[Archive] Darkland Chariots

WarplockMonkey:

Has anybody got any idea on what model to base a darkland chariot(s) on?

Grimstonefire:

It depends on a few things.

I presume its to be pulled by something (or it wouldn’t be a chariot)?��If so, what?

Is this for hobgoblins or Chaos Dwarfs?

Either way I don’t think there should be any wood anywhere, so you would want large bits of ‘metal’ to form the chariot sides and base.��These could easily be cut from plasticard, but you might find some here, here, or maybe even one of the 40k building sprues.

Titanomachy:

I think they’d be something like the chaos chariots with large metal plates on the sides. Hobgobbos would use wolves and CD’s would use… hobgobbos? Haha, seriously, CD’s would probably use wolves too, or maybe bull centaurs?

Grimstonefire:

Bull Centaurs are not beasts of burden, though they could probably pull a Sorcerer Lord.

I was thinking more along the lines of being pulled by some mutant slave beasts, or mechanical wolves etc.

duktu:

Why not use the old undead ('round 4th ed) chariot or at least the idea? The whole base is made of bones. I guess there’s plenty of dried bones in the darklands. Ad it would be a gruesome view, so everyone would be, properly, scared of the thing :slight_smile:

About the steeds - I don’t really know. BC are intelligent creatures after all and they might have some objections in pulling the chariot. But maybe bulls? That would be great, although hard to maneuver. So probably a tuskgor or simple boar will be more effective.

WarplockMonkey:

In the fluff they do not have beasts pulling them, they are driven by daemon powered engines! Much more reliable then spits wolves

wallacer:

In my custom list I just use the old Tenderiser and Whirlwind warmachines as chariots.

The Flying Beaver:

Ogre slaves could work to pull the thing. I prefer the whirlwind and tenderizers over a chariot, but even these seem a little low-tech for the industrial Chaos Dwarfs.

Arashi:

Why not have a chaos juggernaut pulling said chariot? Just an idea.

WarplockMonkey:

I was thinking more of a tank than a chariot per-say,

I saw this and had an idea;

Just un-dark elf it abit, take off the spindly spikes (to be replaced with cunkier ones:P)shorten it ,add some wheels and heavy armour and exaust or three and bingo!

Leadblecher:

How about a Rhinox? That would make pretty good sense being close to the Ogres.

cornixt:

Look for the most recent Blood Bowl steamroller. One great model dying for a use in our army.

Sobek:

I say hook up some Hobgoblins as a sled team. “Mush!” "Oi, boss!"Plus, as Sled might make some sense since wheels would get stuck in the ash on the ground.

hal:

I’d wait for the High Elf lions to come out, they’d be great chariot pullers (they have beards and everything).

WarplockMonkey:

But the thing is i dont want beasts pulling it! I want a machine powered mastrosity!

How many should i have in a unit?

Canix:

Sounds good i am going to use 40k khorne jugger with rider removed and symbols converted to hashut to pull a centerpiece statue of hashut chariot:hashut

WarplockMonkey:

Canix:

Wow, sounds really cool! What are you going to do for the statue of hashut? All in all a bit like an empire war alter but cooler?:slight_smile:

Pyro Stick:

But the thing is i dont want beasts pulling it! I want a machine powered mastrosity!

WarplockMonkey
You have to admit though, the high elf chariot beast puller things are awesome and with them beards they are almost perfect for chaos dwarf chariots

WarplockMonkey:

I must admit they are awsome, but a bit too, undwarfish…

And what sort of life would actually thrive in the ash strewn landscape?

hal:

And what sort of life would actually thrive in the ash strewn landscape?

Chaos Dwarfs seem to live pretty well.