[Archive] Clam (5) vs. Sjoerdo (4) MM90 Paintaton!

clam:

Glad if this paintaton is encouraging others to painted their set. Get cracking, it’s much fun :smiley:

And here’s my belated take on “Cyrus”:

- but also finished the MM90/5c that Sjoerdo kicked this countdown off with:

So I’m down on 19 :slight_smile: - and more on the blog of course: Clamshells and Sea Horses: MM90 Painting Countdown: 21, 20 ... (it has become a trend - lol)

And what’s next, well let us paint Khorne - cause I call this one:

Sjoerdo:

Alrighty, good choice, ill dig my red paint!

Now dont take advantage of the fact that im travelling the coming 2 days!

clam:

I will probably not get round doing him till Thursday/Friday, so no worries :wink: But I am also planning on doing the Assyrian guy while working on this one. Leaving me just a Mage behind, but will have to buy a new one before going there… :-/

Willmark:

Is the idea (as I understand it) to finish a mini in a set time, but it doesn’t matter which one as long as you finish one before the other person?

Also- it looks like going for the Marauder look and feel in terms of the paint schemes? If I do mine I don’t think I can pull of the bright colors.

Lastly, one minis every two days from the sound of it?

Enjoysrandom:

They look great, nice and colourful with that old 80s/90s paint style! Love it! Complimented well with the bases and a great photos to boot!

Sjoerdo:

Is the idea (as I understand it) to finish a mini in a set time, but it doesn't matter which one as long as you finish one before the other person?

Also- it looks like going for the Marauder look and feel in terms of the paint schemes? If I do mine I don't think I can pull of the bright colors.

Lastly, one minis every two days from the sound of it?

Willmark
No, in turn we choose a mini, and by choosing a mini it is directly the kick off for painting it as quickly as possible. First to finish wins that round. Then the next mini gets chosen etc etc

Poison:

let me motivate the both of you a bit more:

I will be offering 100 euros worth of warcolours paint (of his choice, delivered to you for FREE) to the winner!

HPN:

This really spices up the fight!

Anyway, really cool models are coming out from this!!

Sjoerdo:

let me motivate the both of you a bit more:
I will be offering 100 euros worth of warcolours paint (of his choice, delivered to you for FREE) to the winner!

Poison
Wow, that is really generous!!! as if the pressure wasn't high enough already :s

clam:

Prizes? Now that would kill the fun wouldn’t it?

But I’m nearly there, Sjoredo - so I hope you have brought lots more back with you :smiley: :smiley:

Sjoerdo:

But I'm nearly there, Sjoredo - so I hope you have brought lots more back with you :D :D

clam
Oh dear, cranking up the pressure are we mister Carsten Lamebeard ;)

Indeed I did bring back some goodies, 4 more dwarfs (actually 6, but I stupidly bought two I already had duplicates for), loads of shields and bases! And yesterday I went out to buy grass tufts and wood glue!

clam:

Epic reds, Sjoerdo. Love it. Glue, tufts, shields and bases … wonder what they are for?

Lamebeard, is that the name you gave this one? Well, guess it’s better than Khorne-dude :wink:

Sjoerdo:

Lamebeard, is that the name you gave this one? Well, guess it's better than Khorne-dude ;)

clam
I actually dubbed this one Smith (after Will Smith, you know because of the big ears... far fetched you say, yeah guess you're right...)

Admiral:

This race is lovely to watch. Keep it up, lads!

clam:

Guess what …

That 2-2, old buddy

And I’m of for a long family events weekend - first a confirmation then a birthday, so no need to rush. Just take your time :slight_smile:

Sjoerdo:

Darn you…

EvilLittleBuggers: MM90 painting countdown 17

clam:

Ohh yes … �Y~� and it brings the score to level …

Dark, that red dude is nice. Extremely good painting.

Sjoerdo:

Enjoy the weekend mate, i will announce the next candidate tomorrow!

clam:

Take all the time you need :slight_smile: Please :smiley:

Sjoerdo:

Oh no i wont :o

Hope you brought your brushes to the familie weekend!