[Archive] Command in Sticka units

Mr Saturday:

I’m currently embarking on the onerous task of gathering old school hobgoblins. I’m planning on having two units of twenty stickas as an annoyance, a little extra firepower and to fatten my deployment. I’m unsure about command. A musician seems a good idea to allow fleeing units +1 leadership and swift reform. The champion adds a precious +1 leadership too. Also, the standard might come in handy for the blood & glory scenario. all this might allow a sticka unit to form into a not terrible combat unit if needs be. Do people generally field full command in sticka units?

Tarrakk Blackhand:

I’ve never heard of the Sticka unit…but having a command crew in Hobgoblins can be usefull. If you have the coin for it, I would suggest fielding a few games with CC and a few without.

I have a Sneaky Git unit of 20 that doesn’t have command crew. They are basically a “Shreader” unit, slicing down opponients. Without armor though, they have become “Meat Shields” from time to time. I often wonder that if I was to make some (3 models) that I might have a better chance of having the unit win combat results better.

Champion isn’t a +1 Leadership…he’s +1 attack. That being said, the extra attack can be helpful!

cornixt:

I think that “sticka” refers to bows and arrows. I always got confused because spears were also sticks.

Mr Saturday:

Apologies, that might have been a bit vague. I mean Hobgoblin stikkas from the Indy GT list. Yes indeed about the champion, I had the impression only he could take daemon eyes, but it’s the whole unit. Still getting to grips with this new army…

Tarrakk Blackhand:

Well, I don’t know what the GT Indy list is, so you do have an advantage over me. I’m still playing with the RH list (Erratta and new O&G inclusions and all).

Mr Saturday:

It’s the other main list: http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=6155

I haven’t really looked at the RH list, I must have a gander…