[Archive] Cool Hobby News: RC Models Excavate Home Basement

Nicodemus:

A guy here in Saskatchewan, where I live, is getting international coverage for his basement hobby … it just so happens that he excavated his basement using RC models! He even made a scale rock crusher, and a spiral ramp for them to drive up to ground level. Wow. Good to have a hobby… but 7 years to excavate his basement?? Yikes :wink: It is true, however, that things can get borning out in the prairies you know. My wife would have killed me long ago if this was my hobby, then again, it’s a wonder my wife hasn’t killed me yet seeing as how much space my hobby takes up and it can’t even do any home improvement stuff :hat off

Don’t bother trying to view the guy’s blog just yet… he’s been slashdotted.

~N

tjub:

Eh… O_o

This message was automatically appended because it was too short.

vulcanologist:

Thats not a hobby… That’s certifiable!

silentbob27:

That’s not certifiable… That’s Canadian!

Bassman:

I do not know if he is a genius or a crazy person. But, hey, genius ARE crazy persons 99% of the time :smiley:

I wish he enjoyed doing so, for me would be great at beginning but boring after a few while.
It would be funnier with this http://www.catedilizia.it/c_mini_excavator.asp?SRC=CATBEI16g®true= :slight_smile:

Borador:

Awesome.

This message was automatically appended because it was too short.

Baggronor:

Oi, less of that please.

Borador:

Sorry Bagg, hope you weren’t offended, I meant it differently but it was silly anyway. I’ll edit it out