[Archive] Chronopia Beast Clan Dwarfs as Chaos Dwarfs or regular Dwarfs?

insan0:

I’ve been slowly amassing a collection of the Beast Clan Dwarves from the old Chronopia game and have been cleaning them up and mounting them all ranked and on square bases. My eventual plan is to make an WHFB army but I am still a little uncertain if I should use them as Dwarfs or Chaos Dwarfs.

Fluff wise I do like the Chaos Dwarfs more but I would be rewriting the fluff of either race somewhat to incorporate the Beast Clans.

I guess the big issue that I have is slaves. While it could be fluffy for some Chronopia Dwarf armies to have slaves, firstborn/humans who could be used as hobgoblins i suppose. In the end I doubt that I would be fielding that many ‘slave’ units.

Is it possible to have a balanced Chaos Dwarf army consisting of very little to no slave units?
Or should I be using the regular Dwarf army book?

For those that do not know the miniatures I am talking about they are at the bottom of this page, http://www.chronopia-deutschland.de/1/artikel/artikel_027.php

Thanks for any insight. I hope I posted in the right section.
-Dave

Da Crusha:

I've been slowly amassing a collection of the Beast Clan Dwarves from the old Chronopia game and have been cleaning them up and mounting them all ranked and on square bases. My eventual plan is to make an WHFB army but I am still a little uncertain if I should use them as Dwarfs or Chaos Dwarfs.

Fluff wise I do like the Chaos Dwarfs more but I would be rewriting the fluff of either race somewhat to incorporate the Beast Clans.

I guess the big issue that I have is slaves. While it could be fluffy for some Chronopia Dwarf armies to have slaves, firstborn/humans who could be used as hobgoblins i suppose. In the end I doubt that I would be fielding that many 'slave' units.

Is it possible to have a balanced Chaos Dwarf army consisting of very little to no slave units?
Or should I be using the regular Dwarf army book?

For those that do not know the miniatures I am talking about they are at the bottom of this page, http://www.chronopia-deutschland.de/1/artikel/artikel_027.php.

Thanks for any insight. I hope I posted in the right section.
-Dave

insan0
use the chaos dwarfs they are the mightiest of all dwarfs:hat!  
seriously though, it is possible to field an army with out any slaves but I feel like we really do need those bolt throwers... and slaves give us more speed and numbers.

my favorite of the chronopia dwarves are the ones with claws, I would like to get a hold of a bunch of those. oh and the link says error.

insan0:

Link should work now.

dncswlf:

I have not fielded any slaves yet…  they just act as screens really, to absorb early attacks, and possibly prevent flank attacks…  you can certainly play without them!

also: WOW, I have some of the chronopia goblins… but I had not seen the dwarves… these guys are great, I love the wolf legion troopers. and especially this firethrower team! ERUPTION GUN!!!

http://www.chronopia-deutschland.de/1/artikel/images/produkt/zwe/50381.gif

thanks for sharing