[Archive] Daemonic Engine - Tri-Fire Hellcannon (Using Mr. Hunt's Ruleset)

Xander:

Here’s a build for my Triple Barreled Hellcannon using all 100 points of Daemonic Upgrades.

Tri-Fire Hellcannon - 240 points----------Demonic Engine - 105 PointsDaemonsmith - 35 pointsDaemonic Barrage - 25 pointsDoomfire - 30 pointsWarpfire - 20 pointsSentient Ammunition - 25 pointsTri-Fire HellcannonM  Ws Bs S  T  W  I  A  Ld6  4  3  5  6  3  1  3  5FearUnbreakableMonsters and HandlersRampageDaemonic Engine:- Stone Thrower with Str 5 (10 under the hole)- Re-roll Scatter Dice- Units hit take a Panic test at -1 Ld- Re-roll failed rolls to wound
That’s a pretty nasty war machine right there.  Hopefully it doesn’t misfire. :stuck_out_tongue: Interestingly, I didn’t use a single Daemonic Upgrade that I used for my Kollossus. Nifty.

What do you think? Does this work for this model?  Am I sinking too many points into this?  Should I drop the Warpfire? Hrm…

Thommy H:

I was going to say you can’t take Sentient Amunition with Doomfire, but apparently you can! I don’t know what that would represent when combined with Doomfire (shooting actual Daemons? I don’t know…) but hey, no worries.

My build of this would have used Collossal, simply because a Hellcannon is Collossal, and this is at least as big.

Also: you should call it the Daemonhammer Cannon, 'cause that’s what I called it when I entered rules for it in the Artisan’s Contest :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Thommy H:

I’m also starting to think the Daemonsmith is too much of a no-brainer too. It’s like, why ever field a Daemonic Engine without one? Rampage and the rough Misfire chart are one of the few things keeping Engines sane, and a Daemonsmith is just too cheap a way to circumvent that. I think I need to give them a points hike.

Xander:

Either that, or take away the leadership re-roll. That function can be performed by BSBs.

Thommy H:

Which is probably something I should clarify - the BSB shouldn’t give a re-roll to Rampage tests. No amount of flag waving is going to stop a bound Daemon from raging out of control.

Xander:

Haha, fair enough.

This message was automatically appended because it was too short.

Thommy H:

Yeah, I forgot that BSB allow you to re-roll all Ld tests in 8th. Inspiring Presence shouldn’t work either.

Xander:

Thankfully, they both work in Warriors of Chaos. :wink:

Thommy H:

I know, I just looked that up myself. Kinda dumb when you think about it…

Xander:

Yet very useful. :wink:

This message was automatically appended because it was too short.