[Archive] Did I just start my GH#8 Entry a full month ahead of the due date?

Xander:

Why yes, yes I did.

Bwahahahahaha.  You’re all going down.  My scratch-built machine of destruction will win the day! :mad

I’ve been thinking of offering up a prize for this competition. Possibly two prizes…

How does this sound, if we get more than 25 entries, I will award the winner a brand new Avatars of War Dwarf Lord of Chaos miniature paid for from my own pocket!  The second place will be awarded a printed copy of the Canadian White Dwarf Supplement containing the Ravening Hordes Chaos Dwarf list!  I procured an additional copy to my own at a local hobby shop, and at a discount 50% off price!  

What do you think, should we shoot for higher? 30 entries? :stuck_out_tongue:

:hat off

Obsidian:

Shoot we should! :wink:

Having trouble myself getting work done on my entry. We’ll see if I can finish but in either way I’ll have a cool warmachine by the end of the year for sure! :stuck_out_tongue:

clam:

I don’t attend these kind of competitions with a desire of winning prizes (maybe because there are far better painters attending - then I’ll ever be) - but because it’s fun.

Should it encourage more people to attend (which it might have done in the GH about Standard Bearers) �?" then let us have a Prize �?" especially when it such a cool Prize.

Kera foehunter:

sounds good xander!! i will let you have your hope

till voting day when i will CRUSH YOU !!! with my entry

Obsidian:

I don't attend these kind of competitions with a desire of winning prizes - but because it's fun.

clam
:hat off:cheers

Xander:

Perhaps each entry earns a ticket into a random draw for a prize? :slight_smile:

GRNDL:

Meh, not going to enter anyway, so it doesn’t matter to me.

I have lost the drive for it. Also, no time.

Pyro Stick:

Prizes like that will definately encourage more people to enter so i say its a good idea if you are willing to do that. I dont think you will get 30 entries though. Thats more than double the amount we have ever had enter a single GH. 25 seems fine as that doesnt seem too difficult a target.

Sojourn:

I’m just… well, unmotivated… and BUSY! holy smokes, I won’t be able to enter :frowning:

but I wouldn’t want my awesomeness to steal a prize from someone more dedicated to the cause :wink: kidding! :stuck_out_tongue:

very generous Xander, but I think Kera challenged you to a duel!

Kera foehunter:

a  random drawing would be a better way  so that everyone has the same chance.

as a duel  maybe !!!   lets see how we stand up in this contest!!

i have a few project im working on now and other site !!
but it not to say i would not drop them

Hashut’s Blessing:

Still trying to enter, but I don;t expect to win :wink:

Godbob and his jolly rogers:

Damn I should of entered :stuck_out_tongue:

IMO think the AoW CD should be given to the winner and maybe two randomly picked prizes that way the winner has some sort of prize and it gives the other people a chance to win even if they think they won’t win?

Hashut’s Blessing:

Godbob, you still CAN enter :wink:

Godbob, you still CAN enter ;)

Hashut's Blessing
A month is to little, a year I could consider it :)

Hashut’s Blessing:

Do a simple one then. Sometimes, less is more…

dedwrekka:

Damn I should of entered :P

IMO think the AoW CD should be given to the winner and maybe two randomly picked prizes that way the winner has some sort of prize and it gives the other people a chance to win even if they think they won't win?

Godbob and his jolly rogers
Actually that just gave me an idea for the next painting competition. We should do one based on the AoW CD Lord! Alternatively one set up like a GD with multiple categories and an overall, only with "Conversion", "Monster", "Hero", "Terrain/objectives" and "Warmachine" as the categories.

Oh, and I think I beat you Xander, I had my project planned out about two hours before the announcement for GH#8 :P

Kera foehunter:

come on godbob have a goblin shot out of a leadbelchers canon

Xander:

The problem with doing a contest for the AoW DLoC is that it requires everyone to buy the miniature. If my poll is to believed only 6 or some people have that model.

Swissdictator:

A CD lord might be a better option. Allowing people who have it to use, and others to still participate.

I’m well under way with my submisison. Do I need to submit that I will be submitting or just submit the pics in time?

come on godbob have a goblin shot out of a leadbelchers canon

Kera foehunter
Funny you should say that as I am already half way through doing the exact same thing if I can work my Photobucket acount :mad I'll enter :)