[Archive] December rumour - 'Blood of the Badlands'

Thommy H:

Hmm...  Blood of the Badlands and it's based underground between skaven and dwarfs...?

Grimstonefire
Why wouldn't it be? The Badlands is a disputed region that belongs to no one. The only race that can claim to be native are Orcs and Goblins. And they're native to almost everywhere.

Grimstonefire:

When I heard the book was called Blood of the Badlands I imagine it being:

1.  a campaign book heavily involving O&G

2.  based in/ on the badlands, not hundreds of feet below it…

I know we don’t really know anything about this, but based on the snippets I’ve read the title is a bit misleading imo when they could have picked anything.

wallacer:

I can live with a crummy title, so long as it has siege and underground rules in it.

Just hope the rumour is true.

Thommy H:

When I heard the book was called Blood of the Badlands I imagine it being:

1.  a campaign book heavily involving O&G
2.  based in/ on the badlands, not hundreds of feet below it...

I know we don't really know anything about this, but based on the snippets I've read the title is a bit misleading imo when they could have picked anything.

Grimstonefire
Actually, isn't it only the battle report in WD that's Skaven vs. Dwarfs? And it allegedly has siege rules, not just tunnel fighting rules. It could indeed be called anything, but I guess they just went with a location in which anyone (even Tomb Kings!) could be fighting.

wallacer:

Well, I ordered my copy from my flgs, so I guess it isn’t just a rumour.

Can’t believe this one snuck in under the radar so effectively. I didn’t even know about it until a week ago.

Time of Madness:

I can live with a crummy title, so long as it has siege and underground rules in it.

wallacer
The title has to have one of these three words in it. Blood, storm or skulls :)

Time of Madness

tjub:

Its supposed to read:

“‘Blood in the Badlands is a 96 page hardback campaign book for Warhammer. Inside you’ll find new background, a complete set of campaign rules, four massive multi-player scenarios, a Warhammer Siege expansion as well as additional rules for playing Warhammer in vast caverns below ground. All this is framed within an exciting studio campaign, as eight players, including the White Dwarf team, seek to carve out the largest empire so the ensorcelled castle, Fozzrik’s Flying Fastness, will land in their realm and its amazing treasures within can be claimed.’ £20.”

wallacer:

Thanks, I haven’t seen the WD article yet.

Time of Madness:

Thanks for that tjub.

Should be interesting read, I believe I’ll be picking it up.

Time of Madness

cornixt:

The title has to have one of these three words in it. Blood, storm or skulls :)

Time of Madness
It's like Chinese restaurant names; they have to contain Jade, Garden, Panda, or Palace.

Admiral:

I like the front cover, mainly for the Dwarfs with blue shields.

Nicodemus:

Fozzrik’s Flying Fastness?

vulcanologist:

Cheers for that update Tjub! Looks interesting. Wonder what rules for fighting underground could involve? No flyers probably but what else?

wallacer:

There were rules for fighting underground in a recent WD camapaign.

From memory I think it had restrictions on fliers and that sort of thing.

It all seemed pretty reasonable from what I can recall.

Hopefully they have something like that.

Vogon:

Well I got an email this morning saying the book is up for advance order but so far it’s not on the GW website.

Cheers

Vogon

wallacer:

Blood in the Badlands is a 96-page full-colour hardback Warhammer Supplement with rules that can be used in any Warhammer game, with massive multi-player scenarios featuring new magic items and spells, rules for underground battles and a complete siege expansion. It’s a must-have book for any Warhammer player so make sure you advance order yours today.

Thommy H:

Pre-ordered (from Malestrom, using their latest voucher…).

Hashut’s Blessing:

Yep - I was baffled that it was following the campaign that they played through and was hoping it just used the stuff they had: not actually following what they did too. Seems a bit sun up rear endy to me. Oh well.

Within are optional rules for sieges, optional rules for undergorund battles and I’ve forgotten what else. WD gives you some info on it though.

Fozzrik’s Flying Fastness is the ultimate prize - a flying fortress that lands once a year and has its doors open for a day before flying off. Supposedly impenetrable as a result, but it comes across as having no sterring and why would you want to live in the clouds without access to anything for a year?

Still, sounds worthwhile getting for siege/undergorund alone!

zobo1942:

‘Fozzrik’s Flying Fastness’… that sounds like a complete rip-off of the Black Fortress in the movie ‘Krull’.