[Archive] Choo choo **This message was automatically appended because it was too short.**

Roark:

Hey guys,

I’ve been out of the loop for a while, having babies and whatnot. I’m seeing a lot of Iron Daemons (or even double Iron Daemons) lists lately, and I’m just wondering whether there’s been some new revelation about their oh-so-awkward rules which has made them more attractive. Search failed me.

I mean, they’re still badly stymied by fast cav etc, right?

Thanks heaps.

Bloodbeard:

Hey guys,

I've been out of the loop for a while, having babies and whatnot. I'm seeing a lot of Iron Daemons (or even double Iron Daemons) lists lately, and I'm just wondering whether there's been some new revelation about their oh-so-awkward rules which has made them more attractive. Search failed me.

I mean, they're still badly stymied by fast cav etc, right?

Thanks heaps.

Roark
No revelation - rules are still bad. But they can do some awesome stuff like:

Just do their 2d6+6 inch march move straight forward and get into combat. They get always strikes last ... but the enemy can't stand and shoot or flee as a reaction. So that's great.

Hellbound it's crazy with t8 and w8. I've rammed that thing into some expensive units - sometimes it wins and grinds through it. Other times it's pure point denial (like 10 mark of nurgle knights, with razor banner and enscorlled weapons) using an entire game trying to bring it down.

It's guns can (with enchanted blades of aiban) take down monstrous cav in a fantastic way.

And it's a freaking cool miniature!

Sure it has problems with fast cav and eagles. But it can just turn and shoot them out of the sky. Biggest problem for it is Searing Doom.

sam585:

Irondemons are likely becoming more popular due to how powerful they are at killing solo characters and monsters which are becoming more prevalent due to the increase of lords and heroes you can take in standard games.

So far my Irondemon has done this:

killed 3 chaos lords in one game.

killed an ogre tyrant and several maneaters

killed lots of ogres

held up an entire army for most the game, bad placement on his part, but the irondemon really cant be shifted by the usual means.

The key to using it is to make sure you have units which can support it well. For example, you would want to put a unit of infernal guard on one flank armed with fireglaives, and another unit of hobgoblins on the other flank so that they can both shoot whatever calv unit is going to put itself infront of it.

Basically as long as the irondemon is not all by itself, it is a lot harder to just get it stuck in a combat that it cant win, it should always have some unit that can support it, either by shooting away chaff, a hobgoblin khan to redirect a unit that would want to charge an irondemon, or a unit of bullcentaurs positioned in such a way that if the irondemon is charged, that they will clear up the mess on your turn.

Roark:

Thanks guys!

This message was automatically appended because it was too short.