[Archive] Dawi Zharr Sculpt (Update! 01/28/09)

Kera foehunter:

nice fire lord can’t wait to see it painted

Narflung:

Whoa! That rat is sweet, excellent work! Lets get the fire wizard painted, it should look great.

dedwrekka:

I’ve been working on a right “gun” arm and hands, in addition to the blunderbuss types.

Below mock up of how the current “stubby” blunderbuss looks on the model, the blunderbuss itself isn’t finished yet. I’m really considering making a bazooka option after working with his pose for holding the blunderbuss.

furrie:

awsome gun

This message was automatically appended because it was too short.

dedwrekka:

In a double update here’s two blunderbuss versions. Almost complete except for drying the GS, and some gs work on the buttstock.

First up is Blunderbuss #2

Now, the near complete “Stubby” (The chamber loader on the back will become a tallhat for the face)

Pyro Stick:

Your blunderbuss are awesome. They look like they are wearing the fantasy equivalent of Terminator Armour. Now get some of your models painted up!

dedwrekka:

Your blunderbuss are awesome. They look like they are wearing the fantasy equivalent of Terminator Armour. Now get some of your models painted up!

Pyro Stick
Hrm, I do need to get some painted CD models out sometime, but I'd like to build up the equipment options for the warrior/immortal and try to get it casted.

Zanko:

I join the others - want to see the mini painted

:hashut

Kera foehunter:

Great job love the blunder buss

Willmark:

They are cool but they look too 40kish to me; I’ll reserve final judgement until I see them.

clam:

Yes, lets see some paint on these - now shall we :smiley:

dedwrekka:

While I work on a few other weapons for the evil dwarf warrior, I’m trying my hand at a large monster. A mixture of bone and steel, blood and steam, flesh and not-so-much flesh

So, with that, I give an early look at my monstrosity. I call it, The Unkynde.

Unfortunately for those wanting to see the early sculpts painted, you may have to wait a while. I’m currently waiting on painting them until I can try and get them cast (possibly even sold).

Sojourn:

wow deadwrekka… nice work! wish I had been able to comment earlier. but many things to be said

a. nice sturdy little dwarf there! and that blunderbuss looks wicked.

b. the fire wizard guy will look really nice painted. there are a lot of crevices to accent colours with, high and low lights.

c. the Unkynde does indeed look unkind… but he’s also rippppppped. nice abs :wink:

great work so far, keep us posted! :slight_smile:

Border Reiver:

Really nice sculpts, I’d pay for the casts, but the rest of my army is of the Big Hat variety and they just wouldn’t fit the visuals. Still, keep up the excellent sculpting!

Hashut’s Blessing:

Get them cast ASAP ya lil begaar :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

That way, i can transfer money to you and steal them legally! MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH! What ya thinking of counting the Unkynde as? (Which I first read as Undyke lol :stuck_out_tongue: )

dedwrekka:

What ya thinking of counting the Unkynde as? (Which I first read as Undyke lol :P )

Hashut's Blessing
Possibly as an Ogre, however I'm tempted to make rules for him (something like a version of Ratogres, with handlers and all). At the very very least, it'll be a nice unit filler.

dedwrekka:

Well, with Troll Forged suffering an epic disaster with their molding process and possibly closing their doors, I might not be able to follow my plan on getting several of my creations cast. At least not through him. If he does decide to close the doors on Troll Forged Miniatures, I might look into casting my own.

dedwrekka:

Update, sorry, no pics this time.

Went back to my Chaos Dwarf sculpt, the one with the blunderbuss, and tried to cleanly remove the arms so that I could turn it into a multi-part sculpt that I could add more weapons options to. Unfortunately when I removed the right arm it shattered the cloak and a few other details that it had, sadly, become atatched to. Probably has to do with my mixing of GS and BS in sculpting it, which led to parts becoming more brittle (a property of brownstuff) as it was becoming more workable (a property of greenstuff).

Instead, I glued the pieces back on, and I’m beginning on another body for more combat related weapons options.

As Trollforged has decided to stay with his casting and sculpting, my plan is still to try and get them cast and sellable.

Stubbs:

Wouw man those are some kick ass sculpts you got there! you should indeed resin cast some like those legs with the kneepads! :hat off

Tarrakk Blackhand:

Would be nice to have a few of them!