[Archive] Dark Elf

ross_lionheart:

:slight_smile: I was talking to a games workshop staff member the other day and he said in his 2k dark elf army your lucky if he has a unit of foot troops.��

He uses units of dark riders, cold one nights,shades, 4 bolt throwers and a lord on dragon.��:(��Personally I dont really see that as being balanced list but thats what hes going to be using the in tourney im entering :frowning:

I thought that if I used a lord on taurus that Id be able to challange his general…

metro_gnome:

nope… bolthrowers for the dragon…
earthshakers will slow him down a little…
against a list like this i’d be inclined to take two…

the taurus lord will be more useful at getting at those warmachines…

ross_lionheart:

I was thinking about core troops of warriors consisting of 25 +, 4 bolts for the dragon, 1 earthshaker, bull cents and hob wolf riders.

Hes only using 2 level 2 sorcerers so maybe I should attempt to out magic him?

metro_gnome:

also a good choice…

tho youd lose your taurus lord…

no the lammansu is not an option…

but a level 4 and 2 level 2 will spoil the point he wasted in magik…

and give you some serious firepower in the magic phase…

i’d make the 4th hero speedy… to get at those BTs…

your wolfboz seems like a good idea…

ross_lionheart:

:slight_smile: I could either use a hobgoblin hero on wolf as my 4th choice or a Bc Hero mixed in with the bull centres.

I was thinking about using 2x 25 cd warriors with hand weapons, heavy armour and sheild and a unit of 20 blunderbusses, and 20 Orc Big Un’s as my core. Wolfboys and Bull centres taking the flank…

Revlid:

Blunderbusses probably aren’t a good choice against a list with little-to-no infantry. Fewer potential hits.

Against an army with lots of Fast Cavalry, I would load up on Earthshakers and Magic, and use Bolthrowers to counter the Dragon.

A Taurus Lord could also help against the Cavalry, or against Chariots if he has the Gauntlets and a Greatweapon, but make sure the Dark Elf guy isn’t taking too many Reaper Bolt Throwers, or he’ll be beef-kebab in no time.

If the guy is taking Reapers, bring along a unit or two of Wolf Riders, to take them down asap.

If Chariots are in the list, use either the Lord setup above, or a Hobgoblin Hero with the Gauntlets, a Greatweapon and a Wolf.

metro_gnome:

da wolfboz wont get the S7 due to new GW rulez…

leave him on foot and toss him with steed of shadows…

this best compliments the heavy magic approach…