[Archive] Death Rockets and Earth Shakers

Deebo:

When/If GW re-do Chaos Dwarfs do you think that they should change the way that the DR and ES fire?

If so what would your rules for these warmachines be?

Including the Aiming Hitting Damages ect…

wizuriel:

the ES kinda defines CD I find. If they do change it, they should keep the army disruption affects (though maybe change it to use the big template for damage and affect).

Death rocket I think should be changed. For a name like deathrocket there isn’t much special about it :stuck_out_tongue:

wizuriel:

the ES kinda defines CD I find. If they do change it, they should keep the army disruption affects (though maybe change it to use the big template for damage and affect).

Death rocket I think should be changed. For a name like deathrocket there isn’t much special about it :stuck_out_tongue:

Deebo:

I think they should both be changed and I have done up some rules of my own… what do you think?

Earth Shaker…

Range 60"

Guess Range and roll artillery die, add this to the range you guessed unless its a missfire, roll on a standard cannon missfire chart.

This is where the shell lands, place the large template to see which models are automatically hit.

Now roll the artillery die again.

The number rolled equels the the strength of the hit and also the range of the shock wave in inches from the centre of the template.

This number also effects the shock wave results…

2-4 = No ill effects

6-8 = Ground troops move at half rate and may not march, missle troops may only move or shoot and suffer a -2 modifier to all shots.

Warmachines must roll a D6 if they choose to fire, on the roll of 1-3 they suffer a missfire.

10 = No ground troops may move or fire this turn including warmachines.

Flying troops are hit by the massive shockwave, dissorientated they either land or crash to the ground. They must take a single strength 3 hit.

If your second roll of the artillery die was a missfire then the shell fails to explode and there are no shockwave effects, models under the large template are hit by shards of metal from the broken shell on a 4+ and effected models take a strength 4 hit.

Death Rocket…

Range 48"

Guess range and roll a artillery die and a D6 and add this to your guessed range, if you rolled a missfire then something has gone wrong and you must roll on a standard cannon missfire chart.

once you have established where the rocket has landed roll the artillery die once more,

On the roll of 2-4 use the small template and models under are automatically hit and take strength 4 hits

On the roll of 6-10 use the large template and models under are automatically hit and suffer strength 7 hits.

If you have rolled a missfire on this second artillery die, check to see if its landed on a model, if it has then it has skewered him on a roll of 4 or more and he then travels with the rocket that has failed to explode (look out sir may not be used as the rocket is way to fast for anyone to be thrown out of the way!) and skims off in a new direction roll a scatter die and 2D6 to determine the direction and range the rocket travels, when this is established roll the artillery die again if it is a number then use the chart above, any skewered model is instantly blown to bits and removed from the game!

If you roll another missfire then the rocket has run out of propellant and has still failed to explode, any skewered model takes D6 stength 10 hits as he is flown about the battle field and slammed into the ground! Any single model that would be hit this time quickly gets out of the way of the rocket carrying a screaming person!