[Archive] colour scheme for 4th ed cd's

gIL^:

what colour do you think? im leaning towards black and purple

how about units with different colours, 3 units, purple and black, blue and black, red and black

what you think?

Khaosbeardling:

I’m almost leaning towards purple/black now. HB has inspired me and I might repaint all the red in my army to purple, I’m gonna test it out though. But that’s my two cents.

Kera foehunter:

Why not purple and Blue!!!

Pyro Stick:

Dont do black and black. The just wouldnt work. They would look like big blobs of black…

If you can get purple and black to work then go for it. I might paint one model in those colors to try it out.

Ishkur Cinderhat:

I really wouldn’t do units with different colours. Maybe have them with a different emblem or something but keep the colours the same throughout the army. The classic CD colours are red, black, yellow and white. I can well imagine a purple and black scheme, but the purple should probably not be too dark.

Pyro Stick:

I really wouldn't do units with different colours. Maybe have them with a different emblem or something but keep the colours the same throughout the army. The classic CD colours are red, black, yellow and white. I can well imagine a purple and black scheme, but the purple should probably not be too dark.

Ishkur Cinderhat
After this thread i decided to try out a purple colour scheme on a blunderbuss so i will post pics of it later tonight. I only have the blunderbuss left to do. Im not sure if its too purple or too bright etc but its still turned out quite cool.

Canix:

I like subtle slight changes for minor items of the colour scheme .Purple suits Chaos dwarfs especially with red and black:hat

I have a very dark red scheme but purple reoccurs throughout on minor items and will be picked up on socerer and lammassu:D

Knight Of Awsome:

I don’t know, purple, red and black

Kera foehunter:

here one grey and red now thats perfect

Hashut’s Blessing:

I think that if you want to go for it, then use the black as the armour or hats and the colours as rims and cloth. It will just look better as an army to have the larger areas be the same colour. (Khaos: Wow! Thanks. High praise. Wasn’t expected. Feels a bit weird and almost guilty that you might change your whole colour scheme. All that watsed time…)

Uzkul Werit:

I use grey and purple. They look evil, without rehashing the overused red.

rabotak:

I use brazen brass, red gore and black…they look quite good

Willmark:

For what I’m planning with me blundies I might have a bit of black in them; they are still a ways off in my army plans thou…

Kera foehunter:

Why not use pinks i heard its the new purple!!

Its all the rage with the dark elves!!!

Malificant:

im using orange armor w/ grey cloth.

WarplockMonkey:

Do the good ol’ terracotta and brass! With bleached bone or khaki cloth

Ronshank:

deep greens always a good colour for Chaos

wallacer:

Metallic colours.

Chaos stunties dig metal (no pun intended).

Ishkur Cinderhat:

Aye, I’d love to see a whole army painted like wallacer’s avatar. However I know wallacer would never do it, so go for it, gIL^! :wink:

wallacer:

I think I just got served :stuck_out_tongue: