[Archive] Community Awards 2018 - Nominations

Admiral:

Howdy folks!

Another year in the pages of history so time for another Community Awards, in this case 2018. Time to show our appreciation of fellow Chaos Dwarfs Online members with awards as nominated and eventually voted on by the community as a whole.

With 5 categories that means that there are only 5 medals awarded each year; special pixel bling never to be awarded again - as such these medals are held in high regard and it’s an honor to receive a nomination. :wink:

Now is the time to get your nominations in. REMEMBER: As in years past, this is only for achievements in the year 2018. Anything that has been achieved in years past other than 2018 is not counted for nominations. So keep this in mind when nominating your fellow hobbyists.

Now its time for you guys to do a bit of homework: Scour the website and sub sections, check the blogs, look at the dates and look back in your memories and tell us who you thing fits best each category.

The categories for 2018 are unchanged from previous years and are as follows:

Best Attitude - A member should be nominated on their forum presence and behavior toward other members, displaying exemplary attitudes of kindness and encouragement.

Best General - This member is always ready to give advice on army lists, has very good lists of his own, and perhaps has won a tournament or two using his Chaos Dwarf army.

Best Hobbyist -A nominee for this award has contributed an amazing model, or models that exemplifies what a Chaos Dwarf army should look like: flawless execution of conversion and painting while adhering to the Chaos Dwarf mythos.

Best Contributor - This award will go the member that has contributed most to the cause of the Chaos Dwarfs. He or she has done or made something that has profoundly benefited the presence of Chaos Dwarfs as a whole!

Best Overall Member - This member may not be the best hobbyist, might not ever win a tournament, but he or she has a great presence on the site, the forum, the wiki, the chat and whatever else! They are dedicated to the cause of the Chaos Dwarfs!

What to nominate for?

The staff encourage you to supply the reason for your nominations. As these nice words will not be left only for the Staff, but your reasons might be posted as anonymous quotes in the upcoming voting threads. If for some reason you can’t think of who to nominate in a specific category, please do some research. If you don’t know who the best general should be for example, take a look at the Gaming section of the forum - some members shine through with their tactical knowledge and advice. Who’s been posting battle reports, tactic and helping others with army lists? These should help you come up with a nominee.

Portfolio Post

Given the nature of the awards, members are welcome to make a “2018 summary post’” in the thread. Highlighting the best blog projects, count their number of games played, link their battle report section etc. It will not be counting as unsportsmanlike or against the rules.

How to Nominate

PM your nominations to Staff (a special user that all Staff have access to). Please don’t nominate Admiral this round[/u], as he won’t be standing in the race for awards due to 2018 being a light year for him as concern Chaos Dwarfs, run pretty much on copy-paste autopilot.

NOTE: You can only nominate [/u] person [/u] category. If you can’t decide which one, flip a coin! You can nominate the same person for different categories.

Nominations should include this:

Award Name

Member Name

Optional: The contribution that should be recognized and why they should be recognized.

As in the past, the nominations will be tallied and ranked. The top 3 members for each category will then be sent a pm asking them to accept or reject their nomination. If they accept they will then become an official nominee.

If a member rejects the nomination it will be offered to the person with the 4th highest votes, and so on. This may mean if a lot of people reject nominations, or there are not enough people nominated in a category there may only be 1 or 2 people to vote for (or potentially none).

If a person does not reply to the pm we will work on the assumption that they want it and it will automatically be accepted on the behalf of the Staff.

We will not tell people how many other nominees there are, nor will we reveal who the nominees are prior to the next posts that announces the official voting.

The final nominees’ names will then be prepared in separate polls for all to vote in March. After this there will be a 2 week public poll to decide the winners.

Deadlines:

The deadline for sending in nominations is [/b]. This give several weeks to get nominations in and prepare the polls.

[/b]

Note, any members with warnings outstanding will not be given the opportunity to accept a nomination. We will not discuss any of this with the community at large as this is only pertinent to the Staff and the member(s) in question.

The Staff [/b] be nominated, [/b], they must not be nominated for their staff-related duties. For example, Willmark could be nominated for his work on organizing community awards, but not for being excellent at moderating the forums (sticking threads, being sheriff etc.). This way we are all on fair ground. We are dealing with what we offer the forum as members, not as staffers.

If you have any questions, ask Admiral, he’ll take it to the Staff section if we can’t answer right away!

Think about it all, find your nominees and send them in.

Great thanks to Carcearion for providing us the medals!

The Staff

Also on CDO: Golden Hat XXXII

Admiral:

A kindly bump. And please don’t nominate me for 2018, see above. :wink:

TheHoodedMan:

A kindly bump. And please don't nominate me for 2018, see above. ;)

Admiral
Who else :)?
Just joking. I wasn`t really often on the forum in 2018 but I`ll have a look through the subsections.

Admiral:

Cheers! :slight_smile:

Date changed to 5th of April. Note to self: Not run parallell with contests, but serial. Otherwise one thing gets in the way of another.

Admiral:

Bump!

Let’s get this rolling, folks. Nominate away, please (but don’t nominate me this time - see above). Think back to the best of 2018 and those who contributed particularly much. :slight_smile:

Cheers

tjub:

My nominations are sent! :slight_smile:

I respect your decision but I do not agree, you have done a ton of work and kept CDO afloat over the last years.

Admiral:

Haha, thanks, but I did it mostly on copy-paste autopilot last year! The real efforts went into Admiralty Miniatures and T9A. So for 2018 of any year is suitable to step back and let our (new) members have a shot at well-deserved glory. :smiley:

Cheers

Admiral:

Bump

This message was automatically appended because it was too short.

Admiral:

Second to last day to get nominations in, and share a 2018 hobby work post if you wish to compile one. :slight_smile: