[Archive] Converting a Taur'ruk

eudaimon:

I have just bought a load of FW bull centaurs. Wow, those models are absolutely stunning in the flesh, probably some of favourite ever models.

Just one problem, I want to convert 2 taur’ruks from them. But how to go about it?

Anyone any ideas?

Grimbold Blackhammer:

I’m working on it as we speak. My bits should arrive from Mr Ebay shortly!

Grimbold Blackhammer

Abecedar:

Can’t help with this one sorry to say. All mine are going to be old 4th ed’s

Skink:

Focus on the fact that a hero should be imposing or at least stand out from regular troops (can Bull Centaurs be called “regular troops”?). A couple of things that hit my mind on the fly are: moustache. Easy to green stuff. Pimp the beard with more coils and add spikes. DEFINITELY add a right shoulder pad and maybe cover the whole chest in armor. You can convert him with one hand pointing/taunting and the other one holding a HUGE axe (The Shaggot’s or Doombull’s is perfect for this matter. Basically the bigger the merrier:)). Than enlarge his horns. And according to the fluff a Bull Centaur’s skin becomes similar to metal with age, so maybe you can sculpt some cracks on his hindquarters through which molten iron glows!

Glimpse the Void:

I think if you can reposition the legs enough to look like he is rearing up or standing on something it would look good. I gave one of them a broken horn, and i think it looks boss.  I’m askign myself the same questions currently…

Baggronor:

Depends on your hobbying abilities - some possibilities:

As already mentioned, rearing up or even just standing on a rock would be a good way to distinguish a Tau’ruk. Or have him trampling some puny fool :slight_smile:

A really easy one: give him a white beard, implying great age. Maybe he is a veteran of hundreds of battles!

Paint his bull hind quarters darker/redder?

Use Minotaur/Ogre parts to build him a monstrous axe/hammer.

Better armour. Even though adding a breastplate etc is tricky if you aren’t big on sculpting, you could always give him a massive shield made from plastic bits (maybe 40k bitz could yield some useful parts?). Or even something as simple as giving him more gold on his armour, or sections of fur trim on his gear (easy to sculpt). Maybe even a big gutplate like Ogres have?

A helm? Maybe check some bitz sites or alternative ranges for suitable heads?

Perhaps a different head (Shaggoth/Doombull maybe)? Enlarged horns?

Flaming hooves?

The Rune of Hashut could have appeared on his flesh, marking him out for greatness? Check the wiki section or search other threads for the Rune if you don’t know what it looks like.

Kera foehunter:

Go to the Bull centaur gallery here and get an idea.

I work green stuff .But if you have ogre there about the same scale

i also took parts from the new plastic black orcs from gw they have some cool axes

eudaimon:

So I did it, its in my army thread:

http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=10571&pid=212067#pid212067