[Archive] Compilation

Geist:

I think we need some one to compile all these ideas we keep creating for all the LoA units and submit it as the new CD book.  Countless ideas that would make our book so much better and more akin to a balanced point cost list like all the other 8th ed books.  So who would like to go through and jot down all these changes and submit it as a massive over all to FW and see if they would like to amend the books?  More color in play means more models wanted which in turn means more money for FW.

Bloodbeard:

There are many rule ideas, discussion for balance and so forth. I like it, let people use whatever they want. But I for one don’t like most of them, don’t think the are nessecary or adding needed stuff to the list. I haven’t commented on the steamthing upgrade for the skullcracker/iron demon. Fine to add more house rules - but it’s my opinion that any additions to those machines would make the to over powered, versalite and broken.

So making a “this is what we want - best regards CDO” mail to FW is hard for me to get behind.

I’m sure it’s been discussed before, but I’m up for a thread/discussion with the theme (and following your “lets contact FW” idea) with what should be updated for LoA. Taking into account the current FAQ. Before adding anythin new.

Things I think should be changed include:

Chalice is fine in FAQed cheaty version, but should cost 55 so only a lord can take it.

Magma Cannon should be more expensive - by 10 or 20 points.

CDs should have either the new dwarf special rules, be a bit cheaper or have cheaper weapon upgrades.

Sorcerer-Prophet should be cheaper, perhaps by loosing his “random magic weapon”.

ID rules should be cleaner, clearer and not so “how I view it”. Streamlined a bit with the steam tank perhaps.

All those things should be discussed, re-written etc. and given over to FW before any new aditions are made.

Edit: my two cents! Shouldn’t stop anybody from compiling rules and sending them to FW! Just not as a from all at CDO to you. But as a Lots of players to FW.

Admiral:

We should definitely compile some sort of general’s compendium of CDO’s house-rules in the future, just like there will eventually be a big compilation of all CD culture stuff from the background section. I imagine such a compendium would be for flavour only, for people who like to spice their games with oddities out of the ordinary. I’d not be in any haste about it, though.

If anyone wants to contact FW about rules suggestions it can’t be me, because I’m lousy with rules and can’t tell good fram bad.

Geist:

It is not a matter of making the balanced over balanced its a matter of taking the rules we have which are lets admit it for the most part written poorly, and clearing them up.

I want no changes that would make anything over powered, just make things more equal to the cost or balanced to the rules. That is all I am asking for a way to take what we have improve it and make it better via submitting a e-mail to FW. My original post just explained why FW would be interested is all.

cornixt:

We can certainly do that, but it looks like waiting for 9th edition would be better so we can add in any changes from whatever happens in that. If it is as big a shake-up as the rumours say then it would be wasted effort to do much more than the layout right now.

Geist:

Maybe so but wouldn’t it be better to have a list of ideas to improve upon at the ready just in case?

cornixt:

Sure, do you want to compile it?

Geist:

Every last rules change or suggestion the community has come up with in regards to LoA that has meet with the community’s over all approval.

Admiral made a few items that would be nice to include.

I helped make better rules for ironsworn.

Several of us worked on the irondemon/skullcracker and that model unit needs all the help it can get from how its presented in the book.

A while back there where changes made to bullrenders via suggestion.

Same process with fireborn.

All those old changes that were overall accepted should be written down complied and made into a file that cant be lost, and then a copy of our balanced fair in line suggestions (nothing over the top) sent off to FW. With a statement that explains this is for ideas and suggestions from the community at large for a new book or if they decided to refine the existing book.

Lepcon85:

I have really been interested in seeing what comes for us in 9th. I feel as thought we will end up being squatted again and personally I really can not stand by and let this happen. I have been scouring our forum as well as anywhere else on the interwebs and cataloging everything I can find that might be something that could be on an R&D Drawing board to possibly rework/update the Dawi Legion to the current states and bring them back in to the era of the aftermath.

I have also been building an idea tree of what has been left standing and what has been decimated as in the current Army choices. this might possibly bring in some new fluff as for slave options as well as possibly reworking some of the warmachines and maybe add some new options for some as well as troop choices (new lords,Heroes,Core, etc) Possibly even adding our own Hashut Based Demon lord choice( if Viable)

also looking into the new magic Lores and possible new spells following the release of 9th edition. Looking at reworking some of the magic items as well as the Hashut Spells to boot.

This project has already began with compiling the data. the biggest part of this rendition will likely occur after the release of the new edition. I have gained so much from this community that I feel that this will be my way of returning the contribution.  As the project nears completion, I will make a new topic post in this forum when we start nearing time to make theory in to reality

Cheers