[Archive] City of Himmelgrau

The_Penguin:

Citizens of Himmelgrau are a happy lot. Once a small trading town, now it is a booming metropolis with markets, plazas and magnificent buildings. Being a City-state allows it to enjoy freedom from any major kingdom around.

The governing body of Himmelgrau is a council of city elders. However, real power belongs to the Cult of the Dead. These priests are both feared and adored at the same time. The cult at first glance may be dark and unwelcoming, but what they actually do is make sure that souls of the dead pass to afterlife and are not lost in the Abyss. A happy lot, indeed.

Would you like to stay in Himmelgrau?

tjub:

Yes I would, that is some seriously sweet looking terrain you have made yourself! Tell us more, what rules etc do you use or plan to use?

Admiral:

You truly are a master of vignettes! Wonderful depth and detail of scenery and people. A hobby dream come true. Please show us more, tell us everything about it. :wink:

The_Penguin:

Thank you!

The odd think that I had no particular game in mind when I was making it. I guess new Mantic Vanguard might do…

Some more pictures will follow and more interesting (hopefully) stories. )

TheHoodedMan:

Very nice picture and wonderful text.

I like the name of the city state, too.

The_Penguin:

Thank you very much! :hat off

Despite its somewhat shabby look the city is bursting with activity and money. Rich would pour into the city believing that the cemeteries in Himmelgrau are sacred and the Cult of the Dead will make sure that their souls will not be corrupted in their journey to afterlife. For a price.

Adventurers would also visit the city frequently. There is no shortage of gold or quests around. Necromancers and other foul creatures are numerous around, so where the Cult can do nothing, hired hand can.

Are you rich enough to stay in Himmelgrau?

Admiral:

Probably not. But it’s one hell of a fine city setting. Great theater for stories to be played out in! Most evocative stuff. Especially with the lit windows.

Uther the unhinged:

Wow, just wow. That is some lovely terrain. As for living there I think the rent would kill me. Awesome work.

Unzul:

Gorgeous… simply amazing!

Zanko:

The city and its inhabitants are very chic and beautifully painted. :hat off Also the setting is really cool so far. I am curious to learn more about Himmelgrau (really an interesting name, especially for a German). Also I would be pleased about further detail pictures! :wink:

:hashut

The_Penguin:

Some general shots of Himmelgrau. I was thinking of continuing my work on more tiles, but desided to postpone it for a while. My next city is going to be a dwarven one! :cheers

See you in a new city! )

Uther the unhinged:

Really nice to see it from the air as it were. So impressive! And a scary amour if work.

Looking forward to the dwarf city too. I have not seen anyone try that before. Good luck.

Admiral:

Fantastic! Brilliant work. And a living Dwarf city next!? Christmas comes early this year. :cheers

boyfights:

Absolutely gorgeous, how inspiring :o Looks like it will make for an interesting battlefield as well!

Jasko:

Some general shots of Himmelgrau. I was thinking of continuing my work on more tiles, but desided to postpone it for a while. My next city is going to be a dwarven one! :cheers

See you in a new city! )

The_Penguin
Fantastic work, this is really great. Cannot wait for your Dwarf project, I'm sure it will be outstanding.