[Archive] Converting Goblins

ross_lionheart:

I’m intrested in converting hobgoblins and Im going to buy the goblin regiment box-set. Does anyone have any idea if the goblin box-set allows the goblins to be armed with hand weapons and shields. I’ve had a look at the spures and It looks as if its only possible to arm them with bows or spears and shields…

http://uk.games-workshop.com/orcsandgoblins/miniature-gallery/9/

metro_gnome:

the old night gobbos are better fo this are better… and no neither allows a HW/shields option…

chop the heads off the apears and glue them to the arms… hobgobliny knife…

cornixt:

I filed down the bows into curved swords. Worked really well. My article is on Da Warpath website.

Hobgoblyn:

I create my Hobgoblins out of goblin heads and shields and Brettonian bodies. But well, the method isn’t for everyone and requires you to order lots of bits. Although my method is on here, I am a rather crappy painter so it just… doesnt’ convey well. It also, as it has been fairly pointed out, creates Hobgobala Khan style footmen and archers to go with your Oglah Khan style wolfboyz rather than the more primitive tribe of Hobgoblins used by 5th edition Chaos Dwarves.

To make them out of just Goblins is terribly problematic. You may as well be trying to create human models out of halflings. You need a human sized body and the only way you can get those is from Bret or Empire footmen (Brets can be painted up to look to have Chinese-derived style clothing that everyone wore in the East while Empire footmen give you more of a western look).

metro_gnome:

oh i dont know… a green stuff middle…

that creates the appropriate pot belly and allows for exagerated bad posture…

also gives you the nominal hieght increase required from a 6th ed gobbo…

ross_lionheart:

:0 Now dont laugh, for hobgoblin warriors Im going to use Skaven Clanrats bodies without the tails and heads and use goblin heads instead?? :0

and for Sneaky Gits, the bodies of Plauge monks without the tails and goblin heads…The unit champion or hero will have the following head…

http://uk.games-workshop.com/storefront/newimage.asp?Size=B&Img=215208

Monty:

Sounds good to me - consider the Sneaky Gits idea stolen :slight_smile:

Hobgoblyn:

:0 Now dont laugh, for hobgoblin warriors Im going to use Skaven Clanrats bodies without the tails and heads and use goblin heads instead?? :0

ross_lionheart
They will look all wrong. It would be hard to cover up the fur and those rather unique hands.
and for Sneaky Gits, the bodies of Plauge monks without the tails and goblin heads....The unit champion or hero will have the following head..

http://uk.games-workshop.com/storefront/newimage.asp?Size=B&Img=215208

ross_lionheart
This on the other hand is a good idea and one I've often heard.

ross_lionheart:

I create my Hobgoblins out of goblin heads and shields and Brettonian bodies. But well, the method isn't for everyone and requires you to order lots of bits. Although my method is on here, I am a rather crappy painter so it just... doesnt' convey well. It also, as it has been fairly pointed out, creates Hobgobala Khan style footmen and archers to go with your Oglah Khan style wolfboyz rather than the more primitive tribe of Hobgoblins used by 5th edition Chaos Dwarves.

To make them out of just Goblins is terribly problematic. You may as well be trying to create human models out of halflings. You need a human sized body and the only way you can get those is from Bret or Empire footmen (Brets can be painted up to look to have Chinese-derived style clothing that everyone wore in the East while Empire footmen give you more of a western look).

Hobgoblyn
So to convery hobgoblins Id need to use the Bretonnian men at arms models without the heads and sheilds...Id replace them with goblin heads and shields?

metro_gnome:

thats right… but of course you dont want to field hobgoblins with shields tho…