[Archive] Dark's Song of Blades Chaos Dwarves

Darkmeer:

I have been collecting some things for a short while, and I have some Russian Alternative Chaos Dwarves on their way. I plan on making these swappable for two game systems. First, of course, we have Song of Blades and Heroes, our skirmish game of choice at my home, and Kings of War, which I have a copy. Kings of War will wait until a later blog post, as I have many ideas.

I decided to simply make the profiles I want to see, and see how they would fare in a proper Advanced Song of Blades and Heroes campaign. I figured, if anyone else tried the Advanced Song of Blades and Heroes engine, I would share the profiles I have made. Anyone is welcome to share their thoughts, and I’ll definitely take that into consideration (and maybe even edit a profile or three… dozen).

For those not familiar with Song of Blades and Heroes, it is a very small scale skirmish game overall, with some interesting “high level” campaigning available later on. The points start at 400, with no more than 50% being spent on Personalities. There are many options for these things, and, given I enjoy small narrative campaigns, I did not build any one profile with a “winner take all mentality.” I simply looked at the models and said this is what spoke to me. I’m still working through how to do Artillery (Death Rockets, Cannons, Hellcannons, and, of course, Hobgoblin Bolt Throwers).

Here are the profiles that I designed:

The leaders (all personalities)

Overlord: Q3 C3 Traits: Expert Block, Greedy, Heavily Armored, Leader, Long Reach, Short Move. (74 Points)

Bezhukk the Immortal: Q3 C3 Traits: Combat Master, Greedy, Heavily Armored, Shieldbreaker, Short Move (52 Points)

Great Weapon Hero: Q3 C3 Traits: Combat Master, Greedy, Heavily Armored, Heavy Weapon, Hero, Short Move (86 points)

Rosubian the Sorcerer: Q3 C1 Traits: Greedy, Short Move, Spellcaster. Spells: Blast, Fireball, Flaming Touch, Transfix (68 points)

Overlord on Bull Taurus: Q3 C 4 Traits: Big, Block, Dragon Breath, Flying, Hammering Blow, Hard Hide, Heavily Armored, Leader, Long Move (190 points)

Overlord on Balefire Taurus: Q3 C5, Traits: Block, Dragon Breath, Flying, Hammering Blow, Hard Hide, Heavily Armored, Huge, Leader, Long Move (194 points).

Sorcerer on Lamassu: Q3 C2 Big, Flying, Hard Hide, Long Move, Mounted, Spellcaster. Spells: Blast, Lightning, Transfix, Wall of Fire. (129 Points)

Lamassu: Q4 C3 Traits: Big, Flying, Hard Hide Long Move, Spellcaster: Spell: Lightning. (87 points)

Bull Taurus: Q4 C4 Traits: Big, Dragon Breath, Hard Hide, Flying, Long Move (98 points)

Balefire Taurus: Q4 C6: Dragon Fire, Flying, Hard Hid, Huge, Long Move (116 points)

Hobgoblin Wolf Rider Khan: Q3 C3 traits: Block, Dashing, Mounted, Subcommander (66 points)

Hobgoblin Khan/Big Boss on Foot with Shield: Q3 C3 Traits: Backstab, Block, Subcommander (54 points)

Hobgoblin Khan/Big Boss on foot with Great Weapon: Q3 C3 Traits: Backstab, Heavy Weapon, Subcommander (54 points)

Hobgoblin Sneaky Git �?ohero�?�: Q3 C3 Traits: Backstab, Double Strike (56)

Bull Centaur Grotesque Champion: Q2 C4: Traits: Combat Master, Dashing, hard Hide, Heavy Weapon, Hero, Huge, Long Move (203 Points)

The non-personality Warriors:

Jorn Felljorgensen (Fire Giant of Norindaal): Q3 C5 Traits: Big, Heavy Weapon (64 points) (he will end up a personality with Combat Master later, costing 74 points at that point).

Abyssal Bull: Q4 C2 Traits; Animal, Dashing, Hard Hide, Long Move (39 points)

Chaos Dwarf Warrior: Q3 C3 Traits: Block, Greedy, Heavily Armored, Short Move (36 points)

Chaos Dwarf Great Weapons: Q3 C3 Traits: Greedy, Heavily Armored, Shieldbreaker, Short Move (42 points)

Chaos Dwarf Blunderbuss: Q4 C2 Traits: Arquebus, Greedy, Heavily Armored, Short Move (24 points)

Chaos Dwarf Berserker: Q3 C3 Traits: Berserk, Dashing, Free Disengage, Reckless, Short Move

Chaos Dwarf Bull Centaur: Q2 C4 Traits: Big, Block, Dashing, Heavily Armored, Long Move, Mounted (125 points)

Chaos Dwarf Bull Centaur (Great Weapon(): Q2 C4 Traits: Big, Dashing, Heavily Armored, Heavy Weapon, Long Move, Mounted, Shieldbreaker (130 points)

Bull Centaur Grotesque: Q2 C4 Traits: Dashing, Hard Hide, Heavy Weapon, Huge, Long Move, Mounted, Shieldbreaker. (140 Points)

Hobgoblin Warrior: Q4 C2 Traits: Backstab, Block (26 points)

Hobgoblin Archer: Q4 C2 Traits: Backstab, Short Bow (27 points)

Hobgoblin Sneaky Gits: Q4 C2 Traits: Backstab, Dashing (24 points)

Hobgoblin Spearmen: Q4 C2 Traits: Backstab, Block, Long Reach (30 points)

Hobgoblin Wolf Rider (Warrior): Q4 C3 Traits: Block, Dashing, Mounted (42 points)

Hobgoblin Wolf Rider (Archer): Q4 C2 Traits: Dashing, Mounted, Short Bow (36 points)

Hobgoblin Wolf/Hobhound: Q4 C2: Animal, Dashing, Long Move (30 points)

Darkmeer:

The expected initial warband will be as follows:

Prince Robu (Overlord)

Rosubian the Sorcerer

2 Chaos Dwarf Warriors

2 Chaos Dwarf Great Weapons

2 Chaos Dwarf Blunderbuss

2 Hobgoblin Archers

This lands at EXACTLY 400 points. It�?Ts also very characteristically slow, which works for me. At 600 points, the warband ends up as:

Prince Robu

Rosubian the Sorcerer

Bezhukk the Immortal

Jorn Felljorgensen

2 Chaos Dwarf Warriors

2 Chaos Dwarf Great Weapons

2 Chaos Dwarf Blunderbuss

2 Hobgoblin Archers

3 Hobgoblin Warriors.

This lands at 594 points. I like the way this one looks. This one really has a good mix of front line warriors, some difficult warriors, and an insane powerhouse or two. The only thing that could make it better is adding a Chaos Dwarf Bull Centaur (Great Weapon).

Of the above models, I need Hobgoblin Warriors. I am considering purchasing the Battleforge.co.uk ones or maybe troll ebay for ones that don�?Tt�?T cost ridiculous amounts (my max payment for any model is the �?ocurrent metal�?� price of a figure. That totals $7 per figure, although I prefer to spend less than that long term).

Between the two games I want to play these with, this is definitely a multi-year endeavor.

Abecedar:

Will look forward to seeing your warband in pics and stuff.

Bloodbeard:

Welcome aboard! Solid list and a good long list of stuff to get done. Loooking forward to seeing your stuff.

Darkmeer:

Thank you both. I also have to do the Chaos Dwarf Statue of Ancient Times. Did I miss anything super important (other than the war machines)?

Darkmeer:

Soooo, I did miss something important. Black Orcs. I have to work through them. I am thinking one for the Great weapons, one for the dual weapons.

I have been working on artillery stats and I’m almost done. Just doing a little playtesting on those, because it’s something I do NOT want to mess up. That would be something horrible to do to the community with the work.