[Archive] Do they have the Chaos Dwarfs one Book of the Offenses?

Henroth:

Do they have the Chaos Dwarfs one Book of the Offenses, or anything similar?

I imagine, to the Chaos Dwarfs write in one great tombstone, as the ancients Asirians in the Code of Hammurabi.  :hat off

Hobgoblyn:

Perhaps… but, I’d like to point out, that Chaos Dwarfs don’t necessarily have to have a ‘chaosy’ version of EVERYTHING the Dwarfs have plus some extra stuff.

Note that Chaos Dwarfs aren’t famous for having grudge-bearers or troll-slayers or such… they hate Dwarfs, but they don’t seem to spend a lot of time persuing revenge like Dwarfs do.

In fact, if they did, their whole culture and race would quickly dissipate as they kill each other over imagined offenses.

Baggronor:

I think the materialistic, greedy side of Dwarfs is magnified in CDs, hence why they are simply content to sit on their massive concentration of ores and minerals and mine it indefinitely. They still place value in age and knowledge, and deem blood ties to be unbreakable, but they don’t seem so honourbound or prone to grudges, nor do they seem to have a concept of slayer or other outcast status, at least not so far in the official fluff. I think they’re just more pragmatic :slight_smile:

snowblizz:

I think the materialistic, greedy side of Dwarfs is magnified in CDs, hence why they are simply content to sit on their massive concentration of ores and minerals and mine it indefinitely. They still place value in age and knowledge, and deem blood ties to be unbreakable, but they don't seem so honourbound or prone to grudges, nor do they seem to have a concept of slayer or other outcast status, at least not so far in the official fluff. I think they're just more pragmatic :)

Baggronor
Greed does that to you!

Zanko:

I think the materialistic, greedy side of Dwarfs is magnified in CDs, hence why they are simply content to sit on their massive concentration of ores and minerals and mine it indefinitely. They still place value in age and knowledge, and deem blood ties to be unbreakable, but they don't seem so honourbound or prone to grudges, nor do they seem to have a concept of slayer or other outcast status, at least not so far in the official fluff. I think they're just more pragmatic :)

Baggronor
I agree with Baggronor!

Not everyone is so corroded to honour like the "ordinary" dwarfs ...:):):)

:hashut

Swissdictator:

I’d say no, not really. I think it is easy to remember a single grudge, as I think they only have one real grudge.

They will never forgive, and eternally hate, their western ‘brethren’ for abandoning them.

The rest of the time they’re just biding their time building up their strength and wealth.

Godbob and his jolly rogers:

I thought about this myself if CD held grudes but after a long, hard think I decided that although they do they don’t go to the full extent as to either write it in a book or let it dominate there live like there easten brothers

Hashut’s Blessing:

Baggranor surmissed my reply succinctly and perfectly.

Grimstonefire:

I think they would have a book of grudges, or something similar.

Never forgiving and never forgetting are racial characteristics, something I doubt would have changed as a result of their minor mutations.

For a moment I thought you were talking about the Law Stone used in one of those ancient civilisations, the hittites maybe.

wallacer:

CD actually, in many respects, seem a lot more practical than their non-chaos equivalents.

I doubt if they’d waste time on anything as unproductive as grudges.

Stabbing someone in the back to get a promotion on the other hand…

Henroth:

Never forgiving and never forgetting are racial characteristics, something I doubt would have changed as a result of their minor mutations.

Grimstonefire
Exact, one Dwarf, for very evil, or very corrupt that it is, he's still one racial characteristic own.

Kera foehunter:

i dont think they have a book ! they carve there plans in the back of one of there slaves

then they let the skin heal Then skin the slave !!

well thats what i do

Fallen246:

Kera that is so evil.

Glad to have ya here Kera :stuck_out_tongue:

Kera foehunter:

you should see what i do when i send a pm!!!

Hobgoblyn:

I think they would have a book of grudges, or something similar.

For a moment I thought you were talking about the Law Stone used in one of those ancient civilisations, the hittites maybe.

Grimstonefire
It isn't about forgetting or not forgetting. One doesn't have to forget to choose not to hold a grudge.
But Chaos Dwarf society is one in which the members likely screw each other over with high frequency. Generally they spend so much time giving others so much reason to hold grudges against them, they surely they long ago realized that if they went around holding grudges or trying to even scores it just wouldn't be productive or profitable.

Every minute spent trying to get revenge or brooding on what happened is a minute that could have been spent doing some opportunistic and cruel to better their own position.

Those who have the typical dwarf attitude of "wah! You stole my candy, now I am going to spend the rest of my life obsessing over this until I have my revenge!" would sink to the bottom of the society and ultimately be destroyed. Such an attitude can only work within a society where it is very, very, very rare for anyone to steal your candy. In a society where it happens every damn day, the person wastes their life and dies penniless, alone and afraid.

So sure, Chaos Dwarfs would have picture-perfect recollection of every time they'd ever been wronged. They'd also have picture-perfect recollection of every time they've ever wronged someone and given the person a reason to hold a grudge. They'd quickly realize that they have neither the time nor the patience to either persue all these grudges or snuff out all those others would pursue against them and declare such things a fool's game and quickly give it up.

If you presupposed that Chaos Dwarfs are big on holding minor personal grudges, then you'd also have to presuppose that Chaos Dwarfs don't give (at least each other) reasons to hold grudges or that the Chaos Dwarfs have killed each other off already.

Willmark:

Grudges? Doubtful

To me Chaos Dwarfs are the ultimate consumers of the Warhammer world, sort fo like Tyranids, but more intelligent. They devour everything in their path if it suits their needs or designs, be it wood, metal gems or what have you.

A grudge is so ethereal it goes against this idea, a grudge doesn’t produce a physical something if you get my meaning as to the paragraph above.

Kera foehunter:

well they still hate the western dwarfs that sound like a grudge

if Cd are the ultimate comsumers ? Why do they not have a large army of cd ?

If the are demon forge weapons why not daemon spawn chaos dwarfs to do there evil bidding

Willmark:

if Cd are the ultimate comsumers ? Why do they not have a large army of cd ?

Kera foehttp://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/images/codebuttons/link.gifhunter
Whats the correlation between a large population and consuming resources, I'd say the two don't have to be tied...

Kera foehunter:

if you don’t replace your population you die out!!

Darwin

Khan!:

if you don't replace your population you die out!!
Darwin

Kera foehunter
Hahahaha empirical proof!!

Actually I'm not sure that being a bad consumer means that you'll breed more. It does mean that each individual consumes more resources, so actually I guess that any increase of population would then be in direct relation to the availability of resources. And since Chaos Dwarfs have lots of magma and ash and toxic chemicals, but not necessarily lots of food resources (slaves?) then their population may not increase exponentially but rather just be an environmental calamity!!

My two cents on grudges: seems to me that the CDs are more individualistic, and more likely to keep records of whose spited whom on a personal level. And then sidle up real close to their enemies and gut them when they least expect it! Like Othello, pretty much.