders and tried his best to run alongside the other 3. he still had the bolt sticking out of his back and was fighting back the pain hans ordered them to stops when they saw an entrance to a cave. ragnar was reluctant to show the others his back but kasandra southed him and he argeed to let them look at it. the bolt was 3 inchs inside his back missing his heart and lungs by luck gargath and kasandra looked to hans to find a way of helping ragnar.

hans was quite for a few mintues i can save you but first we need to pull out the arrow gargath old him hans sat on the back of ragnar kasandra pull out the arrow when i count to 3 she stepforward touching the hand of ragnar

hold still my love it will be over quickly be stong for me. she begged of him hans watchign her touch the arrow said on 3 after he said 1 she yanked the arrow clean out and ragnar cries aloud and thumoed his fist in to the ground he had tears rolling down his face hans stepped forward and placed his hand next to the wound and begain to mutter a spell of healing over it hold still ragnar kasandra said to him holding his hands that had blood on them from hitting the floor

hans healing spell begain to work and the hole in the back of ragner slowley begain to close up and after just 60 seconds it was closed hans sat down afterwards tired from the labour on his mind his was looking tired and would find it hard to push on but ragnar would live and there plan continued a little longer

richard barby:

the wound had closed over but ragnars pain did not ease so much it was starting to get on top of him kasandra gave him somthing that helped it was a dried herb that hans had never seen before. dried leaves that where darkest black in colour it hans spelt some that was left over it smelt of week old urine but it worked well on the barbarian. hans disided that they would wait out the night and move on in the morning gargath kept watch out of the cave as the others huddled together a little deeper insdie the cave. kasandras eye saw through the dark of the cave as if it was a well lit room a bear had lived inside the cave but had been hunted a drvien away by beastmen. there smell was still inside the cave there was also a little but of water pushing up from the ground below it tasted good far better than the town water they had drank earlier that day.

the first light of morning came gragath woke hans it was no later than 5am he put in hand over his mouth and the finger of his other hand over his lips riders outside 30 of them they have dogs as well they tracked us over night hans looked down the cave he saw captain grunth standing by the mouth he was dressed in full battle armour with his knights next to him and other men of the town garrision behind them ragnar and kasandra where awake as well there hands on the crossbows gargath waved them down its no good the know we are hear there dogs followed the blood from ragnars wound we could make a stand but they have the drop on us we could try and stay insdie and we will end up stuck hear till we die or old age and they will come at us ling before then. what do you sugest hans asked gargath we go out plead our case we got attack by the dwarfs and eveyone else died on the crossfire

ragnar spoke up he was sounding stronger after a sleep i have never given anything i will not give up my self now nor will i give us kasandra i will fight till im dead protecting her she tapped him on the arm and smiled maybe i protect you she said.

hans started to speak but was interupted but captain grunth

come out now throw your wepions out first you will pay for what happened in my town. hans wa thinking as fast as he could

captain i like it hear maybe you should come in he bit back showing some brovardo to the captain

you can stay for one more mintue then im coming in and all of you will die im not in the mood to stand hear negotiating with you

now outside and dont take all day about it

richard barby:

kasandra spoke up with the others to hear i smell fire they mean buisness there going to burn us out if we dont go

nothing left to do then has said lets go i will go first you 3 follow behind me

hans shouted down the cave we are coming point your bows aside. hans turned to the others as they walked its not over this will just be a set back. im still an empire mage and they must respect that as hans stepped in to the light 3 of the townsmen where still dragging dry wood to the fire. the four of them stood souronded the captain and his knights all had drawn swords

out your wepions down there the captain pointed your staff as well wizard they where searched this time the captain was far more efficent with his search there was qite a pile of wepions by the time they had finsihed

the captain looked and said nowonder the town garrision and the dwarfs stodd no chance as he picked up a repeter crossbow he fired a short burst in to a tree. and looked at the 4 prisoners who where now having there hands bound these wepions there can be no way there human made nor i think dwarf made from memory your kind use single shoot crossbows the captain looked at gargath who shruged his shoulders even with them tied behind his back.

the captain went on talking out loud and no elf on speaking terms to humans use croess bows they use regular bows he looked at one of his older knights who tipped his haed forward. that leaves dark elves as he walked towards kasandra and flicked her hair back exposeing her ears

as he did this he smiled thought so your to prittey to be a human soldier. he walked to hans i dont know what your doing with a group like this but you have a lot of explaining to do im taking you to my commanders they are prepairing for war but they will have time to deal with you

hans said your jumping to the wrong conclusion we are dogs of war shes an elf hes a dwarfs and us 2 are human but we fight together the dwarfs attacked her because shes an elf and we defend are own we lost the rest of our men to an attack.

the captain held a hand to stop hans from speaking anymore enough gag and blind them he ordered his men we have a long way to go

the 4 of them where tied to horses and where guieded by knights they rode quickly the townsmen who had followed the kinhgts where sent back to leipzig some having to give up there horses for the captves to ride.

richard barby:

after a days ride the party reached a town hans heard the hoofs clatter on cobblestones it must be a relitivley well off place to have them most had just dirt. hans was disoronted after the ride he was harshly pulled from the horse the others dargged with him they hwere taken in to  a small room and a heavie door was shut behind themand a bolt slid to lock them in.

hans slowley regaining his sences he heard talking outside of the room it was captain and 2 others one of the voices he recognised as the commander of the empire troops who had spoke with them at the site of the dwarf massacer. the 3rd vioce he did not know who that was.

after about 3 hours as they where starting to sleep men burst in to the room grabbing them and pulling them out of the room they where dragged and carried out side. it was cold they had ice cold water thrown over them and heavie handed guards slapped them around very forcefully warriors like ragnar and gargath shruged off the abuse kasandra was smileing under her hood she could show them tourture like they had never seen after a few mintues of it they where taken back inside and led in to  a warm roomthere was a fire burning and there waere several people in the room they 4 of them where pushed in to chairs and had the hands tied to the arms of them and there feet to the legs after his was done they had there blindfolds removed and gaggs taken from the mouths hans spat blood on the floor he had taken quite a beating. the others pretended to look beaten but hans knew they where not really in that bad a condition. hans rolled his keck it was sore he looked around the room there where at least 20 people looking at them sitting behind a table where the people who where running things 4 of them sitting in high backed wooden chairs on the far right was a man in his 40s he had bright red hair and a orange cloak his face was weather beaten and tanned hans recognised him as a fire wizard sitting next to him was a commander of knights he was around 30 he had a grim face hans thinking back remembered him from the meeting sitting with him was the old commander of the army and the final person seated was captain grunth it looked as though him and the ofther knight commander where both reikguards

the commander stood my name is general bedacht but we have met already but thats not inportant

wizard your name please and where you trained

hans sir just hans

born atlorf trained there as well grey collage of magic.

i left my class 3rd out of 45

if you are such a good wizard how come your not severing in the army as is your duty

i was general but the rest of my men died and i ended up with the dogs he turned his head across to his fellow prisoners i had spent 8 years as a battle mage as well my lord

so captain grunth tells me you and your friends hear killed around 20 millita and dwaves can you explain the dwarfs attacked our elf friend it was unprovoked there kin had died and they wanted vengance and targeted her we defended her

why where you there leipzig its an out of the way town.

we where going to meet our paymaster not seen him since we went over the mountain hunting greenskins we where hired by an empire trader to push the greenskins back over to that side of the mountain and give them some hurt in there homes for once we lost 15 other dogs.

the lies seemed to roll of hans tounge easily

back to leipzig why did you run? there is no way would stay the whole garrison would kill us

the bright wizard interupted general dont trust this man he is a grey wizard they are never to be trusted they look in to dark things and dark things look back at them

hans spat back at the other mage you bright wizards need to set fire to things to see whats on the end of your nose

bedacht waved an end to the bickering

the other reikguard officer stood and wispered in to bedacht’s ear the 2 talked in hushed tones for a few seconds

ok but on your head be it bedacht said lound enough for the whole room to heard

major vicors hear has had an idea if your loyal to the empire then you can prove it

how hans said

2 weeks ago a fort that rings the vampier lands was taken all inside it where killed a very powwerfull vampier has set up shop there he is trying to get more vampier to join him and build for him his own empire we are readying the army to retake this fort and kill the vampire. you will go with us but now im not paying you and you will leed the attack in to the fort.

you will go with the major now but i will have more questions for you later

richard barby:

stunned by how easy it had been hans and his fellow cpatives where untied and led to the majors quaters he held half a taven as his room and office he was a busy man the empire army was readying for war and he was charged with getting his regerments ready to move food needed to be bought wepions sharpened boots soled and solders found to fill the ranks

major vickors had turned away from his own gods after being captured by a chaos dwarf in his youth he had been riding a horce with friends they where ambushed his friends killed and his was laying on the ground with a huge boot pushing down on his chest and a chaos dwarf smileing looking down at him his had an axe and was holding it above his head swinging just inches from his face

other choas dwarfs searched his cloths and one found his money and took it another found his badge a knights badge of the reiksguard. it was tossed to the chaos dwarf who held the axe close to his face.

he looked at his companions they were all smiling

he looked back at victors tell me what will you do knight to save your self from a fate worse than death i can take you with me as a prisoner or kill you hear like your friends . but what can you do for me that will convince me to let you go

that was the day vickors sold his sole to the chaos dwarfs he struck a deal provide them with information and help them in there plans. in return he would become a hero to his own people but a hero built on lies.

it started with selling out a envoy of dwarves that were captured by the chaos dwarves. the next day ridding with his company of knight they ran in to a small orc war band that was attacking an isolated village his knights caught them un aware and wipped them out and vicors was an instant hero

it went on like that for years and major vicors became wealthy man and his allies gained the slaves they needed. them after not receving news from them for over 6 months he got news passed through the spie network

Kered:

Brilliant tale, slightly reminds me of a D&D campaign with the fore hero meeting up and heading of on a quest of monuments importance.

richard barby:

major vicors joined hans and the others he shut the door of his office and jestured the 4 to sit at a large table in the room. he sat and joined them.

the network informed me you where coming but you made one hell of a mess getting hear he was looking at hans i assume your in charge of this mess

yes hans said so whats your plan now?

your hear for vampier blood but i have not been told for what you need it and i dont need to know

less you know the better major anyway how are we going to get the blood i assume the vampier isnt giong to open his arm up for us and say help your self.

no but hes got himself stuck in a fort thats to small for his army and none of the vampiers are going to help him

by morning we will be ready to march there are more of us than them it makes a change but they have some very good troops from what we have found out but not enough are riders have already driven him back inside the fort he has a few blood knights and they will be a hand full.

major kasandra interupted the vampier whats your plan to get us close enough to kill him and drain his blood

of coruse he said offering a hand to calm the dark elf

by tomorrow we will be on the way and in 2 days we will be at the fort we are bringing 6 big guns and dosens of smaller ones and with the big guns we will knock a huge hole in the wall

thats crude even for me said ragnar

they will lay traps and defend the breach in thw wall for all there worth there necronancers and blood knights will fight there along with there best reanimated troops. it will be hard fight. so to save our best warriors we are going to send in whats called a forlorn hope 100 men mostly pirsoners clear the traps and try and kill the blood knight tomb guards and necronacers then the rest of the men follow them in

hans having never been in a seige before spoek up saying them we go in after the forlorn hope

gargath spoke next no my lord we are to a point still prisoners arnt we looking at the major we are part of the forlorn hope we go in and clear the traps and fight the blood knights true he said looking right at the major

yes we need somone to leed it and it was the only way i could save your lives. the captain still thinks your trators and he has the ear of the general

thers nothing i can do im sorry but i will try and aid you as best i can

hans sat back in his seat he was going in to the mouth of hell all for his brothers who he had only been able to see for one day

richard barby:

the march to the fort was a violent one hans and his companions where ordered to march in company of criminals 73 men who had murdered raped and stole and had been caught doing it 8 of the men where deserters given one more chance to avoid the noose take the breach in the wall and afterwards regoin or walk away from the army but not be hunted. hans took charge of the company quickly the men looked up to the 3 powerfull warriors and the mage it gave them some hope they would make it through the breach and out alive. they where flanked by 40 guards well armed keeping them from making a run for it. after 3 hours of marching they saw a greater reason to stay with there guards. there was an attack the blood knights rode out from the fort along with the wolves and the fell bats attacked the marching troops a group of archers at the front where ridden down and a some spear men where ripped apart by wolves and bats captain grunth led his knights along the road killing wolves along the way. the fighting was fearce but was little more than a raid by the vampiers army was far to small to beat the empier army in one go more empier troops joined the fight and soon it was turning the way of the empier. hans sat by a tree he had been seperated from ragnar and kasandra but gargath had pushed his way to him they where guarded by 4 men. the rouge mage seened to aways have many sets of eyes on him. the tree was full of apples its branches heavie but not just of fruit the vampier was waiting in the tree and he jumped down in to the middle of the guards he was not armed just with his claw like fingers he slashed with his hands ripping the troats out of the humans like they where made of straw he ducked under a sword strike and ripped the head off the man who did it inseconds there was only 3 of them left alive gargath hans and the vampier gargath stood in between his master and the vampier try me big boy he threw a huge punch at the vampier who cuaght his fist and twisted his arm back and pushed the dwarf in to the tree he reached out with his left hand and picked up hans and lifted him off the ground turn back now you will never have my blood. hans was wriggeling and kicking out trying to get free from the vice like grip soldiers where running from allsides at the vampier he had little time he pushed han up against the trunk of the tree i better not see you again his fangs showing now go home im only not killing you because i dont want war with your masters understand with that as the troops closed on him dropped the mage and disapeared in a flash of smoke