[Archive] Demonic Engines

Thorwick:

In the Indy Gt list I was wondering if it would be worth while taking Earthshakers and Death Rockets as monsters. I killed a Wood Elf Alter Noble with my Death Rocket :). They cause fear and can move and shoot (I’m not completely sure they can move and shoot but that’s what I made out of the rules). My only thought is that the crew can only move 3 while the demonic engine can move 6.

Gar Shadowfame:

They cant move and shoot, as they are following rules for warmashines in this aspect.

Yes they are powerfull against all traditional ways of eliminating artilery, but against unit of troops with ranks etc they lack strenght,

Cew move is 3 and egines move is 6 its intentional as i remember from game testing forum.

CheTralfara:

I’m not quite clear on this… How is the crew supposed to keep up if they can only move 3" ?

Is there a requirement not to leave the crew behind? Or can the death rocket abandon them? Can it still fire without them?

Gar Shadowfame:

This is “monster and handlers” and you simply cant move more than each model’s individual movement. In case of the rampage 3d6 whole unit is moved. When charging move 12" with engine and place the handlers.

Spikes:

This is "monster and handlers"  and you simply cant move more than each model's individual movement. In case of the rampage 3d6 whole unit is moved. When charging move 12" with engine and place the handlers.

Gar Shadowfame
Wouldn't that mean that you charge 6 inches and pursue 2d6-1?

Da Crusha:

I believe that the deamon engine rules are exactly the same as the hellcannon rules which are further defined here
http://www.games-workshop.com/MEDIA_CustomProductCatalog/m2350036_WarriorsofChaosFAQFeb2009.pdf