[Archive] Does anyone use hobgoblind in aos anymore?

ross_lionheart:

We obviously have a lot of expensive troops to use and I’ve noticed most people have the preference to use these over our greenskind counterparts. Does anyone use hobgoblinsome in there army to slow down your enemies or steal objectives. I have sneaky gits and wolfriders and ideally I’d like to field them!

gIL^:

In organised play it would be hard to justify the use of greenskins, as hobgoblins use the goblin rules which don’t have chaos allegiance, With friends i would say why not, but against other players or the use of points i would say they can’t be used at all.

Then again ive seen hobgoblins used as Chaos Maunders, and not many would be against that at all, plus you get your chaos battline so you don’t have to use the Legion of Azgorh allegiance so you could add chaos units, such as daemons and warriors if you felt so inclined!.

So use your hobgoblins as chaos Marauders!

Grimbold Blackhammer:

I’ve used them repeatedly in my army. In fact I’ve just upped my core to 2 units of 30 with bows and shields, 1 unit of 40 with bows and shields, and a unit of 20 Slave Orcs. With high leadership backing them up, I think they are fantastic!

Carcearion:

Hmm… using Mauraders for Hobgoblins is actually a really interesting idea.

I’m playing KoW actually, but that would really simplify my allies plans for my bigger force (right now I’m dipping into multiple allies lists to account for my various kinds of green skins and slaves- but if I just dipped into the “chaos warrior” list I could knock out my human slaves, slave orcs, black orcs, and hobgoblins in one go and have hobgoblin slave masters which can “Inspire” all my green skin and slave units).

gsteelwraith:

If one checks the Warscroll Generator at the Warhammer Community site, one can actually create them as part of one’s force, although only the Wolfriders seem to be considered Battleline troops. My biggest issue is finding tolerable Hobgoblin substitutes, as GW ones are expensive and hard to come by, and regular gobbos are just too weedy to be treated as hobgoblins.

ross_lionheart:

In organised play it would be hard to justify the use of greenskins, as hobgoblins use the goblin rules which don't have chaos allegiance, With friends i would say why not, but against other players or the use of points i would say they can't be used at all.

Then again ive seen hobgoblins used as Chaos Maunders, and not many would be against that at all, plus you get your chaos battline so you don't have to use the Legion of Azgorh allegiance so you could add chaos units, such as daemons and warriors if you felt so inclined!.

gIL^
I thought that we could use hobgoblins in our army lists as they are included in our army book as a substitute warscroll?

Roark:

Sadly, they still break Allegiance, which is essential for Matched Play. But there are two other ways to play AoS. I’ve been playing a pure hobgoblin force in Matched Play myself. :slight_smile:

Skink:

gIL^
Dang, of course! I had not thought of that :o! That way you can also use Heroes on Manticore as Lammasu & Great Taurus, Hellcannons, and Destroyers as Slaughterbrutes!

moogoodoo:

I use my hobbgoblns as marouders and black orcs as chaos warriors. I haven’t found anyone that minds

Roark:

I’ve been subbing my hobbos in as Ungor Raiders lately. I dig their rules, and it’s a good chance to use my hordes of bow-wielding chaff.

Sadin2912:

Dont know if it is still interestingfor somebody, but I’ve just started AoS some months ago and with my friends i play hobgoblins using goblin warscrolls and adding the keyword “Chaos” instead of “Destruction”.

Cant find it right now but I’ve found a Forum once where the same question came up and someone copied a reply from FW sayin that they think too that “Chaos” should be added as Keyword for Goblins, used as Hobgoblins in a CD Army.