[Archive] "count as" plan

Rettile:

Hi guys,

since I’m going to start a chaos dwarfs army and since I’m completely new to conversions I’m looking for miniatures who can fit their role with no conversion at all or just a bit. I love forgeworld warmachines, but I don’t like K’daais very much and even if I like the chaos dwarf infantry I find those models lack of… passion. And sure, they are not cheap :~

So I started to look around to find alternative minis. For dwarfs I’d like to use scibor ones, but since I have to save money too this is not a good choice even if I love those miniatures. I looked the mantic abyssal dwarfs but i don’t like them, and prefer instead standard mantic dwarves: I know they are not so much chaotic, but still… I was wondering if I should buy the battle skull pass box instead, using dwarves as chaos dwarfs, eventually with minor conversions, and greenskins as hobgoblins

I think that I could use a Chaos Space Marine Maulerfiend to represent a K’daai destroyer, and I think that tyranid ravener brood or necron canoptek wraiths could be perfect fireborns with the right colour scheme, but I don’t know if they are going to fit well in the army (I think it could work though)

I don’t think I can make bull centaurs without conversions, right? D:

then I have to make one or two magma cannons (but I think I’ll buy at least one from forgeworld), a pair of deathshriekers and at least one dread mortar.

Thoughts?

Skink:

Bullcentaurs can be made with Juggernaut bodies and Dragonogre torsos (sculpt beards and you’re done).

Basic infantry can be bought for cheap from Titan Wargames (I own 25 of them and I tell ya, they’re stunning).

Canoptek are right fine to me! I used old Necron Immortals + Chaos Warrior weapons (checkmy blog for pics), although there are plenty of threads that talk about K’daai ideas in the Conversion and Ideas and Advice sections of the forum.

You can use Khorne Skull Cannons with CD crew as “count as” Magma Cannons…

kekenda:

I find hard to imagine bfsp dwarves as chaos dwarfs with “minor” conversion,mantic is an option,they have flat shields so you can do freehand of runes there,red eyes,horns on helmets and  they will look evil. I dont know are you new in hobby or not but you do know that building of an army that is an eyecandy is a project that last for months,even years,you should decide what will you do 1st,take your time  and focus on that only.If you want a cheap alternative,that will look great that demands a lot of work.Using toys as proxy(you can see some great k’daai and other stuff here made of toys)but whatever you do,try to focus on one thing only and when you are done then plan the next unit,it looks a lot less scarier then. :smiley:

Heavygear:

I find hard to imagine bfsp dwarves as chaos dwarfs with "minor" conversion,mantic is an option,they have flat shields so you can do freehand of runes there,red eyes,horns on helmets and  they will look evil. I dont know are you new in hobby or not but you do know that building of an army that is an eyecandy is a project that last for months,even years,you should decide what will you do 1st,take your time  and focus on that only.If you want a cheap alternative,that will look great that demands a lot of work.Using toys as proxy(you can see some great k'daai and other stuff here made of toys)but whatever you do,try to focus on one thing only and when you are done then plan the next unit,it looks a lot less scarier then. :D

kekenda
Russian Alternative Miniatures. You can find them on ebay.

Yodrin:

kekenda
Russian Alternative Miniatures. You can find them on ebay.

Heavygear
Yes, those are very very nice imo!!

Admiral:

Our Danish sculptor will start a small range of Darkstone Dwarves, perhaps available in May. I could be one answer. And here are links to evil Dwarf producers:

Avatars of War, Dwarf Lord of Chaos: http://www.avatars-of-war.com/eng/web/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=14&Itemid=60

Hasslefree, Twisted Tales: Hasslefree Miniatures - Shop - -

Gaspez Art: http://www.gaspez-arts.com/?go=store&cat=47

Russian Alternative: The Russian Alternative | eBay Stores

Titan Wargames: http://www.titanwargames.com/

Titan Wargames and Russian Alternative can both be recommended

Abecedar:

The russians have a very stylish look but definitely check out the titan range IMO.