[Archive] Deathrocket WIP with crew

Dervish Helldance:

My first Chaos Dwarf conversions, a Death rocket, base on the Helstorm Rocket Battery. A pretty simple conversion, but I like it, and I also like fireworks.:wink: I’m not sure if Chaos Dwarfs like big rockits or smaller clusters though. Haven’t made crew yet, as I have no dwarfs! Will buy soon, I promise.

I replaced the griffon heads with skulls, for a little “Winged Chaos Beast” look. Will also add details to the wheels. Any thoughts?

Dead Kennedy:

Right on! The skull critters on the base look great. I’d also recommend a modification so that it can aim higher into the air, it would give the model a doubly sinister profile.

Modified gor shields as wheels?

Dervish Helldance:

Right on! The skull critters on the base look great. I'd also recommend a modification so that it can aim higher into the air, it would give the model a doubly sinister profile.

Modified gor shields as wheels?

Dead Kennedy
Thank you!
Great idea with Gor shields! Why didn't i think of them? I mean, i have lot's of them and never used any. Gors work best with two HW...

The aimer modification, I'm not sure how it should be done. But it sounds cool.

Tarrakk Blackhand:

Looks awesome so far! I’d hate to be standing directly behind that when the rockets fired!

Dervish Helldance:

Thanks for the response. You don’t want to stand either in the rear or the front of it. I think i’ll make a roasted Hobgoblin to stand behind it!:wink:

New pictures, with added details (thanks for the tip, Dead Kennedy)

Took two gor shields each as wheels, and added some little mechanism to aim with. Wait, they actually aim it?

It will sure be fun to paint, and also to make the crew. In addition, I have ideas for Annihilators/Blunderbussers/Stormcallers, whatever it’s called… Hint: Bazooka theme!

bas_2312:

Maybe you could add some little Greenstuff beards to the crazy griffonthingies, so they look like a Lammasu!

Tarrakk Blackhand:

Good idea Bas.

This message was automatically appended because it was too short.

Dead Kennedy:

Little greenstuff beards would be hilarious! If you’re going for a babylonian look, that would be fun. The gor wheels look great! They look nice and robust.

For the aiming of the unit, I was more thinking a pair of poles that hook to a pack animal of some kind. Overall the weapon looks front-heavy, with the missiles looking much bigger and noticeable than the rest of the machine. A bigger body on the warmachine would make it a little tougher looking, chunkier. Another option may be to make it look totally immobile, or a platform that is carried like a howdah by slaves and then deployed and fired. I’m only offering suggestions, I like how it looks overall but would like to see it look fatter somehow.

Hrm. Maybe even a four wheeled solution, with a smaller set of wheels at the back?

Also, bazookas. I like those! Can’t wait to see what’s in the lab.

Willmark:

Pretty cool have some slaves!

Also, I must be missing something as I do not see the crew.

Dervish Helldance:

Damn it… I couldn’t see the site for hours today (dunno why), so I didn’t see your ideas until after the machine was undercoated.:frowning:

I think it would look good with beards on the skulls for lammasu, I will do that. Maybe slaves dragging it, like snotlings or mixed clanrats/nightgoblins. The crew haven’t been bought yet, will do when I get money!

Kera foehunter:

Great idea there Dervish only great people have great mind to think out side the box!!

can’t wait to see how you finsh but here how mine did

nice idea

Dervish Helldance:

Cool one there Kera! You used the Helblaster parts too, I can see. I didn’t buy the whole box, only the rocket parts, from an Empire-player friend. But there is more to come…
And about the annihilators, the reason i will go with bazooka theme is that I was inspired by the illustration, on page 26 in the Indy GT CD book. That’s a boomstick I like!

Dead Kennedy:

Yeah, that illustration is fantastic! What kind of parts are you considering?

I always thought a unit of models converted to look like the guy on page 23 would be prime. He looks like he should have been born in the grim darkness of the future (and joined a Devastator company).

Your rocket battery is pretty slick Kera, what army do you use it with?

Kera foehunter:

my cd army they are part of my curst crew pirate cd !! sorry for takings over the post

Dead Kennedy:

Goblin doom diver crew would make for some fine, hapless slaves. These guys would make for some colorful crew. Hard to find cheaply and readily, but hilarious for an immobile rocket battery.

Dervish Helldance:

Please kera, take that on another topic.:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

For the blunderbusses, I thought of dwarfs warriors with masks and different beards, wielding small plastic tubes with added details (like spikes) The guys in the front will be aiming, the guys in the other ranks will hold it kinda like the illustration I mentioned, or like normal thunderers.

I will also sculpt beards on the skulls today.

Dead Kennedy:

I was thinking about your idea for BBussers and I think having them with vertical rifles would be great. Make the weapons look authentic and it will definitely work. I have never been a fan of dwarf models where the missile weapon crosses the body, it obscures a lot of detail. I think a unit with bbusses shouldered would be excellent.

Loki:

Great looking death rocket, keep up the good work :slight_smile:

Dervish Helldance:

Update! Beard time!

I will paint them black today, and also begin the dwarfs a little (I will get some of them today!). I was thinking of putting some rope in front of it, with a slave dragging it forward if it has to.

I’m also planning on buying some weapon teams from ebay, but that I’ll take later on.

Kera foehunter:

i like the rope idea !! maybe a troll from bfsp would be cool to pull it??