[Archive] Do Odd Miniatures--anyone know where I can get those dwarves?

Taurian:

I’m just wondering if anyone knows anything about Do Odd Miniatures, since I haven’t seen any of the dwarves for sale on eBay in a while. I should have ordered, but I had concerns about the sizing. It was only once I saw that nice thread here that I figured they’d fit in, but I don’t see his stuff for sale anymore. I’ve tried contacting through his eBay shop, but I haven’t heard anything back and it’s been a couple weeks. Can anyone help me out here?

Nicodemus:

I messaged Dirk via eBay back in the Fall. Took a while to hear back from him. I had ordered a bunch of his stuff back when he was selling the Black Dwarfs regularly (mostly from being showcased in Tom’s Borning Mordheim Forum and the Bordertown Burning supplement). Anyway, I reminded him I bought a bunch of stuff and wanted to get the missing models. Took a while after I heard back from him to get the models. I got the impression he needed to cast the ones I was looking for, so he may not be doing any more one-off orders. A couple of the casts weren’t as good and seemed like maybe the molds were deteriorating… but that’s just my guess.

~N

JonJon:

I didnt see any dwarves on the link but the King Kong made me go to church does any one have pictures

Jon

JonJon:

I found them,not my thing but the orks are nice

Jon

Nicodemus:

We have an entry I started in the Wiki for the “alternate Chaos Dwarf Models”, the Black Dwarfs and related models are under DO ODD Miniatures

I just have to get around to taking photos of the remaining Black Dwarfs and Hobgoblin. I don’t have the topless female Black Dwarf, but that’s not quite my taste anyway.

~N

Taurian:

Thanks for the info, Nicodemus. I guess I’ll just wait around and see if he responds. There were a couple of those that I did want to get, like that rocket launcher. Unless he starts selling again or someone else sells the minis that they bought, then I can’t do anything about it.

Nicodemus:

Updated the wiki with the pics of the models I have:

DO ODD Miniatures

~N

Taurian:

I kept wondering if he was going to ever respond to me (never did, as far as I could see) or post more of these on eBay. At first I was happily surprised to see the chaos dwarves appear again, but only for a fraction of a second. What he posted were actually the greens, so I guess he intends not to make any more molds or miniatures. I guess I should have bought the minis while I had the chance–that rocket launcher looked pretty interesting at least.

Zanko:

Do Odd Miniatures aka D.O.O.M aka Dirkidog sells some of his Chaos Dwarf greens and WIPs at eBay!

Here ist the link!

:hashut

Taurian:

I’m just wondering if anyone knows anything about Do Odd Miniatures, since I haven’t seen any of the dwarves for sale on eBay in a while. I should have ordered, but I had concerns about the sizing. It was only once I saw that nice thread here that I figured they’d fit in, but I don’t see his stuff for sale anymore. I’ve tried contacting through his eBay shop, but I haven’t heard anything back and it’s been a couple weeks. Can anyone help me out here?

Nicodemus:

I messaged Dirk via eBay back in the Fall. Took a while to hear back from him. I had ordered a bunch of his stuff back when he was selling the Black Dwarfs regularly (mostly from being showcased in Tom’s Borning Mordheim Forum and the Bordertown Burning supplement). Anyway, I reminded him I bought a bunch of stuff and wanted to get the missing models. Took a while after I heard back from him to get the models. I got the impression he needed to cast the ones I was looking for, so he may not be doing any more one-off orders. A couple of the casts weren’t as good and seemed like maybe the molds were deteriorating… but that’s just my guess.

~N

JonJon:

I didnt see any dwarves on the link but the King Kong made me go to church does any one have pictures

Jon

JonJon:

I found them,not my thing but the orks are nice

Jon