[Archive] CMON painting download. Worth it?

Grimstonefire:

Anyone got this?

http://www.coolminiornot.com/store/product.php?xProd=2331

Xander:

I wonder how much they have on sculpting. 400 pages seems like a lot. I suppose it is a PDF?

minty:

WOW!!! thats one big document

better start scailing mount CMON

torn:

i was tempted to get it, but you never know how much stuff is just filler with these things.

if it was a printed book for about £15 id probably buy it, as a pdf im not quite sure how helpful it would be to me.

dedwrekka:

A lot of it is from the articles available on the website for free (Some of the bits featured on the cover are directly from those), but the rest is from some of the absolute most amazing guys in the model making/painting/sculpting hobby.

it’s only $9.95 so it doesn’t seem too steep a price (certainly cheaper than a GW blister).

Kera foehunter:

Get it i seen it. 400 pages of cool painting green stuff and more .well maybe not all you guys that are prefict. heck how many of you guys paid 9.00 for a single figure??

torn:

im just feeling a bit burned at the minute after ordering a sculpting booklet and found it to be about as useful as the free info.

i am very curious to see what they have in the CMON guide, especially in the way of sculping (although im sure i will put to good use the painting tips too) because i know they will have some top names writing some of the articles. the only thing with a pdf is i cant access it as freely whilst sculpting despite having laptop. no room on the desk! if i had a printer i could print individual pages as i wanted them, but i dont so thats a no go to lol.

Kera foehunter:

Well the book is mostly painting and it gives tips on how to do them  . It shows basic pining figures and  painting wood ,metal etc. They show painting where theres a light source on the figure.They have a section on photos. They show how to take pictures and photo shop. They have made figures out of green stuff.They show how  to make them. They give you basic green stuff tools. For a beginner its great!!

Obsidian:

I was tempted go get it but am affraid that it will just be stuff I already know.

Also it would be on my PC while I’d rather have it by (book form) hand while trying the things explained.

torn:

has anyone got the GW painting book? i was tempted to try it, but i was thinking it would probably just be full of begginer techniques and not really have anything in that i want.

Obsidian:

Your asumption is quite right!

It is for beginners and even then I doubt it is of much use. I’m more a believer of learning through doing then by reading. Of course that one does not always go! :wink:

Balseraph:

Anyone got this?

http://www.coolminiornot.com/store/product.php?xProd=2331

Grimstonefire
I have this one & "How To Paint Citadel Miniatures"
I may send u this if u want. it is pdf.

How To Paint Citadel Miniatures.pdf -31,3 MB

The Ultimate Miniature Painting Guide.pdf -20,3 MB

minty:

grim, you should do a book, your better than most of the tings in that download

then you can rake in the dough;)