[Archive] Converting Hobgoblin Wolf Riders

Vitzh:

I purchased two boxes of Goblin Wolf Riders looking for a way to convert them into Hobgoblin wolf riders. While I could get away with not doing anything, it feels wrong. Doubly so because of all the converted Chaos Dwarfs.

Looking over the bits I didnt have anything really come to mind. Any suggestions or conversions that have worked well in the past?

Also how do most people equip the hobgoblins? Light Armor and shield, or no?

Thanks!

Malificant:

first off, WELCOME!

ok, me personally im not up to par with GSing skills to be making wolf riders taller and adding the smurf hats, so i use them with minimal conversions. what is a must however is getting rid of the spears. Hobgoblin’s have hand weapons, so i used the cleavers from the ogre sprue, the knives from the ogre sprue, and some extra dwarf axes. these work well attached to the hand holding the bow.

i run 10 naked hobgoblin wolfriders with a musician for 120 points, not the most effective but i dont have an extra 40 points to give 2 squads LA/S. most people i beleive would run them LA/S, Wolf, and musician for 140 points a squad.

Vitzh:

first off, WELCOME!

Malificant
Thanks!

To be honest I was planning on giving the Hobgoblins bows. It does make them more expensive, but I like the idea of fast cav with bows.

Maybe trying to make a few smurf hats will be enough.

Malificant:

well, ijust like to thinktheyare mongols. there is alreadythat DOW unit, so i think the furry hats and top knots are fine. maybe paint them a brownish skin tone?

Kera foehunter:

why feel wronge. its a great idea untill they bring back hobo thats is the best way to do it .

Welcome to the site Vitzh!!