[Archive] Confused about rumored army book?

Grimstonefire:

The key thing will be a decent number of core.

I suspect somehow that they will keep the Infernal guard as the only CD core choice. Hobgoblins as well.

So people could play a CD only list, but it would be extremely restricted (but no more so than Ravening Hordes).

KingFisher:

The key thing will be a decent number of core.

I suspect somehow that they will keep the Infernal guard as the only CD core choice.  Hobgoblins as well.

So people could play a CD only list, but it would be extremely restricted (but no more so than Ravening Hordes).

Grimstonefire
If FW makes infernal Guard the only core choice they will have to be highly configurable.
With blunderbuss, HW/S HW/AHW and GW options all open.

Bull Centuars as MI plus the "kadai" fire golems means we will have plenty of hard hitters.
So the list will be much stronger in that way.

Grimstonefire:

Looking at the Infernal guard models I think they already have all bases covered.

It seems outright heresy in GW to make dwarf units other than slayers have an additional hand weapon.  Even ones in chaos armour…

So HW+S is already covered.  They look to have made a great weapon blunderbuss as well, presumably combining the rules or allowing for it as an upgrade (with the same models for both).  I don’t expect to see any more options for them.

Not that it matters to me anyway as I’m not planning to buy them.

The other option of course is that they leave a slot open for Chaos Dwarf Warriors and the GW Studio make them.  Seeing as they seem so reluctant for FW to make them.  In the mean time FW would rely on people buying the infernal guard to use as warriors.

I would say there is a real chance this would be possible.

Edit.

Last rumours suggest BC will be on cavalry bases.

aka_mythos:

Thats kinda my thought as well… even ignoring the really big models… just to have what’s been “rumored” would mean a near complete "list."

Time of Madness’ thread says its a "full list… " with these units mentioned:

InfernalGuard

CD Blunderbusses

Hobgoblins

Bull Centaurs

Great Taurus

Special Character Great Taurus

Kadai… “flame filled suits of animated armour”

Rocket Launcher

Even if that’s all that will appear (which I’m doubtful), to FW they might consider it a “complete list,” since it has options in each the category. To put that in perspective, the original Elysian Guard for Imperial Guard, 40k, was intended as a largely stand alone army list, it had 2 HQ choices, an elite choice, 1 Troop choice, 2 fast attack choices, 1 Heavy support choice… ie not much. Now over time FW added to that, but it goes to show FW’s idea of a “complete list” is only one thats playable and not neccessarily balanced.

I’m doubtful that Blunderbusses and Infernal Guard will be the same base model, but the prospect of Infernal Guard and CD warriors being base on one model seems reasonable.

Hashut’s Blessing:

Thommy H has said better what I was aiming for. That’s my impression of how it would be used.

Having said that, it could be that there are Infernal Guard, Hell Arquebusiers and Immortal-esque Obsidian Guard or something. HW&S or GWs, BBs (the blade being a cool bayonet-style hand weapon, showing how they’re great for stand & shoot) and a Longbeard style upgrade to the troops.

Spikes:

Are those infernal guard models 20mm or 25mm bases? If they’re 25mm and the Tamurkhan book is what’s as close to “official” as we can get, I may have some massive rebasing to do!

Willmark:

Confused about the state of Chaos Dwarfs? Get in line its been forming since the 90’s.

furrie:

Are those infernal guard models 20mm or 25mm bases? If they're 25mm and the Tamurkhan book is what's as close to "official" as we can get, I may have some massive rebasing to do!

Spikes
The rules state that you need to use the base that came with the model, so either way no rebasing is required.

Spikes:

I mean I would use my 20mm converted chaos dwarfs to play that list.

aka_mythos:

He means if you’re using that list and you want to use a converted unit to represent a unit from the new rules, your bases must match the bases of those new models. The most you could insist beyond that is if you’re using any of the older GW miniatures you can technically field those models with their bases, but even then you’re on shakey ground if your using them to represent something new.

Spikes:

He means if you're using that list and you want to use a converted unit to represent a unit from the new rules, your bases must match the bases of those new models. The most you could insist beyond that is if you're using any of the older GW miniatures you can technically field those models with their bases, but even then you're on shakey ground if your using them to represent something new.

aka_mythos
Hence why I ask the question: which base size are they?

Thommy H:

I would bet very good money that they’re 20mm. Even Forgeworld wouldn’t be so perverse as to base Dwarfs on 25mm.

Sanguinarian:

I would bet very good money that they're 20mm. Even Forgeworld wouldn't be so perverse as to base Dwarfs on 25mm.

Thommy H
I'm with you on that one, there's really no reason for a dwarf to be on more than a 20mm base. Even the chunkier dwarf models have always been on 20mm.

furrie:

I just remeber, the hellsmith I’ve laying around is also on a 20 mm. So it would be quit strange to make the cores 25 while the hero is 20

Spikes:

Excellent. Thanks for confirming the hellsmith. That is indeed good news!

Grimstonefire:

Forgot to mention that the latest rumours on warseer were that the battlewagon thing with blunderbussers on is currently being worked on.

3 ranks. Not sure how many that is yet, but a minimum of 15 obviously.