[Archive] Do you own WDP: Chaos Dwarfs?

oboudd:

Blast I alway’s miss that book,and my printer busted so I had to copy it by hand.

AGPO:

Sadly I haven’t got a copy (e-bay here I come). Has anyone read the battle report in WD181 which sees every wood elf and empire model in the studio armies take on every orc and CD. Sadly I don’t have the issue in question but I’ve heard it refered to

wallacer:

Aside from curiosity value is it of any real use? Or is it one of those things that gets read once then gathers dust on the bookshelf?

hobblin:

I wish I had one still…KAZAM…no it not there,maby it’s there…

Unable to comment looking for WD.

Father Grumpmas:

When I scored a whole heap of Big Hat stuff cheaply, the guy threw the book in with it:D

It’s good for the fluff and does have a single coloured page with all the banners on them - good to photocopy if you want to use them

Lord Harkath:

yes, its not bad, although if you have both dwarfs then that is great 2

:hat off

cypher:

No, but I check my local GS and used book stores on a weekly basis for it.

:frowning:

Nazhur:

Yes, I got the armybook even if I miss the WD that also came with it.

Ash:

Yup, ive got the WDP: Chaos Dwarfs book, bought it when i started my Chaos Dwarf army twelve years ago. Ah the good old days when Chaos dwarfs were on the shelves, and metal mini’s were three for a fiver, and you could buy the army book, eight plastic mini’s and have change for a twenty pound note.

Its the fluff in the book thats kept me loyal to the bucket heads all these years

Pyro Stick:

All serious Chaos Dwarf players should have this book. I got it a few years ago from a second chance offer on ebay.

Nazhur:

It seems when you look at ebay and other stuff that itsn�t so expensive to get, around 6-7 dollar or sometihng. So keep your eyes open, I see almost one or two bookes each week on diffrent trading places.

Rattler:

Wow. It’s $59.90 USD on this site. I think I’d rather wait for it to pop up on Ebay.

torn:

Just ordered one off ebay, more for the background and the photo’s than anything else. Anything to help me get started with my army is a bonus!

dabiggrotsboss:

Picked mine up at a crummy little game shop. It was still new.

wallacer:

Well I just picked up a copy off eBay.

I was pretty disappointed with the background section, which was smaller than I would have liked. On the bright side, there is a nice map, some good pictures and a useful catalogue of old CD figures at the back of the book (just the big hat ones though, not the old 1980s hatless Chaos Dwarfs).

Blackforge:

Are the rules current? Aside from the FAQs?

torn:

Well I just picked up a copy off eBay.
I was pretty disappointed with the background section, which was smaller than I would have liked. On the bright side, there is a nice map, some good pictures and a useful catalogue of old CD figures at the back of the book (just the big hat ones though, not the old 1980s hatless Chaos Dwarfs).

wallacer
I felt exactly the same when mine got here. Lots of nice pics to help with conversions etc but not much else. Especially that you havent read before online.

Lord Zarkov:

Are the rules current? Aside from the FAQs?

Blackforge
The only current CD rules are those from Ravaning Hordes, (of which there is a pdf scan-in on most GW sites)
WDP:CD is very old and not current at all (ruleswise), but it doew contain a wealth of background material

Ghrask Dragh:

I got mine from ebay a couple of weeks back :cheers

I got it mainly for the background and ideas to theme my army, I just finished a Lord on Taurus based on the cover!!

I really enjoyed reading the background as I hadn’t read anything about chaos dwarfs for years, now I can’t wait to start my army!!!:hat

Uzkul Werit:

I’ll be getting my copy in a few weeks time!

The fluff section is a little small but it’ll be nice to have everything together.