[Archive] Disappointing Purchase

brotsorrow:

I know this may not be the right place for this but just a heads up for any north americans, especially Canadians if you are buying from Great Canadian Miniatures. After 5 weeks from my initial order, i finally got my order of two boxes of fenrisian wolf packs, a storm of magic book and a deck of magic cards. It took about a week to get any info about how/where to pay and then 3 weeks to get a response that GW was out of the wolves, and now 2 weeks for the items to arrive.

If anyone knows of another online discount store, please pass it on to me

rpitts2004:

www.ebay.com =D

This message was automatically appended because it was too short.

ryanamandaanna:

brotsorrow:

at rpitts - finding fenrisian wolves for a discount including shipping was hard in june. I use ebay all the time

@ ryanamandaanna - thanks for the link

zobo1942:

Wow, that stinks.

I was thinking about placing an order from them and having my brother pick it up (he lives in Victoria) and then bring it with him the next time I meet him in Vancouver.

Given your experience, I may need to reconsider…

Kera foehunter:

5 weeks!!

i would of been screaming at them. every day …

they would probably never EVER take another order of mine.

Time of Madness:

Not really horrible when you think about it.

I have ordered from them in the past and haven’t had any issues.

If they don’t have the item in stock they need to order it and wait for it to arrived from GW (which I believe is now all in the USA). They then have to turn around and ship it to you. Would have been nice if they kepted you in the loop a bit better.

Did you send them an e-mail and complain?

Time of Madness

brotsorrow:

Not really horrible when you think about it.

I have ordered from them in the past and haven't had any issues.

If they don't have the item in stock they need to order it and wait for it to arrived from GW (which I believe is now all in the USA). They then have to turn around and ship it to you. Would have been nice if they kepted you in the loop a bit better.

Did you send them an e-mail and complain?
Time of Madness

Time of Madness
Thats just it.... no/horrible communication. I understand if they did not have the item in stock that i will have to wait.... But if they don't inform me, then i stew.

As for Kera's approach, i have learned in years past that some sellers just make the wait that much longer as they know you're pissed already and now being a pain (and rightfully entitled to be a pain).