[Archive] Diffrent types of cd

Kera foehunter:

Since the Chaos dwarf have large area to cover

do you think that there are Different ethnic among the cds.

even thow they are cd, do you think there reglion and ethnic

would be different??

Tarrakk Blackhand:

I think most CD’s would be somewhat simular, however they may worship Hashut differently and possibly have somewhat different dialects.

dedwrekka:

Since the Chaos dwarf have large area to cover
do you think that there are Different  ethnic among the cds.
even thow they are cd, do you think  there reglion and ethnic
would be different??

Kera foehunter
I would image so to some extent. The northern most CD communities would be more used ot trade, dealing with, and fighting against the Chaos Warriors. They'd probably sport more chaotic icons.

The communities to the east would deal with and fight the Ogres and eastern nations, however they likely have a good trade relationship going. They'll likely sport a few more eastern wares and Ogre bodyguards.

The Southern communities are closer to the trade routes between the Empire and Ind and Cathay, and it's suggested by the Ogre Kingdoms book that they have taken to raiding the caravans.

The Western CDs are closer to the Dwarf strongholds and the rest of the old world, so are probably a good source of slaves (Both from O&G held holds, Dwarf holds, and the outlying Empire settlements).

Pyro Stick:

Since there arent that many chaos dwarf to begin with i doubt they have different religions or whatever. At the most i would say they have different traditions but they all worship hashut.

snowblizz:

Since there arent that many chaos dwarf to begin with i doubt they have different religions or whatever. At the most i would say they have different traditions but they all worship hashut.

Pyro Stick
That is how I feel it most probably is as well and for exactly those reasons. Though admittedly my "vision" doesn't exactly fit with that. :~

Kera foehunter:

well even with a small group of cd i think the farther you get from the big city

the cd would start to evolve differently!! due to the surrounding

even thow they have the same god

each sorcerer would enterpid hashut as they are the only one that could talk to him and know his will and then the military out post would also have there cult to

Zanko:

IMO there are the “normal” BigHats who worship Hashut.

But I think there are also other CDs esp. in the northers Chaos wastes who are more like the 3rd edition ones.

Less civilized and from their culture and religion more like the “ordinary” Chaos Warriors.

:hashut

Kera foehunter:

oh i forgot about thows nomal big hat !!

i though they where a intercity gang!!

Giftzwerg:

I think there may be scattered tightly-knit communities that vary from the norm. Maybe the the northern ones would be more subject to mutation than normal, and the southern ones less so? Certainly there should be some cultural & economic differences reflecting the interaction with other groups, as dedwrekka says.

I agree that all would worship Hashut, although not necessarily in the same way. Think about the tremendous diversity within e.g. Christianity, or even more so within the Abrahamic family of religions. Maybe worship of hashut could also be diluted with worship of other gods?

Firehammer:

Well, the “bighat” army book is quite explicit, that there are few Chaos Dwarfs, that there is just one big city and that the rest of the Empire is just mines working for that city, which leaves not much room for variation or sub-empires. On the other hand we have the non-bighat chaos dwarfs that don’t fit into this Empire, maybe splinter groups in the Chaos Wastes or something else. As the Hashut cult is quite hierarchic, I would suggest that those non-bighats are worshipping the normal Chaos Gods, not Hashut. Anyway, with so few official information (most of it about 15 years old), I think we have the freedom to make plausible additions and variations. The timeline may have moved on, e.g. with a small independent slaver fortress in the mountains or such. Personally I will include one eastern tribe of evil dwarves into my army.

two_heads_talking:

kera are you asking if there are different colors of dwarf (ethnicity) and if they worship hashut differently?

From what I remember, dwarfs had varying shades of skintone before they were seperated into CD and ‘regular’ dwarfs. So, I’d say it’s personally reasonable to say there are some variables in skin shade.

as to worship, I think not.

With the way their society is very mono/partriarchal oriented and the punishment of death for anyone or anything not following that partriarch… I’d say no… a huge no from me.

TwilightCo:

IMO there are the "normal" BigHats who worship Hashut.
But I think there are also other CDs esp. in the northers Chaos wastes who are more like the 3rd edition ones.
Less civilized and from their culture and religion more like the "ordinary" Chaos Warriors.

:hashut

Zanko
Ditto. Since the Big Hats became the CD norm I've maintained that my horde live north of the silk road.

:mask It's the headgear... we think alike.

Kera foehunter:

Yes tht !! the crips and the bloods!!you know they have sorcerer wars

Thorne:

there are also the more ‘chaos’ styled dwarves fo if i remember rigth the Iron Crown Zhar which is more alike chaos warrior types. Heavy armour horns and riding to war on boars (not unlike a few i threw together a few years ago). heavy armour chaos warrior style helms and sheilds big armour many skulls and trophies of there victims. those guys were certainly not conventional hashut worshipers more like twisted mean spirited nasty dwarves of meanness

Scion:

I think there might be a few different cults that inhabit the darker depths of Zharr Naggrund. Cults of demon worshipers, chaotic defilers and machine spirits etc. Not a huge amount but a few.

Kera foehunter:

the big hats are a dying breed

Scion:

Up with masks!! :slight_smile:

This message was automatically appended because it was too short.

Kera foehunter:

up with pirate hats!!! the new big hats

speedygogo:

I always thought of pygmies as a type of savage chaos dwarf.

BilboBaggins:

well even with a small group of cd i think the farther you get from the big city
the cd would start to evolve differently!! due to the surrounding
even thow they have the same god
each sorcerer would enterpid hashut as they are the only one that could talk to him and know his will  and then the military out post would also have there cult to

Kera foehunter
Red-Neck Chaos Dwarfs?