[Archive] Dark Eldar- Amazing heros and a new start!

Joshmohr:

Hey! ive decided to become the Dark Eldar for my next army… Why might you ask? After a close review of there codex, i have found how amazing they can be if used right!

*You may hold any ammount of forces in reserve, and then summon them right to you hero. (Using a “webway” portal)

*You may give your hero a 2+ invulnerability save (hysterical laugh)

Those are just a few ‘perks’. They have quite a few ‘downs’ and quite a few “ups”… For instance, there troups have splinter weapons, S3 AP5 R25 Rapid Fire, but they may have up to two Splinter Cannons S4 Ap5 assalt 4. And may have up to two shredders- S6 AP1 Blast, and then theres the Dark Lance. S8 AP2 Heavy1. You could make a Anti-tank squad, and a anti-infantry squad.

To start, ill get:

5 Jetbikes

20 Dark eldar warriors battleforce

1 raider

--------------------

1 Archron

16 more warriors

3 Grotesques

What do you all think?

Baggronor:

It has always been my belief that Dark Eldar are totally hardcore when used correctly.

10 Warriors with 2 Dark Lances are a nice cheap anti-tank squad, and can still put out decent anti-infantry fire too. You probably want 2 squads of these.

Lord with Incubi rock. They just do. Even after quite a few years, they are still very good in melee, as are Wyches (the errata Wych weapons are awesome).

An effective list will likely contain lots of Raiders, so this is something to bear in mind. Raider Squads with Assault weapons and a Sybarite with combat drugs and agoniser/power weapon are nice. Bring on the webway portal!

Grotesques are somewhat less useful than they used to be, due to the current firing rules (you no longer have to shoot the closest guys anymore).

Scourges with 4 Splinter Cannons rock. They will murder Orks and Nids.

Joshmohr:

Yeah! Thats the plan. Scourges /w 4 splinter cannons and a Power Weapons (I believe i can give the Sybrite one…). that will be my favorite squad. The one down part is the troops weapons, splinter rifles. S3 AP5…

But the heros are amazing. So are the Reaver Jetbikes. I think ill get: *Battalion *

The mandrakes also look good, ill just use Dark Elf black Corsairs. (Just pop em’ near the enemy elites/leader.)

Baggronor:

The one down part is the troops weapons, splinter rifles. S3 AP5...
True, but they have decent BS and can rapid fire, plus they are fleet too. Against some enemies, its better to just rush into assault (Eldar Guardians, Guardsmen), as WS4 I5 is actually quite good. Keep the squads small for the cheapness. Ultimately they are expendable.

A friend of mine rigged up extra parts for his Raiders, so he could field them as Ravagers when he chose to. Might be something to consider to keep costs down.

Joshmohr:

How small? raider squad of 5, ground squad of 10?

The Brain:

Be careful, remember your guys are only T3 and have a 5+. I have played Dark Eldar for years, and trust me always take raider squads of 10. Also one of the best weapons in the game is the Horrofex. It is awesome, the unit hit takes a pinning test minus however many models were hit with the template. If you hit a Space Marine player with a �?"5 pinning test he will cry. 5 or 6 raiders running around pinning units, just allows you nasty units like incubi to pick and choose their targets.

Also be careful with the shadow field. You have to role each save one at a time. This is due to the fact that if you fail it once the shield is gone for the rest of the game. Another good trick that I sometimes use is you can give the sybarites of the warrior squads the weapons of the incubi. The punisher and tormentor helm are war gear that any body can take in the currant rulebook. It is nice to assault a raider squad out of the web when the squad leader gets 4 S4 I5 power weapon attacks. Another big bonus is that any squad leader or an entire wych squad can have haywire grenades. If you fill up on those you don�?Tt really need much else for tank hunting, but the occasional blaster or dark lance is nice. All in all that are a top-notch army, even with and 11 year old army book.

Joshmohr:

The horrorfex looks amazing, so dose the webway portal. to start out, ill convert the raider in the starter pack to a ravager /w screeming jets.

What do you think i should start out with?

The Brain:

Nice call, deep strike in blasting desintegraters on sustained fire, and a horrofex, and look at the space marines tremble in their disco boots.

Joshmohr:

^^ just made my first army list at 959 points. Normaly i’d show you what they have, but that would take forever.

-Archon-155

-Raider Squad- 214pts

-WarriorsX20- 211

-5 reavers- 161

5 scourges- 218

The Brain:

nice stare :cheers

This message was automatically appended because it was too short.

The Brain:

Actually I am working on a list to fight my friends eldar, they are working on a team tournament for Adeptacon. Let me know what you think. Normally I would not take two HQ’s, but this has to look like it is two people playing two 1000 point lists together within the same force org chart. Usually I would dorp the Dracon and have more blasters around the army. Comments welcome.

HQ

155 Archon, tormentor helm, punisher, combat drugs, trophy rack, animus vitae, Shadow field.

125 Retinue, (5) incubi

060 Raider, w/ horrofex.

100 Dracon, poison blades, combat drugs, reaver jet bike

Elites

158, wyches, (10), wych weapons, Succubus, punisher

060, Raider, w/ horrofex

158, wyches, (10), wych weapons, Succubus, punisher

060, Raider, w/ horrofex

075, Warp Beast Pack (5)

Troops

096 Raider squad, sybarite, splinter cannon, poison blades

240 Raider, (4) w/ horrofex

100 web way portals (2)

Fast

185 Hellions, (8) succubus, punisher, tormentor helm

146 Reavers, (5) succubus, poison blades

Heavy

100 Talos

Joshmohr:

Do you have a starter list? i just ordered a atchon, battle force, and a unit of warriors. (Ill convert 5 into scourges)

The Brain:

Do you have a starter list? i just ordered a atchon, battle force, and a unit of warriors. (Ill convert 5 into scourges)

Joshmohr
I don't have a list lower than 2k written up, but I think there is a 1K starter list on the GW web site, look under dark eldar in the army section and there are some articles on them about army lists.

Joshmohr:

Thank! appreciate the help.