[Archive] Converting CWarriors into CDs?

CheTralfara:

Can anyone please direct me to a link or pictures of Chaos Dwarfs made from converting Chaos Warriors?

I am planning on doing this with a box of Chaos Warriors, some halberd head bitz and some round VC and Marauder shields I purchased.

I’m going to make them into my Chaos Dwarf Immortals… (complete with Iron Scales on top of their beards)

I’d like to see some examples of how people shortened a chaos warrior body and then converted it into a stunted little chaos dwarf warrior…

I’ve seen only 1 example, it was made by Hammerhand, and it was INSPIRING!

Here is the pic he’s shown us, that he made. I would like to see some more examples like this… Do they exist on this forum anywhere???

I can’t wait to make some of my own… I am planning on using the special helmets/masks that I ordered from maxmini (these ones)… but it’s been over 2 weeks and they still have not arrived yet!!!

So does anyone know where I can see some more examples of a CW turned to CD?

.nick

Kera foehunter:

well here one that swiss did with older chaos warriors che

https://discourse.chaos-dwarfs.com/t/9979

dedwrekka:

grisnik:

That is a really interesting idea on how to do CDs… mighty interesting indeed… if you get some done would love to see them… or if there is a tutorial on how to do them that would be good as well…

Cheers

GRNDL:

They look good. I think the width of the shoulders is a little large, but the idea is sound, IMO.

Tarrakk Blackhand:

I have a CW cape and 1 arm blowing a horn. The CW cape has to be cut down and I’m not sure I’m up for doing it as it’s such a cool sculpt.

I think you’d either have to cut CW stuff down and combine it with Cd stuff.

Swissdictator:

Wow the one from the modern CW looks great! I may have to try it out.

That might be a great look for Blunderbuss!

Kera foehunter:

that does look cool but will he fit a 20 mm stand

Hazkar:

hmm,doesnt look bad

maybe i will try it,too

dedwrekka:

They look good. I think the width of the shoulders is a little large, but the idea is sound, IMO.

GRNDL
The top one (my Rykath conversion that I actually entered into the GH) was an attempt at the old way of doing CD conversions (Multi part dwarfs plus multi-part chaos warriors). It was a bit of converting nostalgia.

The shoulders on both are fairly large, but I like it better than the "Giant person in giant armor" look. The armor is meant to look like it's worn, not grafted on. So it looks large on the model.
Wow the one from the modern CW looks great! I may have to try it out.

That might be a great look for Blunderbuss!

Swissdictator
It's the top half of a Chaos Warrior, and the bottom half of a dwarf. If I didn't have the two around already, it would have been a lot more expensive than it was.
that does look cool  but will he fit a 20 mm stand

Kera foehunter
About as well as a tap-dancing skaven clanrat, by which I mean it requires a bit of positioning on the base to rank up well with the weapon and shoulders like that. I ended up cheating and having a few of them on broken ground, with varying elevations so the weapons wouldn't overlap.

CheTralfara:

I’m more referring to using almost the entire Chaos Warrior body and bitz to create a chaos dwarf size warrior, by cutting most of the bottom half of the body off… then covering most of the torso/clothes weirdness with a scalemail skirt. then just using the same boots from the chaos warrior… obviously cutting the bottom of the cape off too (and reforming it up with GS)…

What i just described is pretty much exactly what you see in the very first picture made by Hammerhand… I’m really really intrested in how that was done, and I’m dieing to give it a try for myself… Though I think hammerhand’s version is a little too tall, so I will make sure mine is a little bit shorter (I beleive it’s the boots that he left too tall, in proportion to most dwarf models). Regardless his model looks so fantastic.

.nick

tjub:

Sounds intresting, give it a try and show us! :slight_smile:

Kera foehunter:

cool thanks!! might have to give it a try

two_heads_talking:

I'm more referring to using almost the entire Chaos Warrior body and bitz to create a chaos dwarf size warrior, by cutting most of the bottom half of the body off... then covering most of the torso/clothes weirdness with a scalemail skirt. then just using the same boots from the chaos warrior... obviously cutting the bottom of the cape off too (and reforming it up with GS)...

What i just described is pretty much exactly what you see in the very first picture made by Hammerhand... I'm really really intrested in how that was done, and I'm dieing to give it a try for myself... Though I think hammerhand's version is a little too tall, so I will make sure mine is a little bit shorter (I beleive it's the boots that he left too tall, in proportion to most dwarf models). Regardless his model looks so fantastic.

.nick

CheTralfara
It looks like you've got a h andle on an idea. Now put that idea to application, take some pictures (WIP) and report back with your findings.