[Archive] Clash of the Titans Remake!

Willmark:

Awesome, can't wait to see this.

Grimstonefire:

I was watching this trailer the other day.

This looks a lot better than the original, but that one had a lot of charm (like the mechanical owl). The scorpion looks ace there, in the old one there were about 4 that were chest high.

The Brain:

This is just more evidence that Hollywood running short of original ideas. Clash of the Titans is a classic and should never be redone. Personally I will not see this movie. Just like the Star Trek remake. Come up with a new idea instead of twisting an old one with bad acting and over the top special effects.

Theory_Man:

Interesting find Willmark. I might watch it when it comes out on DvD. I agree with Grimstonefire in that the original one had alot of charm. I don’t really get why they are remaking it; plenty of other story arcs in the Greek myth setting that aren’t movies yet (or just make one up).

Baggronor:

Looks very pretty, will probably see it for that reason alone. As mentioned above though, it is depressing that Hollywood always, always, always goes after ‘safe bets’ until the viewers get tired of it, then they drag out some other tiresome method of guaranteed returns.

plenty of other story arcs in the Greek myth setting that aren’t movies yet
Or any other part of world history, sooo many stories they could try.

Zanko:

I like the original movie but imo the trailer looks also awesome. :cheers

So why not watching the film?!

Imo it will be great “popcorn kino” and this is what I expect after a long hard week of working! :wink:

:hashut

BilboBaggins:

Look cool but I’ll wait for the release before giving a definate to if I’ll see it.

Now Brain, the Star Trek movie wasn’t a remake but a retelling (alternate version) of the story before the time of the tv series. JJ Abrams did a very good job on it.

Ishkur Cinderhat:

OMG is that Liam Neeson as Zeus? Pls say it isn’t so… this guy just doesn’t fit the self-centered, often malevolent and omnipotent seducer of all women…

Border Reiver:

Says who?

This message was automatically appended because it was too short.

Swissdictator:

I’d really like to see a well done movie about Ragnarock, and not a film of one of the cursed operas either. My sense of hearing is sensitive enough makes high pitched singing or noise painful… I kid you not.

It’d be quite the epic movie I think.

plenty of other story arcs in the Greek myth setting that aren’t movies yet
Or any other part of world history, sooo many stories they could try.

Baggronor
The only problem is that the writers/producers/execs would then be required to read a damn book. Regardless of country, I think most of “educated” society has a pretty poor understanding of history… including mythology. Granted, it depends how you define educated.

Of course we could do what the classical civilizations did and have actual deaths on (stage/screen) just call in some really bad actors for the death scene. It’d be one good way to get rid of Steven Segal! (Joking, though he is a horrible actor and the sign of a terrible movie).

I have never seen the original. When was it made?

Ishkur Cinderhat:

Says who?

Border Reiver
Come on, Qui-Gon Jin wasn't badass. And this dude died in the first five minutes of "Gangs of New York" ;)