[Archive] Clam's Coloured Classic Collection (pic heavy) -� various stuff

clam:

You might have seen me talking about this a few places now, so enough talking. Time to start a showcase thread to keep me motivated.

Project for 2009 will be: �?~Paint the bloody classics, Clam!�?T

So what I�?Tm to paint is my nearly complete collection of official released Citadels and Marauder Miniature Chaos Dwarfs �?" flavoured with some non Chaos Dwarfs figs and some non GW-stuff �?" like Twisted Tale�?Ts, Reaper�?Ts etc.

So what am I mainly to paint?

A Whirlwind and a Tenderiser
12 Crossbowmen and a Chaos Dwarf Juggernaut
24 Marauders �?" MM90s
8 Renegades �?" and a few renegade variants
12 C16s
Something like 30 D3s
A Bazooka, Petard and Swivel Gun team
And then a few other GW Chaos Dwarfs/evil Dwarfs and some non-GWs

And to make it a playable 3rd edition Chaos Dwarf army �?" I will have to build a few things as well �?" and I do have plans for more to be added -  but that should be the surprise factor here :smiley: �?" but I might do a blog post with some of the WIPs :wink:

And yes, I know, that these are only 3rd edition’s. My 4th edition stuff will have to wait for now.

So let�?Ts kick this off.

My GH VIII-entry: The Daemonic Ass Cannon and crew

The scenery base

Daemonic Ass Cannon

Crew - Dourgrim and Petard Crew

[align=center]2017 Image Salvage

[/align]

jolpis:

wow thats wonderful, is the deamon a model or a conversion?

the skin looks really great, dooes he fire a cannon ball or?..

Pyro Stick:

Finally :cheers Ive been waiting for this blog for ages!

wow thats wonderful, is the deamon a model or a conversion?
the skin looks really great, dooes he fira a cannon ball or?..

jolpis
Its a very rare unreleased model. He fires cannon balls out of his ass and thats why we call it the ass cannon.

You did an awesome job on the cannon. Im looking forward to seeing a lot more of your work, especailly the marauders and the jugger.

Tarrakk Blackhand:

Love the old figures, the base and the cannon. Excellent painting and landscape details. Can’t wait to see more, including the MM90 models!

tjub:

Must say that before I joind here I didnt think much of the old CD models, but I have to say that Ive changed my mind. Looking forward for this! :slight_smile:

Zanko:

Really enviable this "ass"cannon … one of the few old models which I haven´t seen in the past!!! :frowning:

One day … :o

I questioned me of whom this GH 8 entrance this was!?!?! :wink:

Brillant work: the colour scheme which I really love and also very good technique!

cool diorama - very kind :smiley:

All in all … awesome minis! :hat off

:hashut

Revlid:

The only reason I didn’t vote for this is that I don’t like the model, and was overwhelmed by the other choices - this truly is a fantastic bit of painting. 'Eavy Metal good.

Ghrask Dragh:

Woohooo!
Excellent bit of painting there mate, top of my list every round of voting!! The colour scheme is a winner and the scenery is perfect, slaves on their way!

Looking forward to the blog, it’s about time, can’t stand people who have all these classic models and don’t paint them… :wink:

:cheers

wallacer:

You did a nice job of blending the colours on the cannon :hat off

Ishkur Cinderhat:

One of my favourites, love the toned down colours and the scenic base. :hat off

The fact that you painted the masks not as masks but actual faces gives those dwarfs a vile, scary quality. Cool!

clam:

Thanks guys.

Glad to hear that I did get a few votes in the 2 round :wink:

I’m also pleased with the way the daemon turned out - though, I still saddens me that I didn’t master those pink colours as well.

Because ‘yes’, my plan was to do a pink horror-looking daemon here - but after 3 times stripping and the deadline comming real close - I went for something I knew how to do … ‘greens’ (comming from painting greenskins for years, I guess).

Here is a few scary pictures:

Doing the scenery base was a nice change. Had quite some fun doing it - especially the dead tree and the rocky stone parts. I did plan snow as well - but as you can see I didn’t make it before the deadline. Still thinking about it - and will try out that special Ishkur recipe - and see how it works (for me :~).

The only reason I didn’t vote for this is that I don’t like the model, and was overwhelmed by the other choices - this truly is a fantastic bit of painting. 'Eavy Metal good.

Revlid
That’s our destiny :smiley: You eighter hate or love the Chaos Dwarfs - and among us it’s eihter hats, helms or mask, I guess - but I hope this blog will change your mind.
Must say that before I joind here I didnt think much of the old CD models, but I have to say that Ive changed my mind. Looking forward for this! :slight_smile:

tjub
I started out here as a Big Hat fanatic as well - see where I ended up :wink:

Looking forward to the blog, it’s about time, can’t stand people who have all these classic models and don’t paint them… :wink:

Ghrask Dragh
Nor can I, nor can I my friend :smiley:

Kera foehunter:

did you make the tree clam on your entry ?

clam:

Hmm! - did I make it … ?? :smiley: No I didn’t - it’s a converted tree made from a few branches form the Citadel Wood box set - and then some GS (roots ect.) - so no, can’t take credit for the tree itself :wink:

Xander:

An awesome model! One of the best entries, for sure!

Perfectly executed. :slight_smile:

Obsidian:

Definitly one of my favourite pieces of GH8 and a shame it didn’t get a well deserved medal mate!

I followed your progress on this piece and loved  your dedication to getting it right!  I mean stripping it three times to get to the right scheme, that’s insane!:cheers

You are definitly making yourself better with each paintjob by keep pushing yourself and the love you feel for Chaos Dwarfs surely shows through in your works!

Looking forward to seeing more classic stuff done by you mate!:hat off

T.

clam:

Thx, T - so nice to see you back here - even if it’s just on a small visit. I still hope we’ll see you back here anytime soon :wink: You are really missed :frowning:

And yes, it was a bit uphill to get the colours right as you know - but thanks for bearing with me on the pinks :wink: - and also thanks for all you help and advices during the process - most appreciated :hat off I really learnt a lot from this project.

I’m working on the first five regular troopers right now - the still need there bases and shields - but it shouldn’t be too long before a second update.

Willmark:

Did Hell just freeze over??? Nope an awesome piece of art cam from Clam’s treasure cave! Double Woot.

Damn impressive dude.

tjub:

Time for an update here Clam! :wink:

clam:

You a probably right, tjub

Wish I could have shown you a bit more, but almost a month with chicken pox, has kept me away for my painting desk.

I am sorry, but can only give you this small updata - but it’s still a update right? :wink:

So, I give you: Dunuin Dust-Tooth, Jabbertooth Eyesplinter, Finehorn Deathscream, Ori Pointed-Beard and Growler Beardhead:

Though, they still need snow added to their base (when I find a good-looking method - that is).

I’ve started out the next five - but nothing will happens to them in the the next 8 days - as I am going on holiday - 8 days in Alcúdia (Mallorca, Spain). 100% relaxtion with family and a new IG codex :smiley:

Kera foehunter:

Well i hope you get better by the time you go on holiday !!

your figures look great i like mr pointy beard he cool