[Archive] Dipped Empire

grom:

Strona główna Blox.pl <- heres blog of dipped empire army made by my friend (same who painted my minitermies).

Dip can look good :slight_smile:

Godbob and his jolly rogers:

i like how you made the ice

Good job

grom:

I wrote that is not my work, ppls should learn to read :open_mouth:

what ice? :open_mouth:

The ice that the banner bearer and others is standing on

Also sorry I ment to say “He” I’ve had a hard day :h

grom:

Its not ice - its styrodur and bases are not finished :wink:

Swissdictator:

I hope the guy slapped a dull coat on! I dipped my first VC army, and the dullcoat made a big improvement.

Overall though, his turned out very nice. He did a better job then I did with dipping. It is a bit of an art picking out which minwax to use, and picking the right base colors.

Not a bad Empire army.

Groznit Goregut:

It is pretty good. I’ve done a lot of dipping, myself. I’ve turned towards using the washes, though. They are a lot easier, but you don’t have a wash for every color. You can just prime something white, give it a few washes, and it comes out great.

I did everything with just washes, except the metallic (well, and the yellow-ish strap for the bucket).

Swissdictator:

Groznit: Very nice! Very nice. My favorite (fluff wise) war machine in the whole game too!

I’m using washes for my Nurgle (still using normaly colors for a base color).

Kera foehunter:

nice work love the hockland guys

clam:

As said in the Chaos Dwarf Radio IV - dipping could be a way to finish lots of models in a hurry - but don’t forget to the matt finish (IMO) - he did great Grom.

@ Groznit Goregut - what wash did you use for the wooden effect - Devlan Mud??

Its not ice - its styrodur and bases are not finished ;)

grom
Oh I perfer the ice

Groznit Goregut:

Yes. I did Devlan Mud on a white primer. It is terrific.

I will also say that I shamelessly stole the idea from Silver on Da Warpath. Give him all the credit.

Ishkur Cinderhat:

Dipping can look good if done properly. I use it for my tyranids, because I really can’t be bothered painting up hundreds of small critters with shading and highlighting. ^^ The organic brown shades also work well with bugs.

@Groznit: whoa, that catapult looks greeeaat! :o

Groznit Goregut:

Thanks!  I’m quite impressed.  I’ve done some really good wood affects with dipping, but nothing as cool as with the washes.

This is my snotling pump wagon done with dip.

The washes are so incredibly easier than dipping.  Less messy, toxic, or smelly.  Watch out for tipping over the bottle, though.  I’ve done that a couple of times…

EDIT  You can’t see invisible links?  Oh, OK…I will make it visible :slight_smile:

GRNDL:

@Groznit

Heya, I don’t think you added the link for your dipped snotling pump wagon. Unless its completely invisible of course, in which case, I take it back. :slight_smile:

Groznit Goregut:

Fixed the link so it works now.

Kera foehunter:

well im not a real fan of dipping

but i do like the new gw washes

Groznit Goregut:

I have had my best dipping results with my stone trolls here:

If anyone is interested in Dipping, I did start a pretty good thread on Da Warpath that can be found here. I have seen some good examples of dwarfs done with dipping, but not Chaos Dwarfs.

I will re-iterate, the GW washes have proven to be easier, cleaner, and I have gotten better results than dipping.

Zanko:

I like it!

:hashut

Kera foehunter:

looks good it made the stone look great thanks for the link too

i always like that troll model