[Archive] Don't feed your fish greenstuff!

Grimstonefire:

Something important I read on the side of my GS packet (from tiranti).

"Harmful to Aquatic organisms, may cause long-term adverse effects in the aquatic environment"

So now you all know!

:sick

Also to “wear suitable gloves & eye/ face protection”.!?!?

wallacer:

Also to "wear suitable gloves & eye/ face protection".!?!?
I think it is mildly toxic, to be fair, although washing your hands sometime in between using greenstuff and eating food should solve that problem.

Not quite so sure about the eye protection. To date none of my greenstuff has ever exploded in my face.

dedwrekka:

It’s a mild carcinogine. The process of drying greenstuff releases an extremely small amount of harmful vapors if done at above 100 deg (F), which is why the manufacturer’s warning says to use in a well ventilated area.

I wouldn’t worry about it too much, but then again that’s also what they used to say about Cadmium paint, leaded clay, and paintbrush licking.

Basic thing is, you never know. So don’t eat it, don’t use it with open wounds, wash your hands well (I suggest a hand cleaner with pumice), and don’t rub your eyes when you use it (Why they suggest eye protection).

Not trying to scare anyone, but hey, today’s play-doh is tomorrows consumer safety recall.

For those interested, here’s the MSDS for Kneadatite Blue/Yellow. It’s less hazardous than most of the things I work with, and a good deal less hazardous than most of the chemicals you might have under your sink.

Kera foehunter:

So does that mean you may have problems when you make a fishman army with green stuff ?? Aggggguug curses !! this green stuff

WarplockMonkey:

Goddamn it…so THAT explains the health problems…

looks at GS sandwich and bursts into tears

- Warplock

Hazkar:

wow,its sounds very dangerous…better i dig a big hole in my garden and hide it

or would that be bad for all my flowers?hmmm…

dedwrekka:

wow,its sounds very dangerous...better i dig a big hole in my garden and hide it

or would that be bad for all my flowers?hmmm...

Hazkar
Meh. It's not that bad. It'll make your skin and eyes a little sensitive after overexposure, and upset your stomach if you eat it. However, even though that's just what we know about it now, if you spent all you time avoiding things that could possibly be hazards sometime later, you'd never get anything done.

Kera foehunter:

no warplock, it’s the white bread that make you sick !!!

Xander:

I had a dream last night that I was eating Gold Foil wrapped Chocolate Coins without removing the wrapper.

Then my stomach started to hurt. :S

Joshmohr:

Wow, dose this mean that only aquatic things are killed by it? Dose this mean if it edible? :slight_smile:

warh:

What!?!!

i have feed my fish’s with gs for years

but they only got some green extra eyes

Kera foehunter:

Xander you should post your dream here !!

You have some good ones!!