[Archive] converting the new dwarf bolt thower into a chaos dwarf death rocket

Knight Of Awsome:

Hey i need some help on converting a dwarf bolt thower into a chaos dwarf death rocket with the crewmen(there’s the hard part).

Any ideas?

Kera foehunter:

For the crew you can use the canon crew from BFSP. Dwarf canon guy and make them into chaos dwarfs. I get the older style bolt thower .(should be cheeper) Then mount the canon barrow to the cross bow piece. Get a canon barrow From the empier or ogre lead belchers.

You get rockets from the new empier hellcanon and rocket cannon set . or make them.

Hashut’s Blessing:

It shouldn’t be too difficult actually. Other than CDifying them in the usual manners, all ya need to do is bulk out the bolt, round out the head, take advantage of the flights, then have the bolt on the thrower look the same (with a thin bit where the crewman’s hand would hold it. They need to be able to load it easily!) and maybe add a backboard for the rocket’s thruster to give it extra push.

Knight Of Awsome:

i worked on the modles a little:

this guy did ok on the face but i think the beard need some work

hats for my other chaos dwarfs(adding arrows):

base for death rocket(rocket needs work):

CD holding death rocket(needs work):

Kera foehunter:

I love the face BOY HE A CUTIE!!

Mabe next time try this the beard look the right size.split the 4 beard parts in 1/2 so they would be skinner i think that will help

Knight Of Awsome:

I love the face BOY HE A CUTIE!!
Mabe next time try this the beard look the right size.split the 4 beard parts in 1/2 so they would be skinner i think that will help

Kera foehunter
thanks ill use the idea of the smaller roles for the beards, they got crushed buy both my finger accidentally pressing against it and not pressing the right way, but i think smaller roles will help.

also how many roles do you think CD holding the death rocket have? I'm just starting to shave off his face:hat!!

uhh cute OK...i call him nosy and hes single.

I'm thinking of a mechanism that hits the end of the "death rocket/converted spear" shooting it of straight forward until it hits the ground then explodes like chines fireworks!!!

Kera foehunter:

i have that problem too when working gren stuff .alot of time my finger will smosh it after i do something else on the figure

P.S did you think of add wheels on the death rocket??

Hashut’s Blessing:

Another thing that’ll help is to make them longer. It’ll helpt to give the illusion of them being thinner :wink: Instead of hitting it, attach a fuse and turn the little loop of rope behind it into a back board.

Knight Of Awsome:

i have that problem too when working gren stuff .alot of time my finger will smosh it after i do something else on the figure
P.S did you think of add wheels on the death rocket??

Kera foehunter
ill later plan on doing something like that. if you have any advice on making cool weels ill be happy to here it.
Another thing that'll help is to make them longer. It'll helpt to give the illusion of them being thinner Instead of hitting it, attach a fuse and turn the little loop of rope behind it into a back board.

Hashut's Blessing
The guy holding the leaver will have the shortest beard but the wildest hair.

The fuse...i was planing on doing that but i need some ideas on what it would look like??

Knight Of Awsome:

update!!

hole image:

rocket holder:

Kera foehunter:

now thats a sweet beard.on the rocket holder

Pyro Stick:

I hope you are going to beef up the bolts to rockets.

Its looking good so far. Cant wait to see it all painted.