[Archive] Daemonsmiths equipped with magical shields

Marduk:

Yesterday I played my first game in 2013 and I used a typical Sorcerer Prophet with Enchanted Shield, but my opponent said it was illegal for my sorcerer to carry a magical shield. I remember I read the explanation here at CDO but I can’t find the thread now.

Please help.

Thanks in advance.

Da Crusha:

in the main rulebook it says that you can bring magical armour as long as you can wear armour normally. our wizards come with blackshard armour so they are allowed to carry magical shields.

Marduk:

in the main rulebook it says that you can bring magical armour as long as you can wear armour normally. our wizards come with blackshard armour so they are allowed to carry magical shields.

Da Crusha
Yes, but it could be argued that this would only allow us to take magical armour (body armour) but not shields because we can't equip normal shields. Is there a FAQ or further clarification anywhere?

Blackspine:

Da Crusha
Yes, but it could be argued that this would only allow us to take magical armour (body armour) but not shields because we can't equip normal shields. Is there a FAQ or further clarification anywhere?

Marduk
Now he's just making stuff up.

Shields are under the 'magical armor' section. While it's true our SP/DS's can't purchase mundane shields, they CAN buy magic ones.

Da Crusha:

Da Crusha

Marduk
well if that was the case, no body would be able to bring magical helmets since they can't be taken normally.

deadlydeceiver:

Shields are under the 'magical armor' section.

Blackspine
That's exactly the point!
The main rulebook says: "Wizards cannot choose magic armour unless they have an option for "normal" armour."

That means: If my wizard has an option for normal armour (in our case the blackshard armour) it may choose equipment from the magic armour-category, which incorporates helmets, shields and body armour.

And Da Crusha has a nice counterattack for those "magical shield is no armour"-people...:hat off

DD

Jossy:

The FAQ for the Ogres army will help you here.

A Slaughtermaster can take a ironfist, which is a shield.

The FAQ made it clear, that because of this the Slaughtermaster could take magic armour, even though this was not the intention of the designer.

Because you can select/are equipped with armour to begin with, you may select anything under the magic armour item selection, including shields, helmets and body armour.

Swissdictator:

I was on Wiscodice (well one of their side shows called Conesy’s Diary) as a guest where we discussed the new sculpts if you’d like to hear some thoughts from me and one of the guys in my region.

http://wiscodice.com/?p=257