[Archive] Do Calavry get parry save?

qwe50:

Can’t find it in the book

Thommy H:

It’s in the rules for weapons. And no, they don’t.

snowblizz:

Had trouble finding it as well. Last line of the last paragraph in the Parry Save section.

In a brilliant stroke of clarity the paragraph starts by saying that as a last exception Frenzied models can’t Parry. Oh and yeah and nor can mounted models. I’d call that two exceptions but ok…

nitroglysarine:

Whats a parry save?

just an armour save but only when you have HW & shield?

Thommy H:

Unmounted troops with a hand weapon and shield get a 6+ ward save in close combat when not engaged in the flank or rear.

nitroglysarine:

Unmounted troops with a hand weapon and shield get a 6+ ward save in close combat when not engaged in the flank or rear.

Thommy H
cool, always useful having a shield now I guess!

snowblizz:

Thommy H

nitroglysarine
It's a direct replacement for the HW+SH +1AS from previous editions. Amounts to about the same thing, but better against high S hits I guess.

Fequiil:

Thommy H

nitroglysarine
It's a direct replacement for the HW+SH +1AS from previous editions. Amounts to about the same thing, but better against high S hits I guess.

snowblizz
is it a replacement:o
i thought it was extra....:~

gotta check that though.

EDIT: it's not a replacement, check page 43 of the rulebook.

snowblizz:

Fequiil
Oh but it is a replacement of an existing save. In 6th and 7th the shield gave +1AS AND a further +1AS in CC in combination with an handweapon.

In 8th this extra pip has been changed into a 6+ ward save, the Parry save.

No longer do Ironbreakers get a 2+ combat save or heavy armoured, shield warriors get a 3+. Now it is a 3+/6+ and 4+/6+ respectively. See what I mean?

Fequiil:

Fequiil
Oh but it is a replacement of an existing save. In 6th and 7th the shield gave +1AS AND a further +1AS in CC in combination with an handweapon.

In 8th this extra pip has been changed into a 6+ ward save, the Parry save.

No longer do Ironbreakers get a 2+ combat save or heavy armoured, shield warriors get a 3+. Now it is a 3+/6+ and 4+/6+ respectively. See what I mean?

snowblizz
ahh, i get it, but i never knew of that +1 extra save in CC(luckly my friend the dwarf didn,t know that either:D).