[Archive] Cult of fire

Bassman:

Hello,

I’ve found this amazing army online!

Dunno if you have already seen it but for who has not…

http://belloflostsouls.blogspot.com/2008/12/jody-tuckers-cult-of-fire-daemons-of.html

It could be helpful even for us. There is a bunch of excellent ideas for our pyrolovers… :hat off

Kera foehunter:

that a great fine Bassman!!! that is a cool army !!

can’t wait to see the whole army

Ghrask Dragh:

I saw this the other day, what an amazing army :o

Definetly the coolest army ever!!

Hashut’s Blessing:

I’ve seen worse :stuck_out_tongue: Incredibly cool and amazing it took just 6 months to actually build once the thought had been done!

Bassman:

When I saw the first pics I wondered the many possibilities for OUR armies! Could you imagine a Chaos Dwarf army improved with this system of lights? :hat

It would be uber cool! :hashut

Lava and fire everywhere… drooling! :cheers

Grimstonefire:

That is just amazing. Some bits might have been a little better sculpted, but overall it’s flaming awesome!

I wonder how they’re powered, coin cells? Are the lights actually inside the models, or in the base?

Hashut’s Blessing:

There’s some blurb that says keychain lights. So it’ll be like keyring torches and/or laser pens etc.

Viskar Zhragoth:

I like the bull rider converted out of jugger bits? Very cool…just needs a Chaos Dwarf model on it, and then it would look good.

Willmark:

That is pretty darn cool, nice find.

grom:

That is just amazing. Some bits might have been a little better sculpted, but overall it's flaming awesome!

I wonder how they're powered, coin cells? Are the lights actually inside the models, or in the base?

Grimstonefire
here goes answer ;]
...The glowing hearts of the models were made from a keychain light mounted into the base. I sculpted all of the torsos, heads and other fiery bits, took a mold and cast them in clear resin. Then I assembled them around the LEDs and used paints and inks to give it the fiery colors. I ran fiber-optics into the eye sockets and as a trail of sparks behind some of the fireballs...

Jordy

Hashut’s Blessing:

grom, I couldn;t be bothered to re-open the link :wink: Laziest CD on the website? ME! :stuck_out_tongue:

Viskar, do you mean the iron bull? If so, that’s a model from another company. Can’t think which right now, but several members have used it (KEera, I believe has two).

Godbob and his jolly rogers:

Such a cool army

Also dose anyone know if she used GS to make those flames?

grom:

...the iron bull? If so, that's a model from another company...

Hashut's Blessing
Ever heard of Reaper Miniatures? ;]
http://www.reapermini.com/FigureFinder#detail/03208

Godbob and his jolly rogers
I bet that its made from poo ;]

Hashut’s Blessing:

grom, yes, just couldn;t recall which company :wink: I knew it began with r and considered Ral Partha, but thought it wasn’t lol.

Godbob and his jolly rogers:

I bet that its made from poo ;]

grom
Now thats just inmature :P

Willmark:

Such a cool army

Godbob and his jolly rogers
Gert yourself a copy of the Generals Compendium, great article on how to create GS fire in there towards the back.