[Archive] Devlanmud's Legion

Bolg:

I love all your conversions, great stuff! Looking forward to see what you do with that playmobil cannon. It has huge potential.

Oh and are you changing the name to EArth Shade’s Legion? d:

Kera foehunter:

love the boar centaur home made thingy love how you made the hammers

looks great

devlanmud:

I love all your conversions, great stuff! Looking forward to see what you do with that playmobil cannon. It has huge potential.

Oh and are you changing the name to EArth Shade's Legion? d:

Bolg
Nah, Think I'll stick with devlanmud. A few years down the line, it'll look really old school.
I discovered today that playmobil sell the cannon separately so I don't need to plunder the kids toybox

I'm glad people like what I'm making so far. Thanks for the encouragement!

devlanmud:

Finally got round to painting and photographing the tenderiser

there is a video of it working on my blog. The action isn’t as smooth as I would like but I’m pleased with how it has turned out.

JMR:

Heh, nice work there devlan. I like the video!

furrie:

It looks awsome and its realy cool that it works

devlanmud:

I got some RTV silicone and fast cast resin for my birthday this year and I’ve just got round to making my first mold. I went with a conversion of a BFSP dwarf for ease of mold design. So far I’ve cast five and only had a couple of problems with the axe handles. I’m really pleased.

Admiral:

Good stuff, especially the Tenderizer!

cornixt:

What the benefit of having such a huge chunk on the bottom of the feet? I’ve noticed the same thing on FW models. Is it a necessary part of resin casting?

devlanmud:

You need a decent sized hole to pour the resin in and a bit more resin than the volume of the figure to minimise the chance of air bubbles. the volumes of resin used are tiny, each figure uses only 6ml of resin. I think there is a similar piece when you cast in metal but it gets snapped off and reused.

Bolg:

Oeeh you got mold stuff! have fun making molds of anything! Its so awesome (:
(or at least I really enjoyed trying to copy oodles of stuff)

Oh and yes, the name will be oldschool within the year (:

Loki:

Nice work on everything , already looking forward to seeing more :slight_smile:

devlanmud:

Its taken ages to get these finished but I’m really pleased with them. I’ve cast and painted everything pictured except the movement trays. I’ve even sculpted the bases. 40 hobgoblin archers with unit fillers and 35 hobgoblins with shield and axes. They are a mix of resin models and white metal models.

fairoaks024:

very nice work, that’s an impressive hobgob unit

regards

jim

CopperPot:

Very cool hobos wish I had that many.

Kera foehunter:

I like the little fat one up front. I like the stone bace too

Karring:

Cool hobbos. I like the dirty scheme:cheers

devlanmud:

K’daai fireborn with big hats converted from BFSP trolls using plenty of grey stuff

Blue in VT:

Looking good mate…I have a casting kit but have yet to give it a try…you Are giving me good Inspiration!

Love the new avatar btw! :wink:

Cheers,

Blue

Da Crusha:

nice casting work. you’re a pro!