[Archive] [Death Squads] Blood axe Orks and Squat survivors

maxxev:

So I came across a fan made game combining the game rules of 40k, the exp and skills of necromunda and the campaign system of Mordheim called “Death squads” and it looks like a lot of fun, so I set about converting a gang or two for it.

Here are my WIP blood axe orks:

The NOB:

The Sneaky boss so far:

The 'ard Boyz so far:

The flash git:

The Kommandos:

My boyz will be based on plastics rather than the Rackham figures and I haven’t started them yet.

The guys working on the project still have a lot of squads in development so I picked the Imperial Renegades list for my Squat survivors and set about converting a few models:

Here are the first two, but don’t expect any more (just one more in the works) for a while its a fair amount of effort to convert these bodies to remove all the pouches from the front so i’m looking at doing a few more and then casting them up, but I can;t afford the materials until next year. I may do the aliens sooner than that though :).

Here we go.

First guy I did (note the face looks much better in person)

The second guy:

Comments and criticism welcomed.

Skink:

Dude, you surely are good with green stuff.

The arms of the heavy bolter squat are brilliant as well as the sculpted face of the model above. I would add long beards if I were you though.

Nothing to say on the Blood Axes. Thematically perfect, well executed, full of character, dynamic poses. Can’t wait to see them painted!!!

EDIT: maybe add something to the Flash git’s shoota? Because Flash Gits are s’posed to have really big personalized guns :):):slight_smile:

maxxev:

Dude, you surely are good with green stuff.

The arms of the heavy bolter squat are brilliant as well as the sculpted face of the model above. I would add long beards if I were you though.

Nothing to say on the Blood Axes. Thematically perfect, well executed, full of character, dynamic poses. Can't wait to see them painted!!!

EDIT: maybe add something to the Flash git's shoota? Because Flash Gits are s'posed to have really big personalized guns :):):)

Skink
Thank you for the comments :). That was my first try at bare arms on the BOLTER squat (not heavy bother lol).

Aye the Flash gits are known for their intricate weapons, however Death squads is a campaign game and you can't buy a "snazzgun" in the beginning, i'll have to save up and make my rarity roles in order to find one of them to start kuztomizing :P. In the mean time all he has is a bog standard Shoota :(.

Skink:

…Actually this game sounds interesting. Can you post a direct link for rules download?

maxxev:

...Actually this game sounds interesting. Can you post a direct link for rules download?

Skink
You have to register to the foum to get the rules (I know it's a little odd) I believe it's because the game is a WIP so they want feedback and want people to post questions on the forums so that they can refine it more.

when I say it's WIP it's totally ready to play, just working on proofreading and new squads for the game.

http://www.deathsquadsgame.com/