[Archive] Clash For The Cure:� Cancer Research Fundraiser/Tourney� � (Indy GT List)

Glimpse the Void:

Hello,

One of the guys in our club has organized an event to raise money for breast cancer research.  It goes down May 21 It happens in Northern Virginia.  last month, the 40k side of this event raised about $3000.

The point level 2,000 and we have not been told about the “special scenarios”.   I have begun to hatch out a list.  I have never played in a tournament, and have never played chaos dwarves, so I really appreciate you guys telling me what you think. Additionally, one unit must be pink, and there are prizes for best painted pink unit and best pink single figure.

Here’s a picture I drew for his t-shirts and posters.

Here’s the list Im thinking about…

2000 Pts Chaos Dwarfs Army: For The Cure…

1 High Priest of Hashut @ 270.0 Pts
General; Magic Level 4; Lore of Shadow; Chaos Armour; Miscast Table
Dispel Scroll [25.0]

1 Daemonsmith @ 142.0 Pts
Chaos Armour; Shield
Amulet of Hashut [65.0]

1 Chaos Dwarf Slavemaster @ 92.0 Pts
Chaos Armour; Shield; Battle Standard

16 Obsidian Guard @ 278.0 Pts
Great Weapon; Chaos Armour; Shield; Standard; Musician
Banner of the Eternal Flame [10.0]

1 Darklon: The Burniator (Darklon) @ [10.0] Pts
Daemon Eyes; Normal Bow; Light Armour; Shield

1 Death Rocket @ 90.0 Pts

3 Crew @ [0.0] Pts
Heavy Armour

1 Earthshaker @ 100.0 Pts

3 Crew @ [0.0] Pts
Heavy Armour

1 Earthshaker @ 100.0 Pts

3 Crew @ [0.0] Pts
Heavy Armour

1 Kollosus Daemon Tower @ 300.0 Pts

10 Chaos Dwarf Annihilators @

Tarrakk Blackhand:

You need a Queen Helga model (Converted to CD) and painted pink for this event.

Spikes:

The chukkas are really good in the “potential” department. I once killed a DE hero with a spear chukka because he was alone, outside of his unit. His 1+ armor save didn’t do squat against the d3 armor-ignoring wounds he received. So it’s 140 (for O&G) or 120 (for CD) points’ worth of little arrows that might hit on 6 and kill on 2+…Totally worth it in my opinion!

Of course, during the first two turns, you may be hitting anything on 5+ and end up having your bolt throwers eaten by skinks, harpies, fast cav units, or simply shot to death.

Don’t mess up your battle lines for them, but do try to aim “crossfire zones” where you can hit the flanks of heavily armoured troops/cavalry on their way to your lines.

Glimpse the Void:

Sounds good, now I have to figure out how to make some on the cheaps. I included them after what some of you guys said, and my fear of aboms, hydras, aracknaroks, and now sphinxes.

nitroglysarine:

You need a Queen Helga model (Converted to CD) and painted pink for this event.

Tarrakk Blackhand
with bunny ears?? :o

cornixt:

Which models are you painting pink?

Tarrakk Blackhand:

Here’s an idea…why not paint a pink line on all your models and then after the event, you could easily paint over the pink line?

Glimpse the Void:

Well, I have some night goblins that I’m using as rabble.  I have begun to paint their black robes pink, and I imagine this will be  a very funny unit.

I have not decided which unit to do for the best painted single fig.  I had began working on an Archeon, bringer of the pink doom my WOC.  I was really pleased with it’s progress, but this was before I fell in love with chaos dwarves.

I need to find a nice character model.  I suppose I should get to conversion, as I am pretty much tapped out of my hobby budget for now. I’m love a donated character if any of you guys were in a position to put a model toward a good cause.

Glimpse the Void:

My Chaos Dwarves had their madien voyage yesterday. I I lost horribly and made huge mistakes. I really enjoyed the game, because I feel like I understand what to do next time and I can see a lot of potential in the possible unit combinations we have access to. I’ll try to write up a battle report when I get a chance. As far as the list goes, I just don’t know if I can get away with running the Kollosus at 2k. Also, I need another Hammer. I’m thinking about Bull Centaur, though someone suggested a 2nd unit of Obsidion guard because they own. I’m also liking the idea of fat block of GW warriors. Perhaps even just HW shield, chaos armor if i’m going to me using mind razor.

Speaking of magic, I am considering stepping down to a lvl 3 or maybe even a 2 so i can have more points to spread around.

The Clash for the Cure is Next month, so I’m really eager to here any insights you guys have about the list or playing chaos dwarves in general. I gotta go, the little man is getting himself in trouble.

Glimpse the Void:

Re tooled the list, I’d lvoe to get some feed back for the weekend. Be advised, I don’t have any bolt throwers, or wolf riders, thow the army is sorely missing both. I expect to see a lot of tomb kings.

And if your curious to see the models, here’s a link to the blog:

http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=9355