[Archive] Dimensions for the new war machines?

Time of Madness:

Just curious if anyone can give me the dimensions for some of the new war machines.

Is it possible to get the Dreadquake mortar on a 100mm X 150mm base?

Time of Madness

Nicodemus:

Just curious if anyone can give me the dimensions for some of the new war machines.

Is it possible to get the Dreadquake mortar on a 100mm X 150mm base?

Time of Madness

Time of Madness
100x300mm would be the minimum. Maybe even 120 or 150 wide would be better. You wouldn't want the base for it to be too long or else you'll ave trouble connecting your carriages to the Iron Daemon engine.

Best option would be to make a scenic base for it but keep it removable.

~N

macbeth:

I made the base of my Iron daemon from a movement tray : 100x80. It was enough…

Grimstonefire:

I’d say 60mm x 180mm would be the minimum.  So possibly 2 screaming bell bases end to end (60mm x 200mm)?

I’ll be cutting all mine to fit anyway from the GW kit movement trays. I made the Iron Daemon base 60mm x 120mm.

ryanamandaanna:

I put the Iron Daemon on a Screaming Bell Base. The Death Shrieker and Magma Cannon on Chariot bases, and the Dreadquake Mortar on two chariot bases end to end. :hat off

Nicodemus:

I put the Iron Daemon on a Screaming Bell Base.  The Death Shrieker and Magma Cannon on Chariot bases, and the Dreadquake Mortar on two chariot bases end to end.  :hat off

ryanamandaanna
I thoguht Chariot bases are 50x100, so there's no way I can see two of these fitting the Dreadquake Mortar.

Borador:

Interesting thread.

Chariot bases are somewhere around 50x100 I believe yeah, so two of those gonna fit a dreadquake

Nicodemus:

Interesting thread.

Chariot bases are somewhere around 50x100 I believe yeah, so two of those gonna fit a dreadquake

Borador
Yeup, you're right... now that I've tried lining them up the full 200mm length gives lots of overhang to cover the couplers/hooks on the bogies.

Borador:

So that’s one issue solved :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Time of Madness:

Ok thanks for the feedback folks.

So here’s how the base chart works out then. Correct me if I’m wrong.

Dreadquake Mortar - 2 Chariot bases (50X200)

Death Shrieker - 1 Chariot base (50X100)

Magma Cannon - 1 Chariot base (50X100)

Iron Daemon - 1 Screaming Bell base (60X100)

Does that look about right?

Time of Madness

Nicodemus:

Ok thanks for the feedback folks.

So here's how the base chart works out then. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Dreadquake Mortar - 2 Chariot bases (50X200)
Death Shrieker - 1 Chariot base (50X100)
Magma Cannon - 1 Chariot base (50X100)
Iron Daemon - 1 Screaming Bell base (60X100)

Does that look about right?
Time of Madness

Time of Madness
I'd go with the same width for all of them, and seeing as the Iron Daemon really does need the 60mm width that's probably the best bet as 50mm is far too narrow on that model, IMHO. Furthermore, a 60mm wide base on the other models is still quite reasonable and doesn't look out of proportion at all.

~N