[Archive] Coordinated Flickr pool effort

Grimstonefire:

Random thing.

I was looking at the What’s New Today thing on the GW site and it gave me an idea. At some point soon should we all load pictures of our WF CD onto the GW flickr pool at the same time?

Perhaps in the build up to the Tamurkhan release, which must be imminent.

I could finish my deathshrieker and paint up a hellsmith to add.

Might have more impact if we did it coordinated?

ryanamandaanna:

I’ve got a lot to contribute to that if you want.

Grimstonefire:

Shall we say that we’ll start loading pics on from this coming Sunday then? That will coincide nicely with the WF book release.

Nicodemus:

Good job sounding the call Grim! I’ve been keeping an eye on the What’s New Today as well… and I’m in!

I’ve got ready to be posted:

20 Ingernal Guard with full command (plus my Fireglaive unit filler with dead Orc and beheaded Dwarf)

Hellsmith

DQM

Iron Daemon

and my non-FW Doom Engine (which contains all-GW bitz)

Most of us should also have some Lammasu and Great Tauruses (either the new Finecast ones or the old metal ones) that could also be uploaded. I’m sure they’d like to show off more stuff they can sell directly through the games-workshop store!

~N

furrie:

I might go and upload my hellsmith and my lammasu

rabotak:

will try to participate, but my pc broke down some time ago…

if i do, i could contribute iron daemon, magma cannon, hellsmith and IG w/fireglaives.

BeeZharr:

I’ll try and stick some pics up on Sunday evening of my Infernal Guard and Iron Daemon. This is a great idea, we should try and flood them with images so they’ll dedicate a blog to Chaos Dwarfs next week.

G.2:

I will probably be in this. Sounds like fun.

update: I just re-read the thread, and I don’t have any WF Chaos Dwarfs, so  I am out. Sorry.

Nicodemus:

update: I just re-read the thread, and I don't have any WF Chaos Dwarfs, so  I am out. Sorry.

G.2
While they're more likely to showcase the currently available models (if at all, this is FW which only gets the occasional nod) they might put in a photo or two of some classic Chaos Dwarf models. After all, part of the idea with getting Tamurkhan book sales is to get the old skool Warhammer players who may still have their old Chaos Dwarf army interested again and save their wee bearded men from langishing in limbo!

~N

Update I've joined Flickr with the name Avenger Sword, from my old yahoo/geocities days of posting Heroquest stuff ... all set to go on Sunday! Now I just need to finish off those *&@% Chaos Dwarf FW wheels. Man are they a pain to paint up!!

G.2:

... they might put in a photo or two of some classic Chaos Dwarf models. After all, part of the idea with getting Tamurkhan book sales is to get the old skool Warhammer players who may still have their old Chaos Dwarf army interested again and save their wee bearded men from langishing in limbo!

Nicodemus
I see your point. Ok, I may be tempted to put some "old shool" big hats on the Flickr group. Thanks.

Ishkur Cinderhat:

At some point soon should we all load pictures of our WF CD onto the GW flickr pool at the same time?

Grimstonefire
With WF do you mean Warhammer Forge or Warhammer Fantasy? You know, since I have no Warhammer Forge models (yet) and you happened to mention only Forge miniatures..

rabotak:

warhammer forge or not, you should definitely upload your stuff ishkur!

wallacer:

It might be a good idea if someone posted the relevant links.

Grimstonefire:

BeeZharr:

Added some pics - they need to pass approval. Has anyone else done so?

Nicodemus:

Getting ready to take some photos of my IG, Iron Daemon, DQM, Doom Engine, couple of character models and some old bighat Chaos Dwarf Warriors tonight… will take photos within the next 2-3 hours, so will likely have them uploaded before midnight local time.

~N

edit - uploaded four images… they’re kind of crappy and blurry though. Not sure what’s up with the camera. Hope it getting dropped this weekend isn’t to blame!! Not much other Chaos Dwarf stuff in there yet :o

ryanamandaanna:

I added all my FW images

warh:

Added my lamassu, not WF but as they now sell it in failcost (finecast) I thought it would do.

BeeZharr:

@ryanamandaanna nice dreadquake

Grimstonefire:

I put on my death shrieker. I’m going to paint up a hellsmith this week as well.